Reviews for A Dance in December
salty-sarah chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
i totally squeed w happiness when i read this. i honestly didn't know what to expect, and it just reminded me about harry potter that not all wars have to be fought with swords and sticks. absolute love for this. cheers!
o2b18 chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Wow, this is the first Harry Potter fan fic I have read- other than a HP crossover called 'Body snatcher' which I would recommend. I thought your fic was very well written, you really grabbed the maturity of the characters. I particularly liked the fact that Harry and Cedrics actions at the ball were liberating not only for themselves but for others too. Well done. Off to read some more now.
Rosiline chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
great and wonderful!

wish there was more.
clairdeluneisgreat chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Really loved this.
Alister Eternia chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
OMG I am in love with this. This is the first Harry Potter slash I have ever read and it was so freaking awesome! I wish you would continue it, it would be so kool to see how things would develope for them.

Now from a fellow author's point of view I loved the subtle way you tie in slight Twilight innuendos. I write and read Twilight Slash fic normally but tonight something told me to check out harry potter and by the gods I am happy that I did.

Well keep up the good work! I am off to see what else you have written! Love

Freddy aka Little Ali
Leighta Greenleaf chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Lovely story! Nicely written (and a bit inspiring too)!
amimochi123 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
1) I LOVE LOVE that their relationship isn't perfect, but is still filled with passion. I might be a little (a lot) jaded when it comes to relationships, but I really hate reading those 'too perfect' type stories. I mean, yeah, sometimes I feel like being a total girl and reading crappy romance, but I like my characters to be REAL. On a related note: LMFAO, caterpillar eyebrows. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

2)Interesting take on the whole homosexuality acceptance in the wizarding world thing. So many people write, like, half of their characters being gay, which isn't realistic at ALL. And it is a nice change from stories where homosexuality is just accepted. I do enjoy those stories, but I felt you including that in this made this even more realistic, and addressed a very real point. I also like how even at the end, the acceptance wasn't really fully there. The entire Great Hall slow-clapping would have just been too much.

3)I was glad when you made Ron and Hermione break up. I've never really liked Ron, I guess. He seems too impulsive, and the entire story really reflects the way I see him being in canon. Big!ups for single-mother!Hermione.

4)HOT HOT sex scene. I love that they didn't come at once. I mean, uh, cliche much, right? And I like how you slid that part in there about it being impossible for Harry to feel Cedric coming inside him. I'm always like, "Wha" when I read that in a story. Though I feel bad for Harry for being denied having a public relationship for three years. That's a long ass time. I would have given up! I think that that's enough of a relationship problem, especially as adamant as Harry seemed about it, that most people would have broken up after about a year's worth, maximum.

5) I also think you had a subtle, but interesting point about gayness. Not everyone is 100% gay or straight. It's more of a sliding scale, no matter how much people try to deny that.

6) I have to note that as Cedric is a top, I don't think he would be a pillow-biter in the purest sense of the word.

7)Overall, great writing, and I also have to note that I think the unfolding of the plot was well thought out. One of the biggest problems I have is how to reveal certain things. Not only just trying to get out of thinking linearly and telling the story in chronological order, but even when and where to say things to keep things interesting. Good job.
DeeStruction chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
i love your story and totally agree that love with any gender... is still simply love.
margindoodles chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
This was simply marvelous. I fully enjoyed it and certain parts made me smile. Well done and thanks so much for the adorable read. :)
DanceswithHippogriffs chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
i loved this. i was skeptical, because i'm generally not a fan of cedric/harry, but this was amazing!
Bufster chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
sequel please!
SeulWolfe chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Wonderful!

adding to my faves.. so I can read again and again!
fifespice chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
ooh i liked that
eroticfan chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
This is brilliant - such good writing and so real and believable. I love your work, only just discovered it and am currently devouring the novella where Harry uses the time turner. So expect more reviews in a bit. I do love your Cedric, esp. with Rob in the role. You've wrenched me away from a consuming Twilight obsession and into HP fanfic, not previously my thing but I'm now a convert.
Birdgirl204 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
This was nifty.

I'd never even *thought* of "pillow-biter" in the Twilight sense until your note on it; thanks for that.
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »