Reviews for All I Want For Christmas Is You
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Story: 8/10. I think that you have some really strong points in this story and I especially like how the ending connects with the beginning. I do think that there is a lot of stuff in this fic that doesn't really need to be there - sometimes you go on about a feeling or concept for a little too long.

Characters: 7.5/10. I can see Minerva doing these things and thinking all these things, but the voice of the fic just does not strike me as hers at all. It seems to be in a very close third person, but the voice of the fic is just too melodramatic and introspective to remind me of Minerva.

Creativity: 8.75/10. Not a pairing that you see a lot of and you write it in a different way. Also, very different feel for a Christmas fic.

Writing: 7.5/10. You don't have many mistakes and you seem to have a good idea how to write, but I think that your style is way too wordy. Not every noun or verb needs an adjective or adverb and they certainly don't always need the biggest one you can think of. Also, I think that this style is part of the reason the voice doesn't feel right for the character.

Believability: 8.5/10. I like how present the relationship between the two of them - it seems very believable. Pretty well all the events of the fic also strike me as believable, it is just the voice that seems off.

Overall: 8/10. I think that all of the events of the story work well and that you have a basic understanding of the characters and the universe. I also think that you know how to write, but your wordiness is causing this fic to have a number of issues.
ezyl chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Prompts from some people (actually, just one "XD) to observe this piece. Gosh, I sound all official and crap. n_n

I can't say I didn't enjoy it. A lovely build-up to the climax, prettily-decorated language. The flow's amazing, yes. My response to the end: O_O.

And then: T_T.

It was supposed to be angsty, but I got emotional enough that I started to laugh. Please don't be offended. I'm (REALLY!) the type that likes to laugh at really good things because they're so good. Honestly. I don't think that makes much sense. Eheheh. XD.

At one point, however, I started to feel a little off. There might have been an overdose on flowery vocabulary. The VSS's made up for most of it, but there's still that feeling. Y'know?

~for exampled
PennyOfTheWild chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Frankly, I am green with envy. I've said this to you before - sometimes you read something that is beyond words - that cannot be described - that makes you feel things you cannot express - this is one of those pieces. Musical - painfully beautiful.

'She straightens the crumples on the small scrap of paper in the packet and once more reads the two words addressed to her through filmy eyes, her tears blurring the ink on the parchment.

“Remember us.” '

*sighs* I wish I could write like you! Brava! - and like they say in Arabic - raai3!
Ava Lina chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Oh. My. God. Brilliant. I love this fic.

~Ava & Lina
SylvaDragon chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
That was lovely in a very angsty but utterly wonderful way, it's probably one of my favourite bits of angst I've read since it has a kind of aura of sweetness that seems to run softly through it, and the ending is so sweet, and sort of joyful. I think it's one of your best stories so far.

I like the way that so much is hinted at, his love for her - but did he or not ? Albus as a kind of ethereal presence, life after death, I hope I make sense.
songbird88 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I love it...It's not out of reach of what could happen after the last book and yet it satisfies all hope the reader has for the couple..nicely done..keep writing!
Merciful Heavens chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
If this is your first attempt at angst... I can't wait for more! And you say you didn't revise it? I am so very impressed that I almost forgot to review. (I just sat here for a few moments and stared at the screen with my mouth open) It was so beautiful, so bitterly wonderful! It was very sad the way to painted how Minerva was alone and missed Albus but then you ended it perfectly and so very well with his present to her.

Congratulations on one of the best stories I have ever read!

Cheerio!

Merciful Heavens
DixieHellcat chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Oh, how lovely. So much feeling packed into a few words. Fic rarely brings tears to my eyes, but this one did. I can tell how much emotion you put into it. (and I always thought Dumbledore & Minerva had something special! *g*) My favorite line: "Albus Dumbledore. Dead and he could still make her smile through her tears like no one else could." Nicely done. The first and last sentences made great bookends to the movement of the story. {hugs} to you, & to your friend in her loss.
chickenwriter chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Wonderful job, absolutely wonderful job. So sad...I was feeling a bit like that this Christmas, but not about a long lost love...
skrewtkeeper chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I'm still in awe of your talent... It is most unfair.

I was looking all over for a Christmas fic which wasn't fluff, and I couldn't find one. It appears as though fluff is the unanimous category for a MMAD Christmas. And then I found this one. I haven't been feeling so hot for Christmas myself for reasons unknown, but I feel as though I must thank you for once again meandering where some writers are frightened to go. I did receive an idea similar to this last night, but the words wouldn't come- or I was too frightened to write angst for Christmas. :D I loved it. You know, whenever I read your things, no matter the mood they put me in, it's as though I'm having a bath or drinking a very good round of hot chocolate (and that is somewhat amusing because I despise the stuff). I again compliment your writing. Your unrevised things are as comparable to mine when I've revised my writings several times. You have my blessing, and wishes for a Merry Christmas yourself. :D

~Skrewtkeeper
Katheryn Mae chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
I agree. Very good and yes, it's angst. Minshall is awesomeness. :)