Reviews for A Darker Shade of Red
Maki-P chapter 42 . 11/20/2012
Is it over? It doesn't look over, but hasn't been updated since 10...
You know, this story isn't like Bright Skies; Bright Skies hurts because I disagree with your version or reality, A Darker Shade of Red hurts because you want It to hurt; and damn it it does it great.
Maki-P chapter 28 . 11/20/2012
Yay! Stories are finally crossing!
Maki-P chapter 9 . 11/20/2012
You know? The more I find out about Alex's past the more I want Wes and Eric to storm Time Force with every Ranger on SPD. No scratch that, with every Ranger in the UNIVERSE! Give the son of a bitch what he deserves!
Maki-P chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
Ben... was... 11? All those horrible things from Chapter 3 happened before he was 11? The... the pain?... the paralysis?... the addiction to morphing?... all of that before he was 11?
Oh God, I think I'm gonna cry again.
Maki-P chapter 3 . 11/20/2012
Oh God! This is WORSE than Bright Skies! No matter how anoying your headcanons are or how stupid Eric and Wes are, theres still a sense of optimism, of life; like "this is life, its not perfect, but its alright". But this? This is just depressing! And Ben? Oh God! Does he look like Eric? Tell me he doesnt look like Eric! (Who am I kidding? Of course he looks like Eric!)
Maki-P chapter 2 . 11/20/2012
Reading this 2 chapters haivng read Bright Skies (and therefore knowing Alexs story including the parts he doesnt know) is incredibly painful
Johnnie Zombie chapter 13 . 5/2/2012
Another brilliant chapter! I don't think Alex was OOC at all, he's just a well-rounded character. Ben was the only thing that was his, besides Trip and Jen and being the Red Ranger, and all that was slowly stripped from him for one reason or another (but mostly Wes _) and now Ben was under the thumb of Blakemore who, by the way, is soooooo evil. Of course Alex would break down and get all sobby-faced. I liked that he kissed his brother's forehead. That seemed very real and personal. I really should get some sleep. Maybe another chapter. Or ten.
Johnnie Zombie chapter 10 . 5/2/2012
I should have known I'd love this story as much as I loved Fractured Fates-and I REALLY, REALLY love Fractured Fates.

Your characterizations are, for me, the most enjoyable part of your stories. I was inspired to re-watch Power Rangers In Space after reading FF and found that the characters were so wooden compared to your interpretations of them. In a weird way, you remind me of how much I love Power Rangers even when the source material doesn't give you enough soul and pathos to feed on.

But onto A Darker Shade of Red. I'm never one to fawn over the Red Ranger of any series (except for Zandros because, well, he's just so delish) but you wrote Alex in a way that combines all the qualities of a great Red Ranger, while making him so incredibly flawed. I go from hating him to loving him in the time it takes to read the next line of the story. As well, you've expertly exploited the psychological aftermath experienced by the Rangers. It's six in the morning and I haven't slept, but I feel motivated to write a review and tell you how very much I love reading your work.

Also, as a young gay man, I really appreciate you giving Jen two lovely fathers. It made my heart melt into a big gay puddle.
HorseRidersHaveMoreFun chapter 41 . 4/2/2012
I really hope that you come back to this story. I really like it and would love to see it completed. Some of your ideas in this have helped me close gaps in my own version of PR and twist it so that things come out the way I want them to.

Your visions for this I can easily see as actual episodes of the show through your words and knowing what I do of the characters from that season and in the other seasons that you mention.

It would be a shame to allow this story to remain unfinished. Knowing that I have one of my own on the back burning, I know how real life can get in the way of things.

So please, come back and finish not only this story, but Bright Skies as well.
ShikamaruNaraKibaNaruChunin chapter 36 . 8/29/2010
cool
ShikamaruNaraKibaNaruChunin chapter 42 . 8/29/2010
... Just wow I have read fic - Spd fic and in it it tells sky was wes and jens kid just like people are saying it but i wounder Spd is also in the furture by going by the show but It leaves answers - Wes might br his father becaue in the 10 anviersty for ever red Bridge tells his story of how sky was protmted if you rember that ep any way great story hope u update next chapter is has made me cry
zarthor563 chapter 42 . 8/26/2010
still no update? Sad face.
HorseRidersHaveMoreFun chapter 42 . 7/11/2010
Really hope you come back and update this one soon. I really love it and can't wait to see how things turn out for everyone. Hopefully Blakemore will get what's coming to him.
Zarthor563 chapter 42 . 4/28/2010
Great chapter! I was wondering, most of Alex's interactions with his family has been with Wes. Will ever get a chace to bond with Eric? Also I finished reading Bright Skies yesterday, which was pretty awsome. It was interesting to see how that story parallels this one. Jen has seen the Ranger memorial, will the other Timeforce Rangers get to? Also, I read in Bright Skies that Ben is cremated in the past. But so far, he doesn't seem to be suffereing any backlash from the Quantum morpher. While I hate the idea of him dying, I'd really like to see how that plays out.
DyingInnocence chapter 28 . 3/6/2010
I may have missed it but I thought Ben died in the prison?
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »