Reviews for An Organ of Fire
Joe Lawyer chapter 14 . 9/6/2011
Lol oh lord. It was so painfully obvious Sirius was replaced with ployjuice last chapter. I know this was last written in '03 but I think I view Harry and hermione as smart enough to recognize it. I was shouting in my head for them to stun him and wait an hour. So far I haven't even seen much magical prowess from Harry yet.
Joe Lawyer chapter 11 . 9/6/2011
There is a sweetness to Harry and Hermiones love for one another. They are perfect for each other. The true love of each others life. It's a very mature view on relationships for someone writing in their 20s, this idea that we can love more than one person and be happy with that person...but just not enough to ever forget that completeness that comes from our "true" love. With the knowledge of all seven books I've come to hate Ron, but even with that I almost feel a little pity for Ron. He always knew that his wife loved him. But at the same time she would always love Harry a bit more. With a greater passion. A little bit better fit. That they were truly meant for each other. It's hard to convey that so clearly. Excellent work.
Joe Lawyer chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
I don’t often read much fanfiction with a great deal of angst in them. But from time to time I have, sometimes quite accidentally. This story definitely ramps up the angst in Harry’s life to some messed up proportions.

I think what you’ve just described here is Harry’s definition of hell. Finding out he has a son that he has had no hand in raising? Absent during his whole life? To an orphan that’s a nightmare he’s had for the whole of his life. He grew up wanting love and family and everything he didn’t have as a child. Only to return and find out another man has filled that role for him? Wow…I certainly understand Hermione’s perspective. Harry did leave and didn’t open her letters. But please, are you telling me in the magical world Harry wasn’t able to be located by magical means? That smartass Hermione couldn’t locate him? Stop thinking like a muggle. Even if Harry took measures to prevent his location via scrying or whatever, it couldn’t have been something he maintained for 10 years straight or something that Hermione couldn’t overcome. It’s impossible. And frankly, if he’s had intermittent contact with the Weasley brothers how on Earth didn’t this come up? Oh Harry, you have a son. He would have been back in seconds.

Dumbledore thought the “power he knows not” was Harry’s capacity to love. Yet he stuck him with the Dursleys, where Harry did not know love, never experienced it at all during those incredibly formative years. Dumbledore virtually replicated Voldemort’s childhood, minus the orphanage. At least if Harry experienced neglect and no love in an orphanage, it wouldn’t have been personal, the people doing it wouldn’t have been family, or taken a perverse pleasure in it. Harry’s childhood did make him a survivor though. It inured him to hardship and made him feel worthless enough to sacrifice himself for others at the drop of a hat. Dumbledore prepared him for a destiny of confrontation and almost certain death at the hands of Voldemort. A required death if you take into account the horcruxes (obviously not relevant for when this story was written). It was a childhood to fulfill a purpose. But what in Harry’s life gave him the emotional strength to survive after his purpose was fulfilled. To us running was stupid, to leave behind the love of his life, but most of us haven’t lived like Harry. What do you do when your whole life has been purposely designed for one end, and then suddenly the end is achieved? What do you do now?

This story sets up something I find so cruel. Harry’s personal hell on Earth. As if he hasn’t suffered enough. Even Ron’s death which opens up the possibility of Harry getting back in Hermione’s life is filled with angst. Some part of him must feel relieved Ron is dead. Out of the way. And another part is horrified that he thought that.

Lol, it’s silly to feel this strongly and more so to write a review for a story last updated 8 years ago! So this little blurb is for any reader who actually looks at reviews to see if they want to read a story. Be prepared for some serious angst. If that isn’t your thing, move on.
IssaBissa chapter 25 . 6/16/2011
Stumbled across this story rather randomly today and decided to give it a read. I have to say that it was pretty well written. And for how long ago it was written you weren't too terribly off base.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 8 . 8/12/2010
Oh, my. The little annoying fly became a scorpion. Interesting.

CT
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 5 . 8/12/2010
Interesting story.

CT
Insanelyinlovewithwilliam chapter 25 . 5/25/2010
Here's the second one as promised! That was such an enjoyable story. I loved everything about it- well except Ron being dead but you can't have it all right? Even having actually read the entire series your story isn't fantastic or unbelievable. Yes it did get turned on it's head, but I loved your version as much as I loved the original! And out of curiosity, what did you think of the canon ending? I have no idea how you'd ever reply to this -maybe a note on your profile? (Getting too hopeful aren't I?) .

Seven years late this review is, but hope it's as welcome as the rest were. Your story was just brilliant.

IILWW
Insanelyinlovewithwilliam chapter 17 . 5/25/2010
Omg! The last line was simply inspired! "Ridding the world of Voldemort had been necessary. Destroying Draco Malfoy would simply be a pleasure." Bloody brilliant! Sorry to review so late into the story, but I've been too involved so far. This line just had me floored so I thought I should pay my respects and what not.

I'll review again at the end if you don't mind.

IILWW
Scabbers1957 chapter 25 . 3/24/2010
THIS WAS A BLOODY AWESOME STORY...it goes into my favs.

Very well done.

Scabbers1957 chapter 17 . 3/24/2010
Young lady you are a remarkable writer, this has got to be one of the best I've read so far & believe it when I say.I've read alot of fics.

Well enough of that...on with the story.

WhiteElfElder chapter 25 . 2/24/2010
Nicely done. This was a story with drama, angst, romance, comedy, and fun. Doing a prequel or a sequel would not do this story justice.
Twylyte chapter 25 . 2/17/2010
Wow that was incredible. A roller coaster ride of emotions and experiences. Absolutely amazing.

-Twy
Luannie chapter 25 . 2/12/2010
by far the very best harry potter fanfic I've read!

that pretty much says it all!

I actually prefer your way of ending it to J.K.'s because I think the whole harry-hermione-ron-malfoy thing was genius, although during reading it, i was think "but half these people died in the 7th book"

Really outstanding!

Loved it!
alix33 chapter 25 . 1/8/2010
"It's not raining and it's not too hot and Grandma Molly made chocolate squares. Something to look forward to afterwards, right?" "I'd imagine he's looking forward to something more than just chocolate..." Lupin stopped, catching the brunt end of a hard look from Sirius. He cleared his throat. "What do you mean?" little Harry asked, curious." - Hehehe, oh dear...

"And we beat them by mile." - "And we beat them by a mile."
alix33 chapter 24 . 1/8/2010
"and asked me to pass the good news along that Virginia Weasley had her baby yesterday." - Ginny is actually Ginevra Weasley. J.K. Rowling said so herself, on her website.
1,281 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »