Reviews for Rising Sun: The Carlisle Cullen Story
KlutzillaAlli chapter 11 . 1/1/2009
This is AMAZING!
Emiliana Keladry chapter 10 . 12/31/2008
Oh, poor poor Esme... she is now Carlisle's, but she slipped up. It's okay Esme. Wonderful chapter!

edwardplusbella620 chapter 10 . 12/30/2008
aw thats a nice chapter. i like esme and carlisle. D
hopesallthings chapter 9 . 12/30/2008
Great story so far. You seem to be nailing Carlisle's character, along with Edward's so far. I liked the first chapter a lot when you were describing the chase Carlisle had gone on. I think you did a great job describing old London, and what it was like in the scenery. You could always add a little bit more of his struggles though. It seemed a little rushed at how one minute he wanted to kill all the humans, he hunts a few animals, and then his blood lust is over. Maybe go a little slower at that part describing what he went through. Also, could you add a little of how and why he decided to become a doctor? It seemed like all of a sudden the detail of that's what he wanted to be popped up. In those times, people would kind of 'be assigned' to take over the job of their parents, so he should have become a pastor. Where'd he get the sudden want to be a physician? The part with the Volturi was great. I'm always looking at who's going to get their personalities right or completely destroy them. Good news, yours were wonderful. You gave a clear picture of who they really were and what Carlisle thought of them. Again, if you could go into a little more deatil of his time with them I'd appreciate it. But great work changing the languages. It really annoys me when everyone assumes that every place he went to the world spoke English, or he somehow naturally was able to speak a language without ever learning it. You incorporated his faith really well when he was talking with Aro. I liked the prase you used in "God's will is a mystery, but everything happens for a reason." Defenitely Carlisle. Amazing job describing the Volturi's reaction to him and his newly found lifestyle. Once again, could you slow down at the New World part? I'd really like to see more of his reaction of when he first came to America, and how he thought it was different from London if he did at all. Just a quick note; in chapter 6, Edward's mother's name is written Elizabeth, not Elisabeth. The way you described their time at the hospital was wonderful. You did good describing Carlisle's feelings as Edward was changing in his regret and guilt of doing this to Edward, but also still wanting a companion. In the part where Edward wakes up, you may have wanted to make him more confused. He seemed to be taking the fact that he was a vampire and could read minds in too great a stride, like at the part where you wrote "Edward looked puzzled for a moment, and then his expression relaxed. “I guess I am reading your thoughts.". I think he would have been a little bit more surprised than that. But his personality seemed to shine through when he was getting to know Carlisle. The struggles he faced in being a newborn was wonderful worded. And finally dear, dear Esme. Great job giving us a taste of Carlisle's feelings for her and in turn her thoughts during her transformation. Loved it! Defenitely continue-you've got a talent for writing. Great spelling and grammar, too, which I thank you for. Beautiful words, and keep up the good work!

hopesallthings
Beneath The Shining Stars chapter 9 . 12/29/2008
Great story! )

I haven't found much from Carlisle's point of view out there, so this is cool.

I can't wait for the next chapter!
edwardplusbella620 chapter 9 . 12/29/2008
aw i loved that. )
Emiliana Keladry chapter 9 . 12/29/2008
Beautiful! I am so happy that he thinks Esme is his angel! Wonderful chapter!

Emiliana Keladry chapter 8 . 12/28/2008
A truly wonderful chapter with Edward and Carlisle, beginning to learna about each other and the world that they now will share. I am still very excited for the upcoming Esme romance!

Emiliana Keladry chapter 7 . 12/27/2008
I don't know if I could stand a burning in the back of my throat forever. Edward is strong and wonderful. Esme next? :) Update soon! You are doing a wonderful job!

Emiliana Keladry chapter 6 . 12/27/2008
Edward's transformation was written perfectly. :D Carlisle made a good choice.

Emiliana Keladry chapter 5 . 12/27/2008
Is this young Esme the Esme that becomes his wife? I guess I will have to read on and find out! Amazing chapter!

Emiliana Keladry chapter 4 . 12/27/2008
The Volturi give me the creeps still and it is good to see Carlisle attempting to help them... even if Aro is much much creep. If that makes sense...

Emiliana Keladry chapter 3 . 12/27/2008
I loved the last line. It perfectly describes Carlisle and the way that he chooses to spend his existant. Good pacing of this story. :D

Emiliana Keladry chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Hope. Yes, you have found it and so it begins. Great chapter!

Emiliana Keladry chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
That is a horrible way to "die". Poor poor Carlisle.

542 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 Next »