Reviews for Red Jane
Hecate chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This story was extremely hard to read as I am a real fan of Patrick Jane. But, having said that, it is indeed a credible theory that Jane is indeed Red John. I find it odd that a man of his abilities would not be able to ferret out Red John after 10 years. It is obvious even in the show that he is very manipulative, cunning and can be very deceitful though all of these traits are hidden under his smooth veneer of charm and playfulness. He is also obviously extremely possessive and it makes sense that he could have killed his wife after learning of an affair. Jane's ego could not have withstood that. It would then make sense that he would want to become a part of the team hunting Red John which is why Red John is always one step ahead of them. Bravo on a truly insightful and tragic story.
Shift 1120 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Great story, but a few things you need to fix.

Patrick's wife was called Angela, his daughter Charlotte, and Lisbon's name is slept Teresa, not Theresa.

Despite the inaccuracies, I enjoyed the story, and it made sense, which most Red John fics don't.
melanthe lilac chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Jane as Red John, who hasn't thought about it and dismissed it? About halfway in the fic, I remembered the title, and thought, 'nah..' and then of course you surprised me. (I love surprises) Well written, and even though you say you don't know much about psycology, this was a fairly beliavable plot. Except the part where Jane rips his own guts out; that would've been next to impossible to do without passing out, IMO, but it added a good climax to the story. Well done!
IntoDarkness chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
OMG! This is so twisted I love it! Great story!
OmG-iTs-MeAgAn chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I read this story shortly after it came out (before I was even a fanfiction member, lol) and I've searched EVERYWHERE to find it again...and i FINALLY did! I re-read it and it was exactly the same as it was before: amazing! It was well written, and as much as I love Patrick, I decided to hate him just for this one story. :) lol. Meagan.
GoesBoom chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I'm surprised you don't have more reviews on this story. It is very well written and thought out. Although I highly doubt Jane is Red John, it is a fascinating idea that I admit hasn't even crossed my mind. Your story was a pleasure to read.
ab89us chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Um...Wow...That was really unexpected...Good though, just definetly different.

Habeous Corpus chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
daim! That is a sick twist, but a delicious one at that. If the series ends like this, i will have nightmares forever! (JK)
HtotheP chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I absolutely loved this story! I had my suspicions about where you were going with it from the beginning, but I was hoping I wasn't right. Your writing is fairly solid and your psycho-analysis totally believable. I don't like the idea that Jane's Red John, but I loved your portrayal of this particular scenario. Well done!
Colera chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I... sat open-mouthed in front of my computer on reading the end. Somehow I should have known this would come by the title, but still... this is a thought that never has come into my head. It's a very interesting idea, still, but I didn't like it.
Sheethkal Shahar chapter 1 . 1/8/2009 well as this was written, I can't belive you made him the bad guy. I might puke. Anyways like I said it was well written but wow...
Post object chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
This was a really good story, and very well written. Were you inspired by the discussions on the IMDB Mentalist boards? Fans have been musing with the idea that Patrick is Red John for the past month. I could tell the direction you were taking the plot by the story's title. The only mistake I found was that you changed Isabella's middle name from Whitney to Maria and Jonathan's last name from Elder to Adler.

Other than that, I always knew the show had the potential to be very dark :)