Reviews for Understanding
Guest chapter 15 . 12/2/2016
Eric is an abusive, disrespectful fool, but Sookie is even worse. She had the means of keeping herself safe from him but she so stupidly stayed in victim mode and even let him go to her safe place. Why would she have so little self-respect, so little value for her own safety that she would let him anywhere near her? So what if he "suffered"? He gladly broke her body, her mind, her heart, and her spirit and then has the gall to even dare approach her after that? Good God, if you hate Sookie that much, don't write her.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/2/2016
I honestly do not understand your reasoning as a write for forcing the victim - that would be Sookie, since I feel the need to clarify this to your pro-abuse mindset - to let her abuser tag along to her one safe place. That's just wrong.
Guest chapter 13 . 12/2/2016
Oh, Pam, stop trying to bullshit Sookie into thinking better of Eric. He's an asshole who easily and so willingly abused Sookie to get his way. The End.

It makes me sad that Bill is pro-abuse too. He's the one character I'd thought wouldn't let you compromise his base values.

Felipe would make a far better mate for Sookie than an abusive Eric ever would.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/2/2016
It's great that Eric knows Sookie won't hurt him. Too bad she can't say the same of him. And what's this tripe about Eric "forgiving" Sookie for leaving him after he so badly abused her body and her spirit? That is complete and utter bullshit. Was she supposed to run crying into his arms begging him to forgive her for him breaking her bones? Really? WTF? How pro-abuse can you be?

I'm very disappointed in this story. It seems based on promoting a pro-rape, pro-abuse line that disgusts and appalls me.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/2/2016
Huh, odd how Sookie was able to save Eric without breaking a single bone or his spirit, or anything...
Guest chapter 10 . 12/2/2016
So nice of the abused moron to worry about her abusers clothing.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/2/2016
Eric doesn't want to deal with what he did to Sookie so he ignores it. How mature.

You know, if my "destiny" was to be permanently linked to an abusive asshole, I think I would find another "destiny".
Guest chapter 7 . 12/2/2016
So Eric beats Sookie up and breaks her spirit and her bones and all he cares about is blood and jealousy. Nice guy.

LMAO - I know you won't let this review post because it doesn't fall in line with your pro-abuse stance, but it's hilarious that Eric beat Sookie up and broke her spirit and her bones and all he cares about is blood and jealousy and actually has the gall to be pissed off that she doesn't immediately fall to her knees to suck his dick and beg him to take her back now that her bones have healed up from him breaking them on purpose.

"Thanks" for making Eric a classic abuser.

It's appalling how everyone around Sookie wants her to forgive her abuser. Such enablers! Will they hold her still the next time he abuses her "for her own good"? Assholes, all of them. It's also appalling how Eric even thinks he still has the right to touch Sookie after hurting her so badly on purpose.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/2/2016
Why would the AP think Sookie would be foolish enough to give Eric her blood? Oh, wait, because Sookie is retarded. Sorry, I forgot.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/2/2016
Why in the everloving hell would ANYONE who supposedly "loves" Sookie actually WANT her to go back into an abusive relationship? Do they WANT Sookie to have an abusive MASTER, because that is all Eric wants to be to her. He thinks he has the RIGHT to abuse her, to control her, to break her bones as a means of controlling her, and these fools WANT her back in his CUSTODY?

I sincerely hope no one reading this bullshit thinks it's ok for men to abuse the women they supposedly love even though the writer who will most likely remove this review because it doesn't fall in line with her pro-abuse leanings, obviously thinks it's fine.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/2/2016
It's hilarious that you, who I assume is a woman, would think it absolutely fine that Eric brutalize Sookie and that a simple sorry from Eric would make it all ok. Talk about misogynistic stupidity running rampant. And let me guess , before long Sookie will be conned into "understanding" Eric's ""right"" to abuse her.

This is fucking bullshit.
Winter666 chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
I have read the reviews for this story and I must agree with the person who posted as a 'Guest'.
Eric's physical abuse of Sookie is completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE.
I am physically disgusted with anyone who would attempt to excuse this in any way.
Not only have you betrayed the character of Eric from canon who would never behave so despicably toward the woman he loves but you compound this abuse by having Eric threaten to make Sookie fear him and betray her faith and trust in him.
You are indeed a lousy writer if you have no other way to move your story forward than by re-victimizing Sookie at the hand of the one she should be able to have complete faith in.
The misogyny inherent in this story in which you attempt to justify this behavior on the part of the man who is supposed to love and protect Sookie is beyond the pale. A continuing theme I have noticed regarding fan fiction is the way in which Sookie is denigrated BY OTHER WOMEN in the story reviews they post for daring to have a mind of her own and not behaving like the willing puppet of the bloody Viking who can do no wrong in the eyes of these deluded readers. WTF! Where the hell is your sisterly solidarity for another woman even if she is a fictional character? Too many women appear to willingly succumb to their own internalized misogyny rather than stand in support of another woman who has been unnecessarily victimized. I now need to go and bleach my brain to try and forget that I actually read that crap.
lzdiva4 chapter 15 . 8/12/2016
Even though I enjoyed your wonderful storytelling, this one was hard for me to read. So much pain. I hated the situation Eric found himself in, and I truly believe her regretted having to hurt her, but he felt it was necessary for her safety, ironically. I agree this was something Sookie had to go through in order to transform into who she was destined to become.
ljpjcg chapter 4 . 2/20/2015
I absolutely do not agree with Eithne and Niall about excusing Eric's physical violence towards Sookie.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/12/2014
Ok, I quit. He knows that she won't hurt him, but she knows that he WILL freely hurt HER and she's lying in BED with this ass? And she is worried about him? The asshole who knowingly and willingly broke her literal bones? And she is feeling GUILTY for leaving her ABUSER? That is too much to be believed. It truly does sound like you condone abusive male-to-female behavior. I hope you don't have children that you're teaching this shit to.