Reviews for Ginny Returns
X chapter 4 . 10/29/2014
Okay, I can understand why Ginny is the focus of the story, but so far she isn't 'helping' him so much as she's *replacing* him. No offers to teach him spells that she's let him know that she knows, etc. I'm starting to get fed up with this story.
Llew Thomas chapter 17 . 10/22/2014
I tend to skip over stories not told from Harry's point of view. I have to say I am very glad I did not skip this one. To be honest I only started reading because I have so enjoyed your other stories that I have read and this on is also a winner. Thanks for the time I spent reading and enjoying this story.
AragornII chapter 17 . 10/22/2014
This is probably the 4th time (at least) that I've read this one...one of your best!

Thanks
james.mattson.7 chapter 17 . 10/15/2014
I simply wish to congratulate you on a superbly written story and wish you luck on all future projects.
Delirious Ambiguity chapter 17 . 9/24/2014
I really like the different take on the whole "person x goes back to time y" story. It's nice to see someone different as the main character for the story. I really liked the Ginny POV you took, it's a very well written story. Congrats!
MMax chapter 17 . 9/8/2014
i kept hoping who Hermione was going to marry. I almost was guessing that it was going to be Neville Longbottom since he and Hermione was leaving the Tri Tournament together and was on the train together.
Guess Neville still ended up with Hannah Abbott.
MMax chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
oh, I thought that you might make her into a superGinny of some sort. :)
Terry Kepner chapter 17 . 7/2/2014
Good story. A different approach.
talimenios791 chapter 17 . 6/30/2014
This was awesome. I loved it.
Noble Korhedron chapter 11 . 4/7/2014
Hmm, I like your changes to Sirius, and couldn't stop laughing when Ginny bat-bogied him! Frankyly, he deserved it I.M.O.
Noble Korhedron chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
L.O.L! Yeah, that would've been better! Then they could've got rid of the fool! :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 6 . 4/6/2014
Hmmm, interesting. Now I really need to go to bed. It's 03:46. I'll finish this tomorrow. :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 3 . 4/6/2014
HOLY SHIT! DID SHE JUST WIPE SNAPE'S MEMORY?! GO GINNY! :-D
at-nightfall chapter 16 . 1/21/2014
In the scene in the arena Ginny and Harry play the rude American relatives.
Their behavior waves a very red flag, directly towards a big social problem during WW2, which was thoroughly investigated.
During WW2 a lot of US soldiers were stationed in the UK. A lot of British soldiers were away from home. Leaving a lot of US young men and a lot of British young women only with each other as possible dates.
- The US soldiers complained you couldn't have fun, or just go dancing with British girls. They were either frigid or easy, but never fun. It was either all or nothing with the girls.
- The British women complained you couldn't have fun, or just go dancing with US guys. The guys always insisted on all or nothing.
There were lots of complaints and more pregnancies usual in war conditions. The British and the US staff put together an investigation and interviewed lots of men and women. The result was:
- For the US men getting into a relationship with a girl meant lots of kissing early on, even when in public, even when not very serious.
- For the British women kissing a guy in public was the last thing before sex. For a woman kissing a guy in public might very well mean loosing her reputation, so why wait with sex after that.
Looking each other into the eyes during a slow walz is bad form. One nice thing about a walz is that you have your mouth near your partners ear, and you can easily talk with each other.
at-nightfall chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Your initial setup can be played out to a very different story, which can go very dark or alternatively even go comedy:
- no information about time travel (further than a day) in any form can be found, and Hermione and Ginny have to accept to live with what they have.
- They look for house elves to find a companion for Winky. (It can take a long time.)
- In parallel they at least partially move into non magic society. Hermione has her medical history there, some school history and her papers.
- Getting Ginny into non magic society will be difficult and time consuming. Perhaps some squibs will help. Perhaps Ginny has to register as an illegal immigrant, or the child of an illegal immigrant; who has been home schooled all her live.
- Hermione tries to learn to move parts of her body by magic. This is going slow, takes a long time, only allows her to move her arms, hands and fingers and does not allow her to do any other magic in parallel. It does give her more options in non magic society.
- Hermione and Ginny decide to repopulate the British magic world. They slow down their menses to four times a year, to be able to have children into their 80es.
Now there are two options:
a) There has been a sperm bank in the magic world where the vaults survived the war, or muggle borns and half bloods stored sperm in a muggle sperm bank with papers which allow Hermione and Ginny access.
I would not assume either any or much ova being available that way, the procedure to acquire ova from a woman is nasty.
b) After Ginny has papers in the normal world, Hermione and Ginny travel through the world and locally cross over to various magical communities to acquire suitable fathers for their children. This will work for Ginny, but is very difficult for Hermione being a quadriplegic. The necessary contracts are interesting.
c) Both, a) b).
Hermione and Ginny each have a child every three years on average, up to twenty each. No two children have the same parents.
House elves should be found slowly, so they are always in limited supply. The children have to help when they are capable.
The children are send to different magical schools all over the world.
optionally:
Hermione may recover some use of her arms after twenty yeas as a quadriplegic. Enough to handle a wand. This enables her to do very difficult and powerful magic; but leaves her completely helpless while doing magic and for her recovery period.
832 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »