Reviews for The Reason I Breathe
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
Came across this again, it's shame you decided to discontinue it. Probably the best I've read of this pairing. Here's to hoping you'll consider taking this up again!

(...perhaps if you dig things of the sort, I can share with you something I found the other day that might lure your muse back... Hey, it's what brought me back to this section of . Just throwing that out there. ;D )
Benjamin Vesta chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Ah man. Gotta love Chrono Trigger. I haven't read the other chapters yet, but I hope to see some of Lavos and Frog. Keep up the good work, BV.
Vema chapter 7 . 5/21/2012
My Goddess, where has this fic been all my life? I adore it! I am dismayed to see it was last updated in 2009 though. More possibly? *begs*
Kasienda chapter 7 . 6/20/2011
Wow! This is amazing. I'm sad you have not ever finished this. Because you have really built up the tension and climax through out this. And then it just abruptly ends! Permanent hiatus? Very sad this is. I feel jilted. I'm going to write you a review anyway. : )

I love the first six chapters! In the very first chapter you immediately give us a huge preview of how much emotion you have put into this (Did you really imply that Dalton has forced himself onto Schala in the past? I love it! Would explain why she's so submissive and lacks some self confidence!). I enjoy how Schala has a brief impression of the personality of people based on their auras. You do just as good a job with Magus. He is determined and yet terribly confused. Even the chapters that are from the source material add amazing insight to the inner workings of these two.

And I love chapter seven! Its probably the best chapter you've written yet! I must admit though, that I feel there is a piece that is missing in between chapter six and seven. I feel Schala should be angry or afraid of our favorite magician after he had her and Janus pinned against the wall in the previous chapter. So before she melts in his arms they should have some kind of conflict or something.

And I assume you'll never finish this so in my head I will imagine that both of these two have had enough pain and suffering and will eventually find a happy ending. They definitely deserve it. Thank you for writing/posting this.
Marle chapter 7 . 10/1/2009
Please please please please PLLEEASSEE continue! 3
Javilin Yamato chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
nice...well constructed chapter. i can,t wait for the next chapter...may it come soon!
Anonymous chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
Whoa! Chrono Trigger fanfiction is not only not dead, but someone is writing an awesome fanfic for it?

This is one of those fanfics that just gets everything right. It adds to the source material in ways that are consistent and not farfetched, yet simultaneously doesn't rely on the source material to tell the whole story. I've been really happy with the atmosphere of your work so far. Please write more, and soon!
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 7 . 6/3/2009
good to see you're writing again. and damn you for the cliffhanger haha.

this chapter is quite well written, aside from a few redundant parts (ie "he streght of his strong nose") and the fact that one can sense your "kicking yourself back into motion" in the paragraph... your choise of words is superb and descriptions, for lack of (knowledge of) a better word, are soaring. )

(btw: my criticism is always meant to be constructive, I hope you don't take it hard or anything like that).

I'm really looking forward to the next update!
Final Fight chapter 7 . 6/2/2009
Hmm... Well there you go. Yeah, that's a cliffhanger alright.

I reviewed this fic earlier I believe, back when I had time and wasn't so damn busy. It's possible that I'm confusing it with something else, but did you change it? No matter, it's very good regardless. Far and above the best Magus/Schala fic I've seen. Unfortunately, because you're writing in an underrepresented fandom, and you're writing an incest story, you aren't getting nearly as many reviews as you deserve. But rest assured, the writing here is very good. Characterization is well done, and you keep a good pace. Outside of a few poorly chosen words in the first few chapters, I haven't seen any obvious mistakes.

I'll be interested to see whether you change what happened in the game to fit whatever idea you have for a story, or whether you'll simply continue filling in blanks and reinterpreting. Either way I'm looking forward to your next update.
Marle chapter 6 . 5/28/2009
I'm HIGHLY impressed! I love it! I cannot wait for more!
Javilin Yamato chapter 6 . 5/23/2009
i cant wait for the next chapter! :)
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 6 . 3/2/2009
Good story, will this have an alternate ending than the canon? Please update soon!
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 6 . 2/4/2009
the fact that the chrono trigger scenes were mostly unchanged made the last 2 chapters rather uninteresting (sorry, I'm just being honest). But that very fact also takes the schala/magus relationship to a new direction now, which should prove very very interesting. )

I eagerly await a new chapter )
Fenrir of the Shadows chapter 6 . 2/1/2009
Love the depth you give the scenes from the game. My first piece of praise is how you have made Dalton look like a real threat instead of the big fool the game made him out to be. I've always liked the guy the most out Chrono Trigger's villians.

Also, I love the interaction between Magus and Schala a few chapters back. The kindess he shows towards her really shows how the mage still cares for his sister after al; the crap he goes through in the future. Also on that note, I love how the relationship between Schala and Janus is really brought to life. It is just so sweet, considering the game gives them like less than five scenes together.

Congrats on doing this scene from the game so nicely. I've always wondered why never fighting Magus was an option considering you beat him once, at a lower level of strength. You pulled it off very realistically. Keep you the amazing work. I alost paniced when you did not update last Saturday. Writer's block is a pain the rear end.
Reishin Amara chapter 5 . 1/25/2009
wow,this was really good,WHEN is the next one coming up!seriously!