Reviews for Ginny Returns
bigmac2759 chapter 17 . 3/12/2016
Thank you for great story.
MusicalMythology chapter 17 . 12/24/2015
I really enjoyed reading this story. Time travel fanfictions are some of my favourites but it's usually Harry that gets sent back in time. Since I like Ginny's character - her proper character, not some jealous, love-potion-using stalker that she's sometimes made out to be - this was very interesting to read. I liked how you portrayed her and worked through some of the general problems that come with time travel. Overall, I thank you for taking the time to write and publish this story.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 17 . 12/12/2015
ver well done. It was well thought out, and the romance was developed in a very realistic way.
Shalk Zailackar chapter 16 . 11/18/2015
Thanks for the excellent story! It had many parts of the story I really liked and was very enjoyable to read.
Gin110881 chapter 17 . 10/5/2015
Ginny is my favourite character, and the only reason I read fanfiction. A story with a Ginny POV therefore is a must-read for me.
I like Ginny's strategy to destroy the Horcruxes earlier and to prevent Voldemort's rebirth. On the other hand, sometimes I had the feeling that Ginny is a little bit too prepossessing and Harry is therefore too passive, which later indeed falls back on her.
Should she have told Harry straight away that they were married in the old timeline? Probably, that would have been a bit too much for a 12-year-old Harry. Though Harry seemed to be very grown up for a 12-year-old. I fear that there is no proper answer to this problem. I think it was the hardest time for Ginny in this story (1st chapter excluded) … waiting on Harry. I often though by myself “5 Knuts for Harry’s thoughts” … but it is a Ginny POV, why should the reader be wiser as Ginny...

The changes in the time lines have influence the personalities of both, Ginny and Harry, essentially. For the better? I dunno. You’ve already described the changes of the ‘new’ Harry. But I think that Ginny has also changed, in particular during her waiting time. She seems to be more subdued now.
I was curious all the time, when the two of them inaugurate Dumbledore that they know about the prophecy and that the Horcruxes are destroyed (without explaining how they know about those things). I would have liked to see Dumbledore's face when he had heard the keyword Horcrux out of Ginny's or Harry's mouth, lol.
Then there was the matter I was already wondering about in many stories before. Is "No sex before marriage and the first child was born" (OK, it's exaggerated) really an ancient tradition of the wizarding world, or just a message of the author. OK, Ok, I grand you that this issue is much more stressed in other stories. But I'm wondering every time, lol.

Enough ramblings. Otherwise you will think that I did not like the story. The opposite is true. It is already on my favourites list.
A big THANK YOU for sharing this story.
MarilynT chapter 17 . 9/24/2015
i have no excuse or reason as to why I have not read this story before. I just finished it. This was one of the best time travel and unique stores. Thank you for writing
katmom chapter 17 . 9/10/2015
This was a truly enjoyable read. Thank you very much for sharing your vision with us. So glad you have many more stories for me to read!

Kathie
TsukiRoze chapter 3 . 8/31/2015
I don't think the vanishing cabinet was in the Room of Requirement at the beginning of second year. I'm pretty sure Peeves breaks it sometime before Halloween; if you'll recall Harry was caught tracking in mud and taken to Filch's office, then Peeves breaks something and Filch rushes off to confront him, when Harry finally leaves he talks to Sir Nicolas and finds out he convinced Peeves to provide a distraction and a thankful Harry agrees to go to his Deathday party. Furthermore, I'm fairly certain it was still in the castle proper during fifth year; it's mentioned that the twins shoved a Slytherin in a cabinet and he was later found in the pipes or something like that, I don't remember all the details- but I do remember that in his gloating while he had Dumbledore at wand point Malfoy mentions how the other Slytherin talked about hearing things that were happening at Borgin and Burkes. So, the point of this long review is to say that the cabinet should not only be functional it shouldn't be in the Room of Requirement at all...
TsukiRoze chapter 1 . 8/31/2015
It doesn't say all the blood has to be given at the same time. Couldn't one of them give the blood slowly over a designated time period and keep it under a stasis charm until it's ready to be used?
mysinger chapter 17 . 7/14/2015
This story is indescribably good. I can't believe it took me so long to finally read it. I'm not generally a fan of time-travel stories, but yours is so original and well written that it kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I liked how you made Ginny such a strong character without stopping Harry from being very much his own person. Well done and thank you.
teedub chapter 4 . 5/31/2015
I get the impression that Harry is not going to be the same Harry that Ginny misses and wants back.
Lliono chapter 17 . 5/24/2015
Ok, i pretty much loved your story. I simply adore realistic character development, and you have made it an artform.

I will definitely check out your other fictions :)
Poet Wroet chapter 17 . 4/8/2015
One of the things I liked most about this story is the absolute lack of Chekhov's Gun. I really don't like Chekhov's Gun - I much prefer reality.

Thanks for writing this story. It was great.
nanaeleanor chapter 4 . 3/20/2015
Same comments as last time...she's not controlling her behavior enough. Taking a detention rather than causing any risk to her secret would have been more mature. Is this part of her eleven year old self acting her age? Seems so likely that some Slytherins will mention said detention causing Snape to question others and discover he has been the victim of a memory charm. He would NOT let that go. He will be watching her from now on.

Now that some things have been altered, she risks the advantage of foreknowledge being compromised. Therefore I hope she captures Scabbers before he runs off preventing her from freeing Sirius who would be her perfect ally.
nanaeleanor chapter 3 . 3/20/2015
Fun story so far, but an eleven year old Ginny intimidating Draco like that on the train was a bad decision. She should be taking care not to draw any attention to herself by acting unlike her age. The speech afterwards to Harry was likewise unrealistic. Her behavior is bound to make curious observers take notice and act in ways that may alter the timeline.
854 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »