Reviews for Ginny Returns
Endgames chapter 17 . 6/21/2013
This really was a wonderful story. Unlike a lot of somewhat random and odd challenges put out there, I think that your challenges to yourself really benefited this story. I liked seeing it through Ginny's eyes (so few stories tell from her perspective), and your reformed Snape was probably one of the more believable ones I've read so far.

You did point out at one point that Ginny isn't much of a thinker in terms of long-term details, but I felt that her initial plan for getting rid of the horcrux in Harry was so glaringly, obviously dumb that even she should have seen it. Her family had to win the Galleon Draw to get their picture in the paper, the paper had to get to Azkaban and in Sirius' hands, Sirius had to recognize Pettigrew and break out successfully - all just to get access to a dementor. It seems like she would have an easier time trying to get access to one somewhere else (even making her own trip to Azkaban). Anyway, I'm sure you've heard enough about that. I'm glad she didn't have to fully follow through on her plan before the mistake was realized, I just think that it should have been sooner.

The one other bone to pick with the story is that I feel like Ginny should have done a lot more for Hermione. She owed her for the entire trip, her "future" with Harry, and the sacrifice of her own life at Ginny's insistence. While I recognize that "tough love" is sometimes what Hermione needed to get her head out of her arse, I would have like to see Ginny having more positive scenes with Hermione (although from their friendship, I can infer that there were plenty that just weren't shown). I also think it would have been nice if she had told Hermione about the time travel, and her sacrifice, but that does carry the danger of informing more people about the possibility.

All in all, I enjoyed the story a great deal. It's not often that I like a Harry/Ginny pairing (they all feel so contrived), but this one seemed to flow naturally. I like Harry's more mature attitude and his actions when he calls Ginny on her manipulations/withholding information. It's a realistic reaction, and shows that not all is perfect in Ginny-land, despite her advantages. Thanks for writing, and keep going with the great stories!
PSay chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
I have been going over your stories and I am copying them onto my laptop. I have most of them printed out but I like to read them on my kindle. I love this story. The emotions and the progression of the story has been excellent. I especially love the way you developed Harry's character. For two preteens to communicate so well even after Harry learned that Ginny had the mind, magic and memories of a 21 year old woman was very well done. I love how romantic he is with Ginny. Finding out he was to be a father was really good. Thanks for writing. I look forward to getting acquainted with more of your stories. pms
Zabyne chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
Amazing story. I usually don't enjoy non Harry-centric stories, bit this is one of three I have enjoyed, considering I've read almost all non-slash fics over 100k, that is saying something. I, personally, enjoy how you focus on the characters and not the action. Much like accidental bonds, the voldemort plot was side lined and not a huge part of the story, thank you for that. I would love to see you write a Harry/Hermione only story, as I always enjoy how you portray her honestly and openly, faults and all. Hope to see more from you soon.
sherryola chapter 17 . 5/26/2013
I really enjoyed this. Such a nice twist on the redo story, and I never get enough redo stories. I was pretty stressed about sirius int he beginning, but you handled that beautifully. He's my favorite adult character. My only problem was Ron. I like Ron overall in canon, and I think he actually is good for Hermione, because he lightens her more sober and serious personality. But that is only a minor not happy in the story, because overall, I loved it.
mainstreet52 chapter 17 . 5/9/2013
A perspective that I don't see often. I like this. :)
Alexandra-loves-Edward chapter 17 . 4/30/2013
I loved reading this story! I've enjoyed all of your stories that I've read so far, but I think this is my favorite bc it had a different flavor than the other HP stories...probably bc of what you mentioned in your last author's note. It's from Ginny's perspective. Thank you so much for sharing, and I can't wait to read the rest of your work :-)
Guest chapter 2 . 4/18/2013
"It's guaranteed to stop mind attacks." - oh, no next story with ridiculously overpowered items.
LBII chapter 17 . 4/6/2013
Very enjoyable! I have passed over this story time and again. I am not perfect. I screwed up as this is the best non-Harry POV I have read. Thank you for your time and efforts.
Kaitlin chapter 3 . 4/3/2013
Ginny is hilarious!
ironhair chapter 17 . 3/31/2013
A decent read... Didn't like how certain things panned out, but that is the risk of fan fiction reading.
Thank you and wolf scream for sharing this fic.
bobbo chapter 9 . 3/27/2013
With Ginny not giving Malfoy the rope he needs to hang himself, she's just as bad as he is.
bobbo chapter 7 . 3/27/2013
The idea about allumni blacklisting Snape is actually a good idea, though i'm not sure if ten years of teaching would be enough to reach that many people. It might though. Also, good job writing a good Dumbledore. So few people make the effort.
Gateman chapter 9 . 3/27/2013
I suppose you're not one of the 90%. Still, it means you've since improved.
ironhair chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Reading
allanreimer chapter 17 . 3/17/2013
Thank you so very much for writing such a well told tale. In addition, you should know that you are the first I've seen to use "piqued" correctly instead of "peaked."
793 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »