Reviews for In The Evening
yankeerose chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
You have a way of capturing the Eric all us fans want to believe he is.
AlisonJackson chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
wow that was real intense, you have a remarkable way with expression. i really enjoyed this.
jotack chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Loved the point of view in your story. Lying on a quilt looking at stars is very romantic, too.
lauriewee74 chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
OMG I'm crying T_T this is a great story,I like it,pretty much! Eric's feelings wow! Very good!
Chloelilybet chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I love this story, it really lets you know how Eric is feeling, I have read many fanfics where Eric declares his feelings for Sookie and they run off into the sunset but I think this is more like it, he's a 10 yr old viking vampire I don't think he would admit his feelings easily. Thank you
assumepresume chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Nice story - I liked your poetic diction and flow.

You captured Eric's voice very well - you had some particularly good lines.

"I know that she is as polite and bound to the concept of Southern Hospitality as I am honest and bound to being opportunistic." How true!

"We come together like gravity, like the quiet falling inward that marks the birth of a star." Hovering on the verge of cheesily dramatic, yet beautifully poetic.

Perhaps it's because I am an Eric/Sookie fan, as many on FF are, but I think "Love it, bury it, let it go and all that." is very simialr to "that kind of death is selfish." As in, Eric leaving Sookie for her own sake is very similar to a falsely sacrificial, actually selfish death for a loved one.

I venture to say, to love is seeing the bigger picture.
nycsnowbird chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Words are going to fail me expressing how much I loved this small series, starting with this, IN THE EVENING. This is just epic in sheer raw emotion and any review I give it is going to come up short on how sincerely I have been moved by this, how it tore at me and haunted me for _days._

You made my heart just ACHE seeing Eric and Sookie creating a moment to opportunistically slash at each other with cruel words trying to protect each other in the most supreme sacrifice to their love.

“We kiss, we kiss, we kiss”

“I feel, I feel, I feel”

Molten. I can hear the gasps for air between these.

“which as far as I’m concerned is another fucking planet, my world is right in front of me”

To be loved like that, to be a lover's whole world, the mutuality of their hunger for each other wiping away any other existence, just roars over me. So beautifully written, DC.

“we come together like gravity like the quiet falling inward that marks the birth of a star”

For me, great writing is when a thought can convey feeling to the reader. This moment translates to sheer eroticism.

And oh God, how both of them are silently telling each other of their love thinking the other can’t feel it on his chest, in her hair. It is so moving, so heart wrenching.

“It will distract, interrupt, misguide and finally kill you finally dead.”

I feel Eric’s understandable fear for her but all I want to do was shout 'don’t do it! This is so wrong. This is not what either of you really want.'

“All of it, though, is a cruel, condescending picture and it represents the worst extreme of my fear for her life”

For me, one of those wordless moments of just sitting back and feeling awe at the emotion imparted.

“She cuts me off. Not many living things on this planet can get away with that. It has been a very lovely evening, she says formally, as if we had dressed in our Sunday best and gone for a polite stroll down Main Street.”

LOVE IT. So true to both characters.

“I am an asshole. And I am about to take “asshole” to new heights of assholiness.”

I cringed! Here’s where his love turns to what the Greeks call agape love, divine love, charitable love. Totally unselfish, totally altruistic. The kind of love that impels a person to lay down their life for another.

“And then I make the last deep cut as I stand over her. I always protect my assets.”

*I* fall inward in pain reading this.

You write such beautiful stories but this series is my favorite.
Sheena dmented chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
You make me cry! I love how you describe a sex scene so poetic and romantic to makes anyone jealous. Yours ERIC's POV make anyone feel the pain and conflict he in. Love yours stories.
jess.sree chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
That was pretty good.

I admit this is the first Eric POV I've read and I am fairly content with how you describe Eric's feelings.

Good job.
Chrissy123 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I should not have let this happen. I am an asshole. And I am about to take “asshole” to new heights of assholiness. Fine, I say. I will go. And I will not be coming back, I tell her. Pam will be here for all of next week, whether you let her in the house or not. And then I make the last deep cut as I stand over her. I always protect my assets.

-I can feel Eric's pain.
Loveonawirex3 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I loved it ] Short of that, I've already said almost every thing to cover my opinion, in other reviews. You do Eric perfectly, as well as Sookie, yada yada. Next one! ]
JillieJo chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This was so beautifully written. It made me cry. I wonder if you will expand on this story. Thank you
dexgal chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I've read this a few times now, getting something different from each read. It has really touched me. You are so great wtih the Eric POV, making him "feel, feel, feel"...thank you for posting this one.
Meg2 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Such a beautiful piece DC, really capturing the complexity and responsibilities of of such a difficult relationship.
DV8TED chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
You make me ache with wanting. This is beautiful
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »