Reviews for The Choice
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
The greatest Christmas present Milt could have got from Mark was what Mark did or chose not to do I should say.

Milt has been trying to keep Mark in the right direction and he had hoped eventually learn to do the right thing and he sure did in this story so yes Milt got the best Christmas gift that Mark couldv'e ever got him.

Such a very nice story.

It truly warms your hard when you read it.

Pictured it from start to finish everything that was going on.

Jaz,keep the great stories coming.

Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
First, my thanks to you for posting this lovely story, as well as thanks to Owl and Ceebee for whatever encouragement they offered to make it so. Because it really _is_ lovely . . . a wonderful look at everyday choices (well, maybe not everyday for most of us, but still) and the way that good intentions really can end up paving the way to less than desirable places.

But these guys are on the path to better places, thanks to each other, and they each had an opportunity to realize that before making the kinds of decisions that can't be taken back- and HC launching into half-formed accusations would certainly have been just as detrimental as anything McC was contemplating.

Thanks so much for sharing.
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
What a way to welcome Christmas this year! I just loved everything about this story-Milt's acknowledgment that if Mark "did" something, there had to be a good reason; Mark's choice and recognition that the best way to say 'thanks' was to not do something; and the trust they showed to be honest with eachother.

Oh, man, I just can't get enough of this stuff! Thanks so much for writing such a perfect story!
302pilot chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Oh, I am so glad this is seeing the light of day! I loved this story-it was just so 'them'. You painted the emotions so well-Hardcastle's eventual understanding that if the kid did do something, he had a good reason and McCormick's reluctance to admit what he was thinking of doing and sadness at not having something to give his friend. Just a wonderful Christmas story and a great addition to the challenge. Thank you ever so much. Christmas blessings to you and yours!

owlcroft chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I absolutely adore this story and am so glad it's up where everyone can share in it. Everything about it is perfect - the guys are totally in character, I can "hear" them saying every word; the situation is completely believable and beautifully written; and the ending is something that deserves a big gold star all on its own.

This is a wonderful addition to the Christmas story challenge and one that I'll read every Christmas from now on. Thanks so much for posting this absolute gem. I hope to read many more of your stories _very_ soon!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Owl said if we were very good, there'd be a treat for Christmas, and here it is. I love the twists and turns in this one. It's a plot with real heart and a perfect complement to the canon. I also think it was very clever of you and Arianna to arrange your Christmas offerings in chronological order.

Thanks so much for posting this. The perfect gift for the holiday!