Reviews for A Meteor Day Carol
Brilliant first chapter!
silverfire113 chapter 5 . 6/9/2009
this made me smile :)
Sacred3 chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
What a happy ending! An amazing epiphany, always wanted to use that word.
MysticSpiritus chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
I loved Yuffie's comment as the sexy cousin.

Thank you for writing this Mengde. It was a pleasant retelling of a classic. Well done.

Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
Oh, drat. I didn't review the last two chapters, did I?

Let's see if I can make it up...

This is one of the best "Christmas Carol" adaptions I have come across. Vincent-you write Vincent very well.

May you enjoy the new year.

~Cal
City of Dis chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
ah and it ends! congrats on completing the ff rendition of a christmas carrol and happy new year to you!

all that aside it was a good way to end it...albeit unessesaryily cheery and corny...but thats just the way it and the holiday itself are supposed to be!

again good job and keep it up!

City of Dis chapter 4 . 12/30/2008
ahh the wonders of showing a fearless person is afraid...oh the joy...then again showing the death of a person that cant die is rather tramatic no?

yeah and that is something that Cloud would do for Shelke...and yeah he really would be pissed at Vincent if that was the road he took. you did forget to show what happened to Yuffie tho...or maybe thats part of your evil geniusness...or something like that...

anyway i cant wait for the finale!

MysticSpiritus chapter 4 . 12/30/2008
Dude, that was great. The Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come has always been my favorite of the three Spirits and you definitely did it justice. Well done!

Very creepy image of the body at the end. Thank you, Mengde. :P

City of Dis chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
well i hadnt figured youd use Cait for that part...but it does make sense. I hadnt thought that cloud would come up with something so...optimistic...I bet Tifa pushed him to it...women are so manipulative! just kidding, at this point i think cloud is just out to make people happy...as much as he can anyway.

yay youre gunna use Sephy! i kinda had that feeling but wasnt sure...so is he just gunna point with is rediculously oversized katana or is he actually gunna speak because there is a good chance that Seph IS vincents son...i mean does he really look anything like Hojo?

and as for last chapter...yes i realize that that is what Scrooge did in the original, BUT vincent is really not the 'stomp on the spirit cuz it made me angry' type. hes more of the 'ignore until it goes away' type...but i guess that you had to keep it in line with the original to keep some of its spirit.

anyway youre doin great so far. cant wait to see the future...i wonder if cloud is gunna be immortal...he did have a LOT of experiments on him too...well it is your choice of course

anyway keep it up!

MysticSpiritus chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
Cait Sith! He was perfect for the Second Spirit. How wonderful!

Shelke might die? o.O That's a twist I was not expecting. I was halfway expecting either Marlene or Denzel, or possibly Cid with all his smoking. Shelke makes sense though, so I like it even if it's rather sad. Not as sad as Tiny Tim, but still sad.

Humanity's children ... did I detect a bit of Lost disease there?

Very much look forward to the last Spirit. I hope for much creepiness and suspenseful horror.

IzanagiMikoto chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Decent quality, but before I go on, I'd like to know one thing, will this be a Vincent x Shelke pairing? I ask because they're apparently the main characters, but you're setting up this backstory with Yuffie. This is very important to me as I can't envision Yuffie with him even if the passage of time is used to show her matured. It's a personal peeve of mine that I can't give up, and I'm currently searching for this pairing in stories.

Also, I know it's implied by Shelke's presence that DoC happened, but you glazed over Hojo's "temporary revival" while in Weiss. It only seems important to the extent that Hojo cheated death once.

I notice Vincent also seems to be a little more cold, when in the ending of DoC, he seems fairly well adjusted.

Cloud seems a little too cheery. He reminds me of a little kid somehow. I understand that he's leading a happier life and more festive times but this makes him seem too much like Yuffie.

That said, I find this story quite interesting and of decent quality. It's more than enough to keep me looking forward to future updates.
City of Dis chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
yay vinnies a sad sap! ...well hes always a sad sap but this is like woah...or maybe more like dumbass...yeah i think that works better.

and did he just stomp on Aeris...Cloud would be a little pissed if he knew...(and yes i know it wasnt really Aeris but whatever)...and no im not a cleris fan but he does respect her and is supposed to be her protector and whatnot...not to mention that MASSIVE inferiority complex...

anyway youre doin great! keep it up!

Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Poor Vincent. Relieving one's past isn't a pleasant business, is it? Especially for a person like him.

I only recently read the script for Dirge of Cerberus-Waiting for enought time to watch videos on Youtube and properly enjoy them-but comparing this story to the script, it certainly enhances what can be gleaned from all of FF VII-and-compilations.

~Calenlass
MysticSpiritus chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Blessings day, I like that holiday. It fits pretty well in the ff7 world that was pre-Sephiroth going insane. The Yuffie scene was quite touching too. I could picture quite easily her breaking it off because of his new obsession.

Now, who shall be the Spirit of the Present? Hm ...

MysticSpiritus chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
This is an excellent rendition of A Christmas Carol. I'm curious to see how you're going to revamp the Three Spirits. Look forward to more!