Reviews for Caliber
msdarque chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I truly enjoyed reading the 1st chapter.

It's different, intriguing, and truly fascinating.

Cannot wait to read more.

Congrats and lots of stars!
Running Deer chapter 13 . 1/6/2010
I have spent the last three days reading through this story, in between other of life's activities. What can I say ... it has really caught my attention an appoocofic - it brings back memories of movies I saw like when different countries bombed each other with nukes and how the people clawed out a living. But here it is not nukes its Wraith who have carried their gluttony to extremes, not managing their resources well. I was a bit confused by the "Skrae" but now understand what they are. Poor John, loosing his leg, but I figured after the injury he had, his leg would've gone gangrenous. Todd is an interesting character in this story, just wondering how is he going to turn things around, when he talked about black holes etc, I was just wondering whether you were hinting at ... well I will just have to wait, for upcoming chapters. You have portrayed the wraith here as being the ultimate predator - like the locusts, they come and take all and leave nothing behind. In your descriptions it reminded me of soldier ants or locusts, so very alien.

I look forward to your next chapter and what is going to happen.
Endgame65 chapter 13 . 1/4/2010
Good chapter. It bothers me we don't get to see Sheppard in action, kinda hard, but, still. I guess Kylie may try to save Ronon, but I there's nothing Sheppard can do now, which I'm sure will come into play.
BeeTech chapter 13 . 1/3/2010
I love just about everything about this story. Thanks so much.
Silverthreads chapter 13 . 1/3/2010
Oh no! What a cliffhanger!
rawa chapter 13 . 1/3/2010
G.E Waldo chapter 13 . 1/3/2010
Loved this from the beginning. Still do.
jodz92 chapter 12 . 9/4/2009
Good chapter! Well done.
StargateInMay chapter 12 . 9/2/2009
Reread again and stuff keeps popping out. Again, the story idea is very interesting and the writing is technically strong. But I'm having a hard time feeling favorable because nearly all the characters seem unreasonable. I'm not sure if that's your intent or not.

Is Willem suppose to be a bit cowardly with a false sense of heroism? He comes off like that when we get his inner thoughts and decision to wait (?) then later save his partner in the morning. And I'm shocked that she got taken out by one of McKay's people after how the previous chapters hyped them to be equated with Ronon's physical prowess. And why all the drama of Kylie taking Sheppard and the animosity if Klutch is an ally?

I think Klutch intrigues and is one of the positive parts of your story. But I'm not liking the unattractiveness that it brings out in everyone else when they start thinking about their perceptions on masculinity/feminity.
StargateInMay chapter 12 . 9/1/2009
Forgot something: Why are Sheppard and Ronon so obstinate towards the idea that people can be tortured into being Wraith servants? It's not a far-fetched idea. It's another detail that makes them appear unreasonable and therefore unsympathetic. In turn, it makes me really sympathetic towards Klutch.
StargateInMay chapter 12 . 9/1/2009
This is an interesting premise and well-written. I haven't left you a review until now because the characters keep repulsing me with their attitudes. I'm having a hard time caring about them because they're so judgemental and harsh to each other. And I totally get that the humans don't care about Todd and it's probable that he's the reason Earth got culled. But that McKay and Ronon let him be tortured, to not even care, well, they just lost me. Justified or not, *they're* being cruel. They sunk too low. I'm a little bit confused that Todd (especially since Earth was culled), and now Klutch, are the most likeable characters. I'm actually rooting for him. I'm wondering if this is intentional?

Though I am curious if Todd is like Klutch.

Something I want to comment on...

A small, hard nub of a bone like material skims beneath his fingers, an entirely unexpected sensation from a creature as delicate and feminine as Klutch. It is a feature that does not belong on any human female.

I'm a little bothered that you wrote that this feature doesn't belong on any human female. And if a woman has it, then they're not a woman. Sheppard is making a huge generalization that's bordering on offensive. Lots of women have an adam's apple. Some are as apparent as men and some aren't. And delicate women also have them because the voicebox has to have cartilage to surround it. Some people even get surgery to remove it.

Oh, and the people at Foothold can get culled for what they did to Kylie. First for their cruelty, and second for their stupidity. They should have considered that McKay may want to interrogate her or need her for something.
Endgame65 chapter 12 . 9/1/2009
It's the end of the world and everything's shot to hell. I kinda figured the Klutch thing. The guys at Foothold not liking Kylie, sure, but that was cruel. keep up the good work and update soon, hopefully with a little more Sheppard this time.
Isolde Jansma chapter 12 . 9/1/2009
Splendid as usual, and though I knew Klutch had to be transgender I dd not see the skrae coming, not for her or for McKay, though that is logical as he is pretty damn smart.

Have I mentioned how much I love this? Damn fine work. :)
Amandasnow chapter 11 . 7/21/2009

This is a magnificent story, but a mammoth enterprise. The story is so large I can't imagine it ending in less than a full book length size. Your characters are strange and yet true and the original characterizations are different than they were yet also cannon. I really want to know what is going to happen in this bleak world. Can John and Ronon and Rodney (and Todd) somehow defeat these wraith who have destroyed our world? Does Todd really know a way? Will he survive to do it?

Please continue this story to it's conclusion. There are many people waiting to see what happens.
elendryst chapter 11 . 7/15/2009