Reviews for Meant to Be
Nominenobody chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Wow, Chloe is my fav. female character from Smallville and you just made her sound like a totally raving psychotic lunatic...thx for disgracing one the best characters ever written...
anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
This was really good. To be honest at first when Chloe was calling Lois a slut and accusing her of stealing a story she never wrote I wasn't sure if you were actually saying that about Lois but then as the story progressed and I realised that you were showing how crazy Chloe would have to be to buy into the Chlois theory and I really enjoyed it, especially the post-Lois Chlark which was deliciously disturbing.
Eleid chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
wierd. Dont know what to say about it. just would like the end was different. Anyway interesting.
imhooked chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
You did a great job of making this scary and disturbing. I don't think I will be sleeping well tonight. LOL
imhooked chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
rach 'na lasair chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Jesus. I...that was intense. It broke my heart.

Very very well written but I don't know what to do with myself now. :/
nicolesargent chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
haha wow. I love how you portrayed the Chlois theory. You wrote it in a way that shows how disturbing and crazy it really is. The Chlois fans should read this... maybe than they'll see how crazy their opinions and views are...

CLOIS FOREVER!
jenny jennyjudithotmail.com chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is so sad! You make so much sense! If Lois where to die now in the show. Why would Clark be happy to involve himself in a girl (Chloe nevertheless) if she took his dead girlfriends name. And if Lois didnt die but went evil, the same thing goes. Why would that be a good thing to try and be like. I would have been just as confused if Chloe would turn up to be lana. Why would you ever want to be in a relationship with someone and pretend to be someone else? I love this, made me cry. More people should read this. But I guess the people who needs to read this the most isnt going to.
Ann chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
I read this story a while back and I never reviewed. But I'm going to now. I love the way that you took the Chlois theory and laid it bare for how disturbing it really is. I was creeped out by the ending. Also, I liked Chloe's POV of Lois because I do think that it's not very far from the condescending way SVChloe views SVLois. I felt that I was very much inside Chloe's head and it was a disturbing place to be. It seems within the story, Chloe feels she's entitled to certain things (very similar to how some of her fans feel) and her resentment of Lois comes through very for the wonderful read.
framework4 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Nice twist on all those Chloe is really Lois folks. Very evil. Keep up the good work.
LandonLover chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Wow. This is seriously sad and majorly depressing. Awesome job. Totally new take on the "Chloe Sullivan is Lois Lane" idea viewers had years ago. Way to go. :)
happyalien chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Reading this was intense and more than a little disturbing, but in a good way! Your portrayal of Chloe is very original and the use of you see what you want to see is very much in effect, Psycho Chloe anyone? I think it could happen I can visualise it..., I loved it :)
Lavenderlily12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Is it possible to like and hate this story at the same time?

I don't mean to offend you, because that was really well written. I just did not like what was happening in the story. I can't imagine Chloe being that evil or Lois being that lazy. I guess this was really an AU fic. I literally felt cold reading this, especially the part when Lois dies and Chloe tries to be her. Still, I guess that's a good thing that it made me feel like this because that meant the quality was good. I just really hated the story line.

Good Job though. And could you write a happy Clois fic next or something. Without evil Chloe, maybe?

Just a Thought.

-Lavenderlily12
Jade4813 chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
I am surprised to find that some people didn't get the point of this story! I'm saddened, even, to find that some didn't find this story disturbing in the least - which it was clearly intended to be.

One of the most jarring aspects of the Chlois theory is the dual arguments that Chlois will/should happen because Chloe 'deserves' Clark/journalism/Lois's life, and that Chlois should/will happen because Chloe will take on Lois's name in "honor" of her.

Both of these aspects were handled brilliantly well in this story, and you did a fantastic job of getting inside the type of crazy mentality Chloe would have to have in order for Chlois to come about.

From the beginning, with Chloe being convinced that Lois "stole" her story - the story she didn't do a single thing to get herself, incidentally, as it's clear from the story itself - to her taking on Lois's name as her due, it was a descent into madness that I think typifies the theory and the proponents of the theory's arguments.

I disagree, though, that Chloe got what she wanted in the end (as I saw one reviewer say). Yes, she got to be called Lois, and she says that nobody remembers that Lois ever existed. However, even if that's true, in Chloe's sick and twisted mind she may feel like she has won, but she hasn't. She feels like she has triumphed in that Clark calls her Lois, but even she says that he's the only one who doesn't mean her when he says it. In the end, she won the name but she lost the "prize" she'd been wanting all along, and that was Clark. And her coffee remains cold because she may be taking on the name of Lois Lane, but she's still not Lois and never will be. Not to Clark, and that's really the person she most wanted to be Lois to.

Truly, a deeply disturbing and yet incredibly well done look at the face of insanity. Everything I've ever thought was wrong about the Chlois theory has been shown incredibly well in this short fic. I don't know what bothers me more: The Chlois theory, or the fact that people don't find the intensely disturbing aspects of it when they support the theory itself.

This has to be one of the best fics I've read in a long time - if one of the hardest to get through for several reasons. The insulting of Lois was even very well done, because while part of me naturally grates at seeing the arguments that have been so flung around to insult her character by those who support Chlois, in using them, you somehow still managed to show how completely deluded and just plain wrong they were. In having Chloe say that Lois never deserved anything she had, you show quite well that Lois in fact very much did.

Okay, I'll stop reviewing now because soon this review will rival the story for length. But I wanted to tell you that you did an amazing job, and my hat's definitely off to you!
MakeLoveNotSense chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I've seen this theory floating around, and I have to say you made it scarily real. I certainly hope it isn't canon, but if it is I imagine it would be something like this. Well done.