Reviews for By and By
Calawethrin chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Jesus Christ!

I love your style, your writing your humor your wit.

Im reading yet another of your works, its five in the morning and i just cant stop. You make me laugh so hard i have to bite the pillow to stop the sound, dont wanna wake anybody up, you make me think your references are priceless and you even mentioned poland in one of your pieces which made my day or rather night as im polish and so many ppl in america and even england (lived in both) have no clue about poles and about our history. Well sorry for that little insert on my part :) anyway ur writing is great and im gonna go back to reading some more if you dont mind, cant get enough xD

so keep it up and good work,

hope ull become a writer so i can buy and read your books and revel in the fact that i found u on ff xD

love marysia
MLMsky4life chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
:3 Beautiful. Long sentences and kind of cryptic, sometimes I had to re-read it before understanding it. But I like it Pretty...
Dlvvanzor chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
That's really sad, knowing what's to come. I've always liked the idea of Light having nightmares about Kira :)
enigmapocalypse chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
awesome, i love it, its os cute and a cery addicting story, definitely finish it!
Vera-Sama chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Wonderful as always. Being a dork, and therefore loving Shakespeare, I loved the Hamlet references. It really can be fit to anything. But it fit really well here.

I loved this, really.
ShojoChick chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Oh my, that was absolutely beautiful! Wonderfully written, with a poetic touch here and there, it brought tears to my eyes. Really, I'm not making fun of you or anything. This is really good. I can't wait to read more of your work

Me ke aloha,

ShojoChick
xRayne-chanx chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I love the way you write. It's so poetic and beautiful!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
that was beautiful. you have created the best sleep deprived Light the world has ever seen. his exhausted ramblings are incomparably good, as are his interactions with L.
MiaoShou chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Oh well, this is different to the last one! Good heavens. Here's L, playing games and yet he seems to be believing Light, believing in his innocence. For now.

What a complicated mixture of cruelty and kindness your L is here. And Light doesn't seem to know if he loves him or hates him.

I'm just rambling here because I'm struck speechless by the words and have turned brain onto automatic review mode XD Excuse me. No superlative does it justice.

I want to know what happened in between the cake and the nightmare, but the only words that come to mind are; use every man after his dessert...
Jenwryn chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
I suppose it doesn't hurt that you write like an angel, and also that "Hamlet" happens to be my favourite of The Man's plays. But there is something very... ethereal yet grounded about this story. Or maybe I just relate to the pain of loving too much. I don't know. But, for whatever reason, this is really hard-hitting, and lovely, all at once...
RichelleShalark chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Wow, this was very deep. I will have to read this again when I am a bit more awake. : )
Alien ABC's chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
This is really wonderful. It’s - and I mean this in a completely positive sense - very muddled, in that lovely kind of dreamlike way where everything’s tangled together and you can’t tell where one bit ends and another begins or where you are. It feels like the kind of thing that would defy analysis, just because every bit is connected to every other bit so you couldn’t find the end to the string; it’s very much… I guess… cohesive, that way. Its own little bundle. And it’s beautiful; I love the line about personalizing nails on a chalkboard and the fact that Light has nightmares about being Kira - that his subconscious still bears the scars, even if his memory of it has faded.
SapphireMistress chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
*cries* U r so good! EVERYTHING U DO IS GREAT! ZOMG! I love how you use the words and put them all together...*cries* i can't even do that...*cries again*
CheshireMisfit chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Ah, Tierfal, you and your lovely Christmas fic-spammage! It's the best present I could have asked for-the lovely boys together in such an awesome fic! I love it, really, truly, I do. Hamlet was a nice touch. (Was that Hamlet? I think so...hm...I need to refresh my Shakespeare) I loved that part in the middle, the "Do you love me?" "Far too much." Oh, that got me, that really, truly did. This is a work of art-I lvoe the descriptions and the absolutely amazing metaphors, and you wrote their characters to perfection. E! Thanks very much, darling, I love it to death! You've outdone yourself, you have! And yet, this kind of beauty is something I'd expect from someone as awesome as you! Happy Holidays, and, as always,

Love,

Misfit
recipe for insanity chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
"What a piece of work is man!" There's no mistaking the murderous intent nor the begrudged, but entirely unavoidable connection in finding their soul mate; how frightful then that these two men only desire to destroy each other's essence because neither can exist without ruining the other.

"In apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world..." He "loved so hard - he hated" chillingly speaks to the chaotic nature of Light's dueling personas plainly on display here for L, and even in all his intuitivenes, L, plays god because he'd like to believe he's above such ignoble intentions but for once he chooses to be brought low by this unimaginative world that holds no spell over him but binds him with the promise, the teasing intelligent aura in Light's eyes.

"In form and moving how express and admirable!" Yes, you! Thanks for creating a piece so uniquely branded to my own soul.