Reviews for Beautiful Day
tamara72 chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Very emotional and well written.
mur xo chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Excellent job. This was so well written and actually showed Bill's emotional depth. While I'm sure Bill would never hurt his wife on purpose, emotion usually wins over ration. I, also, don't think this qualifies as a rape, since Fleur didn't resist.

Thanks for sharing this. :)
Morning. xx chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Very interesting. Appropriate tension, and the grief is well-described.
MBP chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Katy, as always, you've created another masterpiece. The violence was jarring, but, like you said, it was also somehow understandable. Bill's grief is so raw, so palpable, that it made me choke FOR him. Fleur is understanding, yes, and somehow, I think it's also understandable for her to be that way. It works. The whole story just works.
Ammiel chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I will not flame you. And I also think you shouldn't get flamed for this one.

It's fiction. And you did a GREAT job including this topic in one of your stories. Including what we MUST include in our own thoughts. They're humans. They have those...incredible and beautiful emotions. And you are showing that.

It's not my place to judge. And I don't justify it. But I do understand his behaviour. And it IS Writers job to deal with the complex and amazing Human Condition. We have emotions, and internal process. We still have basic instinct. Violence, Sex, Pleasure.

I found it fascinating. It's one of my favourites.
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Goodness. I have about 46 different reactions to this, all vying for attention. Mostly, though, this was just wonderful. The level of despair, of brokenness, of loss and anguish and nothing is right or good in the worlds... yeah, you've expressed that about as poignantly as can be expressed.
Cassandra's Cross chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I wouldn't consider this a rape, Katy. Fleur didn't resist Bill, she didn't say no (or "non"). She understood his need and responded to it. Rape is generally defined as forcing someone to do something against their will, and I don't think that was the case here. Granted, Bill was a little too rough with her, but once again, Fleur did not object. If she had, I think that Bill, even upset as he was, would have pulled back. Thanks for the dedictation. I'm in the middle of preparing Christmas dinner for eight guests due later today, but I've hit a lull, so thought I'd catch up on all your stories while I had a minute. Merry Christmas!
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Great oneshot- Bill's emotions are vividly depicted. I understand the content is edgy, but this is a high emotion situation, you know? People react in different ways, and while Bill's wasn't appropriate, it was a reaction to his loss.
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
wow i don't really know what to say, i liked it though. good job:)
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Now I see what you meant when you said certain things would be questionable.

Fascinating and amazing how you pack so much emotion into a few paragraphs, especially at the beginning.

As for what Bill did - I'm of two minds about it. While I don't advocate violence, in my first read it didn't really come across that he was trying to hurt her so much as he had no control over what he was doing, any more than she did. That doesn't justify it, neither does being married, but I understand why he lost control. To me, understanding why instead of painting it as just a meaningless violent act is more important than the act itself.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I don't think you would get flamed for that one at all. I did have a quick peek at the other reviewers, and I'm probably the first bloke to write in.

I'm not trying to justify anything either, but sometimes the emotions get just so overwhelming. I don't think he of them would have seen it as sexual violence. Yes, he would apologise, and probably feel bad because he wasn't caring with her. I think she would understand -probably be fairly hacked off - but she would understand.

I thought that was a good story, and very well written. By keeping it so stark and controlled you brought out his emotions far better.
hermoinelvsronald chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
good short

not at all fluffy
GoddessofYouth chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I think when we, as humans, are emotional we make choices that we later regret.
serindraxx chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
i must say this is different from some fics that i read... but, i can see where you were coming from with it... keep it up!

~Serindraxx~