Reviews for A Dance in December
yunadustrial.twifan chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
this was really good.
shiarein chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
.Your Ginny! O.O

That was unexpected. at least for me...

Before, I almost wished they wont dance
tvandel chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
absolutely lovely!
reviewer chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
You mentioned british slang a few times just there. But, um, I'm most certainly british and I have honestly never heard either of those before. I'm guessing you aren't british yourself and if you are, then I sure as heck want to know what part
abc chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
i enjoyed your story very much. your 2 main characters (cedric/harry) had well developed personalities. depth and dimension. the subject matter was kind of serious- and you did throw in some humor and sex- but you also treated the subject matter with a sense of reality and respect. there were many different kinds of relationships in this story- it wasn't just one thing or the same thing over and over. kept the story interesting and grounded in reality.

Well done and thanks for sharing with us.
Nire93 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
I love this llittle fic. It is just brilliant.

I would love it if there was a sequel.

Harry and cedric are so cute together in this!

Thanks

Nyre
Alec McDowell chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Nice little story here, but I have to say by far my favorite bit is 'Headmaster Firenze'. That would be quite the future. Can't even begin to imagine his start of term speeches...
MoonyandProngs chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
That was great! I loved that Cedric and Harry showed everyone that they were together. I like that Ginny started the applause.
mysecretshame chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Fantastic. Sappy with more than a touch of painful realism. Lovely tone. And the roll-out is totally engrossing.
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
That was beautiful. I giggled a bit at Harry & Cedric having their 1ST sexual experiance together in the cubourd. Almost "coming out of the closet". I found the emotions, feelings & sex to be very realistic to real life. I really enjoyed the whole story, & I started crying when Ginny started clapping. That was beautiful of her.

Thanks for this lovely story :)
TashaTeacup chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I have to agree with other reviews... this is just fantastic! As somebody has mentioned before it captures the struggle between them excellently.

Really well written, and mmmm...
redpen88 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Another old favorite!

i love how detailed ur work is!

and ginny has been redeemed

_

usually, i can't stand her

but, here

u made me love her
Rae Montgomery chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Ahh, this was such a sweet fic! I really think this is the way it should be, Hermione not with Ron and Harry not with Ginny. Although I dont picture Harry as gay, I still think that him and Cedric as a couple was really cute. This was just a really nice story about love, no matter what form it comes in, and thats why I love it. :)
cnor9602 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
You did an excellent job capturing the struggle that is coming out for a young gay man. I have someone in my life who endured that struggle for far too long. He lost some of his loved ones for his choices and it was a tough blow for him to endure but he is much happier now that he can live without the fear of discovery. I think you managed to get that across beautifully
Corinne Tate chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Normally I don't seek out slash stories, but having just discovered your writing I thought I'd chance it. Not even halfway through I was reviewing in my head, fearing I'd forget by the end. Too much to comment on, and all of it smoothly well-written.

I'm a little saddened that after all the amazing things that happen in their youth, they wind up in cubicle's - not even a nice office or a prestigious job title. But your story is grounded in reality and we can't hang on to the glory days. I loved all the beautiful little details; 'aware of Cedric's regard like summer sun on his back,' the hair on his arms, his pianist hands, his straddling the chair backwards, his chewed nails, cold hands...all those little things that never seem to get noticed, but make us feel like we're seeing the story through your eyes.

I love the way Harry responds to him, even after they've been together for so long; knees turned to jelly, fireworks in the stomach, captivated. Four years into any relationship we could all hope to feel like that, but most don't

As you mentioned in your author's notes, the break ups are serious and shouldn't be taken lightly. I was sorry to see Ron and Hermione split, but more than that, the way their relationship degenerated into ripping into each other. Especially if their sexual relationship was as intense as they hinted. It kind of makes Harry and Cedric stand out as being more sustainable, since they are still going strong.

I loved the talk Harry has with Hermione, and the way she forces him to examine all the angles to see if he's really gay. Their conversation is so honest and open; truly best friends when Ron lets him down.

And I know Ron can be excused a bit since he has a lot to deal with, but a friend should be a friend. It's very in character for him to act like this, but it doesn't say much for his maturity. Later when he knows about the reason for the break up, he holds it against Cedric even to the point of wanting to keep his daughter away from him. I'm sure real gay couples have to deal with this kind of attitude, but it's really sad to see. Goes to show in real break ups the friends often have to choose sides and that can be hard.

The gay sex came as a shock to my innocent mind. (giggle) Seriously though since I don't usually read them, the ins and outs so to speak, are unfamiliar to me. Here your details helped me to understand the intensity of the unfamiliar. The noises, the language, and even the afterwards kept it real.

I loved the awkward exchange of 'I love you's' that lead to the discussion of moving in. I got the pillow-biter reference, and laughed like crazy! If they'd been together for a year, then Harry has been split with Ginny for a year - not too short a time to move in and appear innocent. But it does bring up all of Cedric's worry's about losing his family if he's outed. It's not really his image or the press he's worried about. It's really sad that Harry's always valued open acceptance, and Cedric can't give it to him.

Loved the Yule Ball, your setting was amazing from the decorations to the band; masterfully done! When the big moment came, you did it so well! I loved how they are both concerned about others to the point that they second guess their own needs. The coin toss was cute, and definitely showed that they knew everyone was watching.

The comments in the crowd are so likely but so disappointing. No matter what you've done or accomplished in your life, people feel free to make judgments based on who/how you love. To reduce and define two lives to nothing more than a sex act is beyond sad. Which makes what Ginny did even more amazing. She's so courageous! Remembering back to the party where Harry originally argued with her. He got drunk, and discovered his passion for Cedric; she was angry because Harry didn't show the kind of courage she admired in him. I'm sure she's seeing the "old Harry" who has the courage of his convictions; how could she not be supportive?

The way their coming out helped the other girls was so tender and sweet, and the way many in the crowd applaud them is encouraging. Cedric's cousin also has a great reaction, and she too knows Cedric's dad will not accept it. So sad.

This story is so touching on so many levels. It's very adult and so realistic it's hard to believe it's about magic wielding characters. Well written!
75 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »