Reviews for Ginny Returns
Engrprince chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
I always love your Ginny. You are one of the few who develop her. Great Job
Epeefencer chapter 17 . 10/1/2013
Wonderful story. I loved the idea of using Ginny as you did. I'm not usually a fan of time travel stories, but I found this one to be the exception to that rule.
Noble Korhedron chapter 17 . 9/30/2013
Nice ending. :-)
Noble Korhedron chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
Merlin's beard, Ron in being SUCH. AN. ASS! :-(
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2013
This version of Ginny, while strong, was not impulsive. I think this was a fascinating twist on the re-do story, but definitely empathized with Harry about the difficulties in accepting Ginny once the truth is known. Even when she claims no pressure - and that the choice is his - it's rather overwhelming that someone would do what she's done for him. It was very realistic that he took time to evaluate it, and I thought that was very well written. The fact that permutations arise from her actions that she wasn't expecting was also well dealt with.

Thanks for posting a great story.
Nytefyre chapter 17 . 9/23/2013
The twist with Ginny being the one going backwards in time is novel and the execution of it was really well-done. I agree with Harry about the stalkerish nature though, and the difficulty with coming to grips with it. Even if Ginny wants there to be a choice on Harry's part, the pressure still exists. Very well written and handled, though.

Thanks for posting.
FemmeFerret chapter 17 . 8/17/2013
This was very nice. I'm not normally a Harry/Ginny fan, but it was recced to me and I'm glad I took the time to read it. You're right, there aren't many "Ginny goes back" fics, and you came up with a good, well written plot. Thanks :)
SweetSouthernGal chapter 17 . 8/5/2013
I really enjoyed this story. It was very different from the standard back-in-time story, as I can't recall seeing a story where just Ginny goes back to redo things. I like how you worked things out- especially with the ripples having more effect than Ginny expecting, and her not thinking everything through on what that means (because even the heroine cant be infallible- especially not when perceived infallibility is part of why she had to come back). I also liked how Dumbledore remains in denial even to the end, because that's so totally feasible with his portrayal in canon. The future Ginny returns from shows a lot of the potential problems I can see with that too. Of course, as much as I have problems with Dumbledore (most of which you highlighted in this story in regards to his treatment of Harry), I also think a lot of his information-withholding just comes from JKR needing to stretch out the plot for seven books (because even though I was younger when the first books first came out, I remember knowing even then that there was a seven book contract).

Anyway, I really liked this story. And I'm glad we really got to see things afterwards too. A lot of times with the back-in-time stories (I've read a fair few, they're just so interesting), we see the resolution of the war/conflict and that's it. We really got to see beyond that here, and the effects of all the changes Ginny made. I'm glad we were able to see that.

I'm also glad you didn't pair Ron and Hermione together. I can read it, but I really am not fond of the pairing. I'm honestly not that much of a fan of Harry/Ginny either in canon- but I think it's a decent pairing if their relationship builds up right- we just didn't see that in canon though I like to believe (for my peace with canon-verse) that it just happened behind the scenes.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. It was a great story!
lovemya2000 chapter 17 . 8/3/2013
This Story Was SO Good! A Job Well Done To You, Awesome!
bkasavan chapter 17 . 7/19/2013
JUst finished the story.
Great story! Thanks for writing it!
wdlwbt chapter 17 . 7/11/2013
Wow. I hardly ever read Harry/Ginny fics, but this was recommended by a friend so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm really glad I did. I love time travel stories, but -as I'm sure you know- most revolve around Harry, either alone or with someone else. I did read one that was centered around Hermione once. Anyway, Thanks for sharing! :)
Starfox5 chapter 17 . 6/27/2013
A great Story - H/G is not one of my preferred Pairings, but it comes naturally here, and works well.
Arithmetic13 chapter 17 . 6/23/2013
Endgames chapter 17 . 6/21/2013
This really was a wonderful story. Unlike a lot of somewhat random and odd challenges put out there, I think that your challenges to yourself really benefited this story. I liked seeing it through Ginny's eyes (so few stories tell from her perspective), and your reformed Snape was probably one of the more believable ones I've read so far.

You did point out at one point that Ginny isn't much of a thinker in terms of long-term details, but I felt that her initial plan for getting rid of the horcrux in Harry was so glaringly, obviously dumb that even she should have seen it. Her family had to win the Galleon Draw to get their picture in the paper, the paper had to get to Azkaban and in Sirius' hands, Sirius had to recognize Pettigrew and break out successfully - all just to get access to a dementor. It seems like she would have an easier time trying to get access to one somewhere else (even making her own trip to Azkaban). Anyway, I'm sure you've heard enough about that. I'm glad she didn't have to fully follow through on her plan before the mistake was realized, I just think that it should have been sooner.

The one other bone to pick with the story is that I feel like Ginny should have done a lot more for Hermione. She owed her for the entire trip, her "future" with Harry, and the sacrifice of her own life at Ginny's insistence. While I recognize that "tough love" is sometimes what Hermione needed to get her head out of her arse, I would have like to see Ginny having more positive scenes with Hermione (although from their friendship, I can infer that there were plenty that just weren't shown). I also think it would have been nice if she had told Hermione about the time travel, and her sacrifice, but that does carry the danger of informing more people about the possibility.

All in all, I enjoyed the story a great deal. It's not often that I like a Harry/Ginny pairing (they all feel so contrived), but this one seemed to flow naturally. I like Harry's more mature attitude and his actions when he calls Ginny on her manipulations/withholding information. It's a realistic reaction, and shows that not all is perfect in Ginny-land, despite her advantages. Thanks for writing, and keep going with the great stories!
PSay chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
I have been going over your stories and I am copying them onto my laptop. I have most of them printed out but I like to read them on my kindle. I love this story. The emotions and the progression of the story has been excellent. I especially love the way you developed Harry's character. For two preteens to communicate so well even after Harry learned that Ginny had the mind, magic and memories of a 21 year old woman was very well done. I love how romantic he is with Ginny. Finding out he was to be a father was really good. Thanks for writing. I look forward to getting acquainted with more of your stories. pms
821 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »