Reviews for Kerning
Destenys Angel Pyra chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Perfect!

I'm ahuge fan of the manipulations not the actual slash of this paaring and your story was brilliant :)
Estora chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Holy crap, pronker, this is SCARY.

And I love it. I absolutely, fucking love it. Everything was utterly perfect - Palpatine is so slimy, so subtle and indoctrinating. You've helped make him my favourite character.

Brilliant piece. Thanks for writing!

xx
What-Ansketil-Did-Next chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh...oh... wow. This is just... oh wow. Your descriptions were simply mouth-watering. It felt like I myself was dining on such rare fare as the characters themselves.

Such phrases as: "Palpatine's voice was septsilk draped over duranium" were just magic. And the whole almost Athenian take on love and Beauty was awesome.

You are a five star chef!
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
I was delighted to see this appear on the radar:) My favourite pairing, and so rare to see a new story appear featuring them in a less than antagonistic scenario!

The story itself was written in a delightfully insidious manner-one did get the feeling of what Palpatine was driving at very early on, but never did he actually speak the words, which was wonderfully subtle! Anakin was also given his fair share of intelligence and perception-something that many authors deny him at this stage in his career! Both characters were portrayed with sensitivity and insight. I also loved the mention of an earlier marriage for Palpatine-it fills out his background more, and it seems plausible to me that he could have attempted such a marriage in his past, whether because he genuinely wanted companionship, or because he wished a trophy to augment his 'kindly Senator' image.

The notes regarding the Mon Cal opera were dreadfully fascinating-I did enjoy the manner in which you transposed traditionally operatic designations (voice types, etc) onto a more physical art form which tends to be generally portrayed as ballet in most fics. Clever work here, thinking outside of our own frame of Earthly reference.

Finally, though I was uncertain as to how appropriate the opening line of your story was, Palpatine's closing line made it absolutely delightful, and absolutely worth it.

Thanks for this.