Reviews for Ginny Returns
X-elemental chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
Reading through this chapter...

'lose her virginity to him again'

Wait, I don't think she can do that. Not after what happened in past life.

'Lusting after a twelve year old boy who was about nine years younger than she was?'

I can confirm that twelve-year old boys would very much like that.

'not do more than hug him or kiss him on the cheek until the Yule Ball, unless he initiated it. The last step where they became one again would have to wait until he was at least seventeen. She did not dare consider the idea that he would not choose her; that would have been heart-rending.'

Two things spring to mind. First is "There's no way she can do that if she thinks about forcing herself on Harry now." And second is this short story:

"So, Harry, what do you think of Ginny?" asked Dean as they were sitting in the common room.

"Eh, I don't like her much. I used to date her briefly, but she flirts with me all the time yet is complete prude when it comes to actions. I wish for people to be open and honest with me, especially after I only learned that I was a wizard when Hogwarts sent Hagrid after me to ask for a reply for a letter."

" Guess I better go seek someone else," winced Dean. "Which girls do you like then?"

"You were asking about that? Hah, part of the reason we parted because she is Weasley's sister - not worth it, let me tell you. In any case, I'm not sure - maybe Hannah or Susan? What about you, Dean?"

"Well, I know to not date Ginny now." said Dean as they shared a mutual wince. "But in that case, probably Lavender, I like active girls as well. But you didn't say anything about Hermione?"

"She...I like her somewhat, and she is my friend - but she has hidden huge things and followed rules over me in the past. You're free to give it a go at her, if you want though."

'Harry had never been able to resist the allure of her long red mane.'

That was fast!

Anyway, the scene after that...There's no way Ron would just shut up after being insulted in reply to a question by her little sister in front of his friend he knows she has a crush on. That's..very OoC. Ron is possessive of what he perceives as his, not one for tact to hold himself back when insulted and has dealt with dealing payback back and forth with, say, Fred and George for most of his life.

'She hoped she had not started them off on a bad footing.'

Haha. She is so hilariously bad, even crushing, horny ten-year olds have more tact.

How to become Harry's friend in 4 simple steps:
1. Swim under his side and be ready to take care of his troubles he can very simply do by himself. (adding insult to the injury of his being able to take care of himself)
2. Insult his best friend to his face, repeatedly, while also lashing out verbally at the ones who try to calm her down.
3. ?
4. Profit.

Tch.

When you pair someone vastly older and more experienced with someone who is ...not, the point is well, that, the older side is actually more mature. Well, otherwise you just run into the 'older pedophilic partner takes advantage of the youth just for her own benefit' which is not necessarily bad as a story device, just not what I think this is about, as you proclaimed against "stalker Ginny" in your profile.

'No, money was not a problem last time, and it would not be a problem this time either, assuming her plan worked.'

...It is however flowing very well for that sort of story.

All this leads up is that there doesn't seem to be a reason for Harry to agree. Malfoy got told to his face that Harry can make his own choices, and while he may cut Ginny some slack here, she definitely appears hostile. Harry may want friends, but he wants to protect his current ones more, or he wouldn't have replied to Malfoy like that.

'she Apparated to her father's shed and found some small pieces of metal about the size she needed.'

Tsk. Add 'slow learner' to her faults.

In conclusion: people are OoC, that's not a good start but setting for disaster with Ginny trying to alienate half her brothers from Harry in front of him, she's somehow now superior to Dumbledore in magical ability or willpower, she has some understanding of 'moral's but follows them only robotically, unseeing the point and somehow, she's deadly reckless and people obey her without her legilimizing them.

Now, some of these are acceptable, but even villains are bound by cause and effect. (Being considered grey when light considers love potions acceptable to get a husband(Weasley family) ...does make her a villain)
X-elemental chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
This premise...

Rests on the facts like Voldemort wouldn't read a book in the Malfoy family library on soul magic and use this ritual to, oh say, go back before 1981 - maybe in two separate trips if needed, but probably not even needed as well, magic, more time (Seriously, why kill Hermione instead of taking longer to make the potion? Why would Hermione agree on something that shouldn't work due plothole outside parentheses?) and lots of servants to choose from. And he could send a servant back instead if he wasn't sure.
littledozziebug chapter 17 . 10/25/2013
I liked that so much. I think you told the story very well and avoided the cheesiness that can sometimes go with time travel fics. Thanks for sharing.
Selande chapter 17 . 10/24/2013
Truly enjoyed this story! First one I read of just Ginny going back and I loved what she did, even her mistakes as it definitely made it feel more realistic. Going to go read your other stories now as I really enjoyed your writing style. Awesome job!
Engrprince chapter 17 . 10/6/2013
Great story other than the despicable way Ginny stole the HG from Hermione. Afte all her sacrifice Ginny steals her dream,. Overall that is a minor thing and I enjoyed your story. Thanks
Engrprince chapter 15 . 10/6/2013
Great chapter. I also like your secondary characters. Molly is great. All except Hermione, in this fic other than the first chapter she is shallow and two dimenional. Too Bad
Engrprince chapter 9 . 10/5/2013
The one thing I do not like about this story is the lack of depth of Hermione and the limited interaction. She gave here life for Ginny to be here and Ginny seems to throw her away.
Engrprince chapter 8 . 10/5/2013
I am not usually a fan of Ginny, but you have done such an excellent job with this character (like you have in your other stories). It is very impressive.
Engrprince chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
I always love your Ginny. You are one of the few who develop her. Great Job
Epeefencer chapter 17 . 10/1/2013
Wonderful story. I loved the idea of using Ginny as you did. I'm not usually a fan of time travel stories, but I found this one to be the exception to that rule.
Noble Korhedron chapter 17 . 9/30/2013
Nice ending. :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
Merlin's beard, Ron in being SUCH. AN. ASS! :-(
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2013
This version of Ginny, while strong, was not impulsive. I think this was a fascinating twist on the re-do story, but definitely empathized with Harry about the difficulties in accepting Ginny once the truth is known. Even when she claims no pressure - and that the choice is his - it's rather overwhelming that someone would do what she's done for him. It was very realistic that he took time to evaluate it, and I thought that was very well written. The fact that permutations arise from her actions that she wasn't expecting was also well dealt with.

Thanks for posting a great story.
Nytefyre chapter 17 . 9/23/2013
The twist with Ginny being the one going backwards in time is novel and the execution of it was really well-done. I agree with Harry about the stalkerish nature though, and the difficulty with coming to grips with it. Even if Ginny wants there to be a choice on Harry's part, the pressure still exists. Very well written and handled, though.

Thanks for posting.
FemmeFerret chapter 17 . 8/17/2013
This was very nice. I'm not normally a Harry/Ginny fan, but it was recced to me and I'm glad I took the time to read it. You're right, there aren't many "Ginny goes back" fics, and you came up with a good, well written plot. Thanks :)
814 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »