|Reviews for The Master's Gambit|
| Luna chapter 3 . 11/27/2016
Shame you don't use British terms - mum for mom, Autumn for fall, rubbish bin for trash can etc
| Luna chapter 4 . 11/27/2016
Wouldn't Hermione have been almost 12 not 11. In the UK youngest students are born in Aug and the oldest in Sept.
| Corwyn chapter 11 . 5/1/2016
I am greatly enjoying this story so far and I hope you get a chance to continue it. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.
| vocabulary chapter 3 . 4/28/2016
even though "thrift" and "thrifty" means "saving money rather than spending it", "spend-thrift" means "person who spends lots of money on foolish things". The word you're probably looking for was "thrifty" or "a miser"
| Danielle596 chapter 11 . 12/26/2015
when are u going to update?
| AusKid chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
Unbelievably bad. Couldn't make it past the first few paragraphs so I'll analyse what I can.
1) People putting disclaimers at the top is nothing new, but actually having the gall to assume someone would want to copyright your work is outright laughable.
2) Dumbledore wouldn't bang a gavel, he's not a judge. Aside from that, his personality and charisma goes beyond such a trivial way of drawing attention.
3) I don't think the students 'need something to live for'.
4) Did Dumbledore actually say "bracket one bracket" and "bracket two bracket"? Because that's what you wrote.
5) The Creeveys are muggle born.
6) Johan. I don't think there's anything I could write that would make this idea more ridiculous than it already is.
7) Whether you just learned these words, or think they make you look clever, 'caveat', 'foremost', 'problematic', they all stick out as jarring and forced. A general rule of writing is to keep it simple, but you go out of your way at many points to needlessly complicate dialogue, so everyone sounds like robots.
8) India, USA, Japan, Australia etc all have their own wizarding schools.
And from there it goes off the rails completely as suddenly Snape is the 5th marauder and apparently cares about Harry's well-being. Looking at other reviews you clearly have a target audience so good on you for finding it. However also while looking at other reviews, apparently Snape tortures the Dursleys to insanity, including 11 year old Dudley...so I worry about the mental stability of you and the people that enjoy that kind of thing.
| god of all chapter 11 . 10/23/2015
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
| desireejones99 chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
Excellent entertainment, hope updates are coming in the near future
| desireejones99 chapter 5 . 9/26/2015
As i see it Molly with her hatred of Ginny'schoice of lifemate, is as much responsible for Ron's suicide, if not mostly her fault as Ron knew same sex relationship would not be tolerated by his Mother
| Bentears chapter 11 . 11/10/2014
I do hope you come back to this story its rivetting
| femalefarrier chapter 11 . 7/6/2014
loving the story, hope you contiue
| lilyflower50 chapter 11 . 2/20/2014
hi I have a question is myddrin/albus surpose to be merlin please reply
| wolfzmasterz chapter 11 . 9/13/2013
AWESOME story I really like it, it is one of the most deffrentaily takes on the wizarding world that i have read yet. I like how you have intergrated the lord of the rings into your story, though once I thought about it the Ring is hourrocrux (SP) and very fitting. though with the nine does that mean you are going to intergrate more of it into the story i thought sarumon was the only one who could control them? well i cant wait to see what happens next with this story, have fun writting.
| Wulffe chapter 11 . 8/8/2013
Good story so far...
I find it to be interesting and enjoyed it very much...
| Alifromnm chapter 11 . 4/10/2013
I have spent the past few days reading this wonderful and unique story of yours. Love you characters. I sincerely hope one day you will finish this gem.