Reviews for The Steward and the Lady
StyxxandBethany chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
One of the most beautiful (and unexpected) couples I have ever seen... Both very dear characters to my heart... And they deserved to find love after so many years of sorrow
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
A good compare-contrast of the characters of Eowyn and Faramir, and their feelings for each other. Well done and enjoyable. A Merry Christmas to you, too! Sincerely, Darkover
azab chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
loved it
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I really enjoyed this... it's not often I read/like romance fics, but you've done it so well. The end was simply beautiful.
Deandra chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
In general, this is a nice tale and written in an interesting style.

The one thing I think I might mention is that the notations for the footnotes distracts from the flow of it. While I understand your reasoning, they might work better if you add a bit more to the footnotes themselves and leave out the numbers in the actual story. For instance, say in the Footnote that "Technically Eowyn is not a princess..." and "All right, I admit... (They know that some wounds go too deep). It makes them wordier, but if the reader really wants to examine the story that closely, they will go back and look, and if they don't care then they will have enjoyed the reading of it more.

Thanks for sharing!

- Deandra
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Aw.. that was incredibly sweet! I absolutely love the Steward and the King chapter & this was just lovely. Nice work!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. It is skillfully written and pleasingly presented, but if the premise was to gain further insight into the characters, then I don't think it actually achieves that. It is very much a poetic retelling of the book events. That's fine in general, but from the summary I expected something new/something deeper. Still, a pleasant read.

Niggles:

"He knew she did not pity" missing a word, probably "want" or "desire"

"He offer her his hope." - offered
Ellynn chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Maybe it's not your usual style, and maybe it's not fluff, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as "a lot of angst". On the contrary, I find it a very nice story, full of warmth and hope - at least in my opinion. :p I like it a lot. :)
Minerva Organa chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Oh, I like this. Very much. An insightful exploration into the nature of the relationship between these two characters. And touching, too.

Merry Christmas! :-D