Reviews for Ginny Returns
MMax chapter 17 . 9/8/2014
i kept hoping who Hermione was going to marry. I almost was guessing that it was going to be Neville Longbottom since he and Hermione was leaving the Tri Tournament together and was on the train together.
Guess Neville still ended up with Hannah Abbott.
MMax chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
oh, I thought that you might make her into a superGinny of some sort. :)
Terry Kepner chapter 17 . 7/2/2014
Good story. A different approach.
talimenios791 chapter 17 . 6/30/2014
This was awesome. I loved it.
Noble Korhedron chapter 11 . 4/7/2014
Hmm, I like your changes to Sirius, and couldn't stop laughing when Ginny bat-bogied him! Frankyly, he deserved it I.M.O.
Noble Korhedron chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
L.O.L! Yeah, that would've been better! Then they could've got rid of the fool! :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 6 . 4/6/2014
Hmmm, interesting. Now I really need to go to bed. It's 03:46. I'll finish this tomorrow. :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 3 . 4/6/2014
HOLY SHIT! DID SHE JUST WIPE SNAPE'S MEMORY?! GO GINNY! :-D
at-nightfall chapter 16 . 1/21/2014
In the scene in the arena Ginny and Harry play the rude American relatives.
Their behavior waves a very red flag, directly towards a big social problem during WW2, which was thoroughly investigated.
During WW2 a lot of US soldiers were stationed in the UK. A lot of British soldiers were away from home. Leaving a lot of US young men and a lot of British young women only with each other as possible dates.
- The US soldiers complained you couldn't have fun, or just go dancing with British girls. They were either frigid or easy, but never fun. It was either all or nothing with the girls.
- The British women complained you couldn't have fun, or just go dancing with US guys. The guys always insisted on all or nothing.
There were lots of complaints and more pregnancies usual in war conditions. The British and the US staff put together an investigation and interviewed lots of men and women. The result was:
- For the US men getting into a relationship with a girl meant lots of kissing early on, even when in public, even when not very serious.
- For the British women kissing a guy in public was the last thing before sex. For a woman kissing a guy in public might very well mean loosing her reputation, so why wait with sex after that.
Looking each other into the eyes during a slow walz is bad form. One nice thing about a walz is that you have your mouth near your partners ear, and you can easily talk with each other.
at-nightfall chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Your initial setup can be played out to a very different story, which can go very dark or alternatively even go comedy:
- no information about time travel (further than a day) in any form can be found, and Hermione and Ginny have to accept to live with what they have.
- They look for house elves to find a companion for Winky. (It can take a long time.)
- In parallel they at least partially move into non magic society. Hermione has her medical history there, some school history and her papers.
- Getting Ginny into non magic society will be difficult and time consuming. Perhaps some squibs will help. Perhaps Ginny has to register as an illegal immigrant, or the child of an illegal immigrant; who has been home schooled all her live.
- Hermione tries to learn to move parts of her body by magic. This is going slow, takes a long time, only allows her to move her arms, hands and fingers and does not allow her to do any other magic in parallel. It does give her more options in non magic society.
- Hermione and Ginny decide to repopulate the British magic world. They slow down their menses to four times a year, to be able to have children into their 80es.
Now there are two options:
a) There has been a sperm bank in the magic world where the vaults survived the war, or muggle borns and half bloods stored sperm in a muggle sperm bank with papers which allow Hermione and Ginny access.
I would not assume either any or much ova being available that way, the procedure to acquire ova from a woman is nasty.
b) After Ginny has papers in the normal world, Hermione and Ginny travel through the world and locally cross over to various magical communities to acquire suitable fathers for their children. This will work for Ginny, but is very difficult for Hermione being a quadriplegic. The necessary contracts are interesting.
c) Both, a) b).
Hermione and Ginny each have a child every three years on average, up to twenty each. No two children have the same parents.
House elves should be found slowly, so they are always in limited supply. The children have to help when they are capable.
The children are send to different magical schools all over the world.
optionally:
Hermione may recover some use of her arms after twenty yeas as a quadriplegic. Enough to handle a wand. This enables her to do very difficult and powerful magic; but leaves her completely helpless while doing magic and for her recovery period.
Lazov chapter 16 . 1/2/2014
What? Lily and James were best friends? How? When? Didn't they become friendly, at least on Lily's part, towards each other only in their final year?
Nova chapter 17 . 11/18/2013
Very much enjoyed this
butterflyrain23 chapter 17 . 11/12/2013
I found this by complete accident and it has taken me a day or so to read it. I have read many Harry goes back to fix the past stories and when I saw this one I could not resist clicking on it. Ginny and Harry were always my favorite pairing and I had always wished there would have been more moments with them in the actual series. So I will say I am so glad I came across this story as I really did love it!
X-elemental chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
Reading through this chapter...

'lose her virginity to him again'

Wait, I don't think she can do that. Not after what happened in past life.

'Lusting after a twelve year old boy who was about nine years younger than she was?'

I can confirm that twelve-year old boys would very much like that.

'not do more than hug him or kiss him on the cheek until the Yule Ball, unless he initiated it. The last step where they became one again would have to wait until he was at least seventeen. She did not dare consider the idea that he would not choose her; that would have been heart-rending.'

Two things spring to mind. First is "There's no way she can do that if she thinks about forcing herself on Harry now." And second is this short story:

"So, Harry, what do you think of Ginny?" asked Dean as they were sitting in the common room.

"Eh, I don't like her much. I used to date her briefly, but she flirts with me all the time yet is complete prude when it comes to actions. I wish for people to be open and honest with me, especially after I only learned that I was a wizard when Hogwarts sent Hagrid after me to ask for a reply for a letter."

" Guess I better go seek someone else," winced Dean. "Which girls do you like then?"

"You were asking about that? Hah, part of the reason we parted because she is Weasley's sister - not worth it, let me tell you. In any case, I'm not sure - maybe Hannah or Susan? What about you, Dean?"

"Well, I know to not date Ginny now." said Dean as they shared a mutual wince. "But in that case, probably Lavender, I like active girls as well. But you didn't say anything about Hermione?"

"She...I like her somewhat, and she is my friend - but she has hidden huge things and followed rules over me in the past. You're free to give it a go at her, if you want though."

'Harry had never been able to resist the allure of her long red mane.'

That was fast!

Anyway, the scene after that...There's no way Ron would just shut up after being insulted in reply to a question by her little sister in front of his friend he knows she has a crush on. That's..very OoC. Ron is possessive of what he perceives as his, not one for tact to hold himself back when insulted and has dealt with dealing payback back and forth with, say, Fred and George for most of his life.

'She hoped she had not started them off on a bad footing.'

Haha. She is so hilariously bad, even crushing, horny ten-year olds have more tact.

How to become Harry's friend in 4 simple steps:
1. Swim under his side and be ready to take care of his troubles he can very simply do by himself. (adding insult to the injury of his being able to take care of himself)
2. Insult his best friend to his face, repeatedly, while also lashing out verbally at the ones who try to calm her down.
3. ?
4. Profit.

Tch.

When you pair someone vastly older and more experienced with someone who is ...not, the point is well, that, the older side is actually more mature. Well, otherwise you just run into the 'older pedophilic partner takes advantage of the youth just for her own benefit' which is not necessarily bad as a story device, just not what I think this is about, as you proclaimed against "stalker Ginny" in your profile.

'No, money was not a problem last time, and it would not be a problem this time either, assuming her plan worked.'

...It is however flowing very well for that sort of story.

All this leads up is that there doesn't seem to be a reason for Harry to agree. Malfoy got told to his face that Harry can make his own choices, and while he may cut Ginny some slack here, she definitely appears hostile. Harry may want friends, but he wants to protect his current ones more, or he wouldn't have replied to Malfoy like that.

'she Apparated to her father's shed and found some small pieces of metal about the size she needed.'

Tsk. Add 'slow learner' to her faults.

In conclusion: people are OoC, that's not a good start but setting for disaster with Ginny trying to alienate half her brothers from Harry in front of him, she's somehow now superior to Dumbledore in magical ability or willpower, she has some understanding of 'moral's but follows them only robotically, unseeing the point and somehow, she's deadly reckless and people obey her without her legilimizing them.

Now, some of these are acceptable, but even villains are bound by cause and effect. (Being considered grey when light considers love potions acceptable to get a husband(Weasley family) ...does make her a villain)
X-elemental chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
This premise...

Rests on the facts like Voldemort wouldn't read a book in the Malfoy family library on soul magic and use this ritual to, oh say, go back before 1981 - maybe in two separate trips if needed, but probably not even needed as well, magic, more time (Seriously, why kill Hermione instead of taking longer to make the potion? Why would Hermione agree on something that shouldn't work due plothole outside parentheses?) and lots of servants to choose from. And he could send a servant back instead if he wasn't sure.
812 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »