Reviews for Dreaming of a Family Christmas
Ani101 chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
this story is really sweet and so well written well done!
Ani101 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
oh poor Sam he really has the worst luck in the world...

really good chapter!
cristinaarmoahotmail.com chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
Hi Vonnie! I am reading your stories and my enchant limp sammy and big bro dean overprtection !. Hugs Casammy
TVDOriginals chapter 2 . 10/19/2009
i m completely speechless..now i can think of this reason why Sam hates Christmas. its amazing

" Sam Winchesters life had gotten just a little poorer for giving up a childhood dream. little did he know that years later under total different circumstances, the fear of loosing what he loved most would give him back the dream he gave up as a disillusioned seventeen year old."

this was the most heartbreaking thing ever..its perfect and true.. giving up on childhood dreams is not easy specially when it was just a small wish which he had to give up. aww my poor Sammy *hugs him*

u have so beautifully crafted the emotions and everything. i can relate to Sam so well. i m Indian and here v celebrate Diwali like Christmas and every year my Diwali is not that good. v dnt have family bonding time which i want it once. my parents never take me to watch movies or some family outing. now i have completely given up hope. even during Diwali and Christmas also..no time for us.

neways so yeah i can understand Sams emotions so well and u have written so perfectly. kudos to u..*sniff sniff* it was so realistic.

yeah for Dean to b with Sam when he needed him.. wished i had big brother like him.
LvSammy chapter 2 . 6/28/2009
Wow THis was really good. It was really sad. My poor SAmmy. But I loved how you wrote it. THis was really wonderful. I loved it. THANKS for a really good read. I love the protective Daan. Awesome !11
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 1/1/2009
Hey Vonnie, you fulfilled my Santa wish to perfection -offering up an indepth and beautifully crafted insight into why Sam ended up being so disenchanted with Christmas. Poor kid really did give up any hopes of a normal family life after letting go of the hope of having just one special day a year, and though he had John papered over the cracks you can see the rift to come.

And as I might had mentioned before you have a wonderful talent for pimping the limpness as portrayed in this story, so keep that those fingers typing. New stories from your pen in 2009 are eagerly awaited my friend. Rozzy.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Vonnie, this is the best Xmas present ever. Totally ever! And you did yourself proud in the process by limpfying the boy so beautifully, both physically and emotionally. It wasn't just the knife that did the damge to Sam here - he had put his faith in his father and once again has been proven wrong to do so - never coming more than a poor second to the hunt. Emotionally he is crumbling here, his own self worth slipping away as fast as the blood seeping out of his body. So like I said Vonnie perfect Limp-angsty Sammy, best Xmas prezzie a gal like me could want!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 12/31/2008
What a wonderful fic and a very vivid and realistic portrayal of why our beloved Sam Winchester hates Christmas with such a heated passion.

I'm always a sucker for hurt and comfort stories, especially when it involves a hurt Sam and a worried Dean (my favourite by far). You write with such detail and heart as well as capturing the whole Winchester clan so perfectly.

To sum up it was a pleasure to read and I hope you have a few more of those up your sleeve. Wishing you all the best for 2009. happy writing :-)
blue peanut m and m chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Hey vonnie,

That was awesome, a truly great fic that anyone would have been proud to recieve as a gift.

It fit well with the show, delving further into Sam's already disallusioned feelings about Christmas and making his decision to stop celebrating that much more convincing, whilst at the same time giving us yet another insight into the Winchester's hard life.

Great work.

Catch you soon,

Gill x
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Awesome second and final chapter! So glad Dean and John arrived home when they did and managed to get Sam to hospital before the infection became fatal.

Just knew Alicia wasn't cruel, but didn't expect her to have been rushed into hospital and the party having to be cancelled.

Good too that Dean and John got revenge on Brian for deliberately attacking the youngest member of their family, and guess the arson charge was the icing on the cake, though they had nothing to do with it!

Great that John and Sam talked and that Sam later opened up to his brother as well and Sam found out Alicia hadn't been playing with him.

A really great story Vonnie. Hope you had an awesome Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Finally got a moment to start reading this story, what with Christmas and having to work!

Poor Sam, things have gone from great to dreadful for him, his perfect Christmas turning into a nightmare. I'm sure though that Alicia probably told her brother to let Sam know where the party had moved to but he is such a jerk he decided to get his kicks, literally at the expense of the youngest Winchester. And how traumatic, when he eventually made it home, upset and bleeding, he found he was alone and Dean and John had been called away on a hunt. John probably didn't mean to abandon his youngest but, as usual, the hunt took priority.

Great resourcefulness of Sam's to straighten his broken wrist but unless Dean and their dad get home soon the fever and the infection from the knife wound could prove fatal. Just hope whoever was calling, probably Dean, is worried that Sam is not answering rather than thinking he is still partying, and persuades John for them to get back to Sam.

Off to read the next chapter now!
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Awesome story Vonnie and it definitely makes a person understand why Sammy is the boy who hates Christmas. How could he not after having been disappointed by his family. But at least John and Dean got home in time to save his life by taking him to the hospital.

I'm glad that he eventually found otu that Alicia didn't betry him so at least the emotional agony he was going through could be relieved.

I would also say that both DEan and John are damned lucky that Sam forgave them so easily after having his heart broken by the two of them.
Colby's girl chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Loved the story Vonnie! It was a nice Christmas treat.
skag trendy chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Wonderful ending; brotherly love with a dose of bitter sweet.

Great stuff darlin. Well done.

Kind regards,

ST x
TammiTam chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Again, awesome finish! Can't wait to do more stuff with you in the future!