Reviews for Pain Management
Nana56 chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Very nicely done. I really enjoyed this whole fic, my dear. Don't you love that they have Bobby to lean on in times of need?

Also glad you didn't just do the 'happily ever after'-type ending. It may or may not be, but we can hope and that's what you gave us.

Well done!
vonnie836 chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Great chapter to end the story. Finally out of the hospital and at Bobby's place, both of the boys can recupe and take it easy under the fatherly watch of Bobby. I loved Dean shooting the bottles and Sam telling him he didn't have to give up drinking totally. I'm glad they talked and are on the mend. Loved it. Hope you will come up with a new story soon. Hugs, Vonnie
ziggy.uk chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Wish Kripke was going in this direction as he seems dead set on Dean v Sam, and I much prefer your version!

Nice that the uncertainty between the boys was resolved, and Dean's drinking was addressed. It may take time but you have faith that the boys will get their relationship back in line with what it was, though there will be subtle changes after all both of them have been through.

Love wise old Bobby, and though Sam and Dean can see right through what is is trying to do they are more than happy to go with it for a while!

Great final couple of lines, summed it up perfectly - Dean stepped to the side allowing his brother to enter the house first, pressing a hand to Sam’s back as he passed by. Maybe he could throw himself back into the hunt, try to make amends for his time in hell, and do his job. And maybe, just maybe, he and Sam really were, finally, okay.

A really enjoyable read, thanks.
rozzy07 chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
This final chapter was a lovingly told wind down from the angst of the previous chapters - as the boys return to their one true sanctuary - Bobby's place. Gotta love Bobby on how he reads those boys, feels their hurts despite their obstinant natures, and does in such a quiet and deft way knock their heads figuratively together when needed. All the whilst being that constant source of support for both of them regardless. And yay the boys talk, Winchester fashion of course, and you leave me with the hope that whatever path they next take it will be together.

Loved how you took this story forward to this point... just really sorry its taken me such an age to offer up my penniesworth and praise till today.
amyblair chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Well first of all - THANKS for completing it. You know how I get impatient. It was so worth the wait, though. Just like a yummy cheesecake.

I really liked the 'It was never going to happen again. Sam would do whatever it took to make sure that no one else died in his place...' I think Dean making the deal for Sam's life was probably the thing Sam feels the most guilt for. Ever. You hit it right on the head with that line.

As a nurse I have to tell you I don't think any cute boys have ever said "wave to the nice lady". That made me giggle.

Bobby likes his aprons. He's so domesticated.

"Because I could lose a quarter in those." Ha. It's funny 'cause it's true.

Great job, TraSan - really enjoyed!
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 3/2/2009
Gotta say Uber-protective-big-brother-Dean vs Aufhocker was really no fair contest cos' no matter what Dean will have one out. Has to, as his role as always, to do what he does best is to look after his baby brother, no matter his age, height or weight.

Loved this little moment when Sam one word spoke of his faith in his brother and Dean's subsequent reaction:

“Okay,” Sam said, managing the same tone of compliance he’d used when they were both kids, back in the days his brother thought Dean hung the moon.

Dean took a good look at Sam. Somewhere inside his all grown up brother was that little kid. He’d seen it once or twice even the last few months when Armageddon was literally knocking at their back door. But there was no way Sam looked at him that way anymore. He couldn’t possibly after Dean had confessed what he’d done in hell. Dean coughed to clear the lump in his throat.

And lets not forget how you also challenged the inner-geek in Sammy with that lovely throw away line about cockroaches - lord girl it made me smile such a happy smile. Now just let Sam get well again and the boys back to doing what they do best - being brothers.
Merisha chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Fantabulous chapter :) - loved how Dean stayed at Sammy's bedside. Wonderful brotherly moments and I'm glad they had a much needed talk! Thanks for the heartwarming story, hope Kripke does the same for us soon, the angst is killing me LOL :D

Hugs and luv

Mish :)
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 3/2/2009
You gave me such a delicious feast of brotherly moments that its hard to pinpoint my fave ones. Still having Dean calling his brother 'Sammy' without constraint or any hint of venom on his tongue was such a warm sound to hear again - so I plump for that! And I just loved how you amped the Black Dog story to some mega monster who just grows on demands to offer an even scarier challenge to our boys safety. Still a poorly Sam equals an ansty and dangerous Dean...so glad I've got the next chapter to sink my teeth into... Rozzy
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Gah...I've been so neglectful in my R & R, letting RL hold sway, that I find myself only playing catch up now. Shocking state of affairs from someone who so enjoys your writing. And what a corker of an opening chapter this is, with Sam calling Dean on his post hell drinking and Dean finally realising, a short second too late, the truth behind it and the subseqent consequences. Yummy stuff that has me hot-footing it across to devour the next chapter.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
This is a nice and cozy story that refreshes my hope for the Winchester brothers. Even if Kripke's going out of his way to set them against each other, I really think they feel this way deep down, just aren't saying it these days. And I love that you deal with Dean's drinking, which I've not seen anyone do so far but I always thought should be an issue, too. Neat job, a keeper.
babyreaper chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Great chapter, Glad that Sam recovered ok and that the boys relationship seemed to be on the mend too, Looking forward to the next update. Thanks...
darksupernatural chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Very incredible chapter. I loved the Bro-mo. Wonderful!
Scullspeare chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
“We look out for each other.”

An incredibly succinct way of capturing the essence of the show. Lovely job.

You also managed to address a lot of the issues brought to the surface in Sex and Violence, with the comforting and much-needed conclusion that the brothers' bond, the love they share, will ultimately win out.

Are you listening Kripke?

You know, if those of us who write these stories for fun realize that we, and other fans, need the boys to actually talk - you know, to each other - once in a while, you'd think the writers who get paid the big bucks would clue in and throw us a bone every now and then. Sigh.

Thanks for this. Twas much needed.

Cheers, Sculls
J.A. Carlton chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
oh this was frikkinawesome! I'm gonna hafta go back and read the first 3 chapters... man you had me on the edge of myseat, but now I need the back story!

Excellent work milady! is that it? Is there more to come or are we done cause we're okay now?

*gulp* Excelent work! Thank YOu!
carocali chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Congrats on finishing another great story! You hit just the right amount of hurt and conversation - like you always do. Oh, if these boys would just really talk...

Still waiting for a tag from you for Sex and Violence...*taps foot impatiently...*

:D