Reviews for There's The Rub
Ultrawoman chapter 10 . 2/15
Wonderful, just wonderful! I wasn't sure how you were going to improve on the episode 'There's the Rub' because honestly, I do love it just as it is. (Jess on the porch getting at Dean for being so tall cracks me up every. single. time! lol) However, you did it, and I should have had more faith in you, because you made it even better. Rory & Jess are just about perfect together anyway, but the way you write them... I love it! :)

Y'know it really doesn't bother me that you borrow lines from the show sometimes. Honestly, it works in the situations that you use them in. You make it work. I also love how you handled Dean and the town's reaction to what they thought had happened with Jess & Rory, even though everybody was wrong and there had been no sex at all. No OOC-ness anywhere that I could see, even though at the time you seemed to be worried about that.

Bringing Lorelai & Luke together this early was something I hadn't expected, and yet when it happened I was practically giddy. You would think that's make the Rory & Jess situation worse and yet, nope, it all worked out. Excellent job on that.

All the misunderstandings! Jess thinking Rory was with Dean again after Dean though she had slept with Jess. I love a little teen angst, and you're writing makes it all the better. It seems from your A/Ns that you had no confidence in your abilities back then, but I promise you, it's all so great. You have a real knack for the voices, honestly :)

Your version of the trip to New York? Wonderful. Once again, didn't think you could improve on an episode I love so much, but look at that, you did it. Beautiful and wonderful. (Is my over-the-top-ness embarrassing you yet? I apologise if it is, but I always get so excited about really good fanfic, and yours is just really, really good!)

The wedding stuff was very good too, even if I was sorry to see Rory leave right when things were so good with her and Jess. The Epilogue was worth it though. Good job with all the little emails and phone calls, and lovely reunion in the end on the bridge with the reading and the kissage *sigh* Beautiful.

So going to be reading this again sometime, no doubt.

Ultra
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
I fail to understand how Taylor could possibly justify straight-up asking about Rory's personal (PERSONAL) life. . . If someone who wasn't a best friend or immediate family member did that to me, I'd be offended, and definitely wouldn't answer him like Rory and Jess did.
Rosaroma chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This chapter makes me laugh so much.

Such a simple change having Paris leave sooner and Dean arrive sooner. And yet it makes it all brilliant :D
Maiqu20 chapter 10 . 1/22/2011
loved it! Amazing story
Lupa Dracolis chapter 10 . 1/16/2011
Ho.
freak-4-God chapter 7 . 1/13/2011
REDVINES! What the hell can't they do?
woahitsalice chapter 10 . 12/28/2010
That was an awesome ending and I read it all in one go just had to wait for the epilogue! But i did really enjoy the story I thought it was reality good and ure a really good writer. You got Rory and Jess down to a tee they are as they would be in the show. I'm just sad they didn't end up together in season 7 they obviously love each other and should be together no matter what. Rory should have never been with Logan is should have always been Jess, it should have been him that asked her to marry him in the last episode and it should have always been him. If there was more of Gilmore girls I think that somehow they would find each other again and be married and have a family. Gilmore girls was never the same for me when Jess was out of the equation. Dean was never right for her, sure he loved her and for a while I think Rory did too but they were just not meant to be.

RORY AND JESS FOREVER!
LiteratiLady chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
Awesome epilogue! It was really cute with Rory and Jess. Kind of sad that this story is over now. It's briliant! Looking forward to see what other stories you plan on writing. :)

Merry Christmas!
Jeremy Shane chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
Good Chapter & More Please
Litfreek98 chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
Ever sense I found this story two years ago I have loved reading it. I was so excited when I saw the alert for it in my inbox this morning. Although I'm kind of sad that it's over, the last chapter is a great christmas present.
Eupa chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
xD Just as awesome as expected. BLOB BLOB BLOB.

Fantastic dialogue, loved the emails (don't you dare imply they are anything less than awesome) and KIRK was, of course, phenomenal. Got to love Kirk.

"I'll make up a scenario in which this town would actually be endurable. Taylor has now given up his pathetic reign over the town, and has moved to Alaska where his beard will no longer be mocked because of it's insulation in the cold weather. Kirk's mother has discovered his Vanilla Ice CDs and has grounded him indefinitely. Babette has lost her voice permanently. Miss Patty has finally come out of the closet after years of over-compensation and so now the male species are safe to roam the streets of Stars Hollow once again." Favourite line. Bloody brilliant!

Haha, and Paris was freaking hilarious. I feel sorry for those poor senators. Especially those that linger in bathrooms.

Write more. I know you will.
watram chapter 10 . 12/24/2010
My first Christmas present! :D Yay! This was so, so brilliant! I couldn't get the grin off my face. I loved how they kept making fun of Paris, and she was, as a matter of fact, hilarious in this.

"I saw Farmer John waiting for you like a golden retriever outside Chilton at the end of every after-school Franklin meeting to whisk you away to an afternoon of Jolly Green romance. I picture romantic picnics of leftover stock acquired through his coveted position as bag boy." Possibly the best line ever, even if it has to do with Dean.

I liked the different forms of communication (and I've never seen Luke's computer, but that's how I imagine it, too, LOL at the whole thing).

The ending with pathetic Jess? SO CUTE.

I love this story so much. I hate to see it end, but thanks for bringing it to this point. And re-reading the whole thing is on my Christmas season to-do list.

Yay you!
Rue Mo chapter 10 . 12/23/2010
ahhh that was so GREAT! it wasn't boring at all! you did an awesome job on writing the dialogue. I can't express it clearer I can express your talents but its more visual and gibberish words that I use, POINT IS: this is awesome and your are far more better awesome for being the writer behind it.

Merry Christmas!
Unlucky Diamond chapter 9 . 11/13/2010
This is really great. Please update soon.
Maiqu20 chapter 9 . 11/10/2010