Reviews for Caliber
Meloku chapter 10 . 5/7/2009
Please keep going with this story!

I love the gritty realism of your style. You have a knack for bringing the environment to life around the characters, which is something many writers lack or don't bother with. I'm really interested in seeing how the relationship between Todd and Sheppard develops, and how the recent events will effect Sheppard's bonds with Rodney and Ronan.

Kudos for doing a good job at writing realistic wraith! They can be hard to keep in character.
G.E Waldo chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Wow. What sheer delight to find this caliber of prose! A find few and far between the ordinary fare one sees in most examples of fanfiction writing.

There are very good writers out there, present company among them.

And some okay to very awful ones. (Though thumbs up to all who bite the bullet and try anyway).

I have just recently become a fan of Stargate Atlantis (weirdly - since it has now ended), and thus far find it the most captivating of the Stargate series.

Rodney, my favorite character, particularly draws me to the show. I love that actor - he brought a man who at first seemed to be written as the local Canadian braniac buffon (the comic relief) to a whole other level of appreciation.

Finally, a fictional character portrayed as a Canadian who is as multi-levelled, intelligent, flawed (much like the acotr himself), and as whole a human being as any other - and not just the dismissable quiet guy who says "eh" a lot. Kudos to David Hewlett!

I plan to read more of your stories when time permits (I'm in school full time right now, working part time and working on my own fanfiction plus other projects)

Thanks for your marvelous story-telling!
Reagan chapter 10 . 3/9/2009
What the heck? You've totally turned this story on it's head. I really didn't expect anything like this. I mean really WTF?

What's our purpose or aim for these groups now? Doesn't Todd realize that Sheppard was dying and he didn't know how to fix him?
CanadianHalliwell chapter 10 . 3/4/2009
When I first started reading this story, I found it very dark, but I guess that having the Wraith take over Earth, that would be the case, but I can't stop myself from continuing to read!
Alys5 chapter 10 . 3/3/2009
Dark, dark story but very different which I like. I definatly want to know where this is going.
Watch Stander chapter 10 . 3/3/2009
Such a compelling story, so much sadness and hurt. Rodney and Sheppard at odds, now John without a leg. What will he do to has to hope that the three team mates survive this all.

Great story, I'm hoping for a happy ending, but them I'm sappy. Eager to read more and you deserve a lot more reviews on how good this is. Rodney Au stories are so rare and this is so well written.

WS
EbonyDraygon chapter 10 . 3/3/2009
Todd lives! But poor Sheppard! Hope he gets better soon. Egaer for the next instalment!
LilaGrace chapter 10 . 3/2/2009
As horrible as Sheppard losing his leg was, I was really saddened by the death of the poor horses! This takes the story in a direction I totally didn't see coming. And what the hell IS Klutch?

Looking forward to more but yay, snow day in the meantime :-)
Endgame65 chapter 10 . 3/2/2009
I don't get why McKay's acting so cruel, or what happened with Klutch. Things are confusing right now, but man do I feel sorry for Sheppard. I imagine when he wakes up things will be very dramatic. Keep up the great writing, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Isolde Jansma chapter 9 . 2/21/2009
So bleak, bitter and despairing, I can only bow to your skill as a writer. I am humbled by your talent. A remarkable achievement.
EbonyDraygon chapter 9 . 2/16/2009
Ouch! Poor Sheppard! What a cliffhanger, where can you possibly go from there? Hope to find out soon!
Reagan chapter 9 . 2/15/2009
That, you...jesus. I don't know if I want to read more. The obvious answer is Todd. Find someone for Todd to feed on and then heal Sheppard. Oh well, we'll have to see where you go from here but man, i don't know.
LilaGrace chapter 9 . 2/15/2009
Oh god, I actually feel sick at the, er, cutting, descriptions. I'm sure that's a testament to your writing but oh I wish that hadn't had to happen!
Endgame65 chapter 9 . 2/15/2009
...ouch. That's gotta hurt. Ronon and Kylie aren't gonna be happy about this.
LilaGrace chapter 8 . 2/12/2009
Loved this chapter. So much happened! The backstory on the Skrae was fascinating and I'm enjoying Kylie's character. You also have me feeling strangely sorry for Todd as he sits and reminisces on the good old days.

I'm really looking forward to finding out more about Klutch and Sheppard's poor leg.

Thanks for updating so frequently and I hope your eye feels better soon!
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »