Reviews for Cody's Wish
poodlelover152 chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
OMG that made me cry like my face is wet not many stories do that to me you are 1 of 2 who did that the story you wrote should get a reward it was so sweet amazing job
owlhero chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
The sonf lyrics are almost like a life lesson about living life to the fullest.

I can see Zack believing in wishes since he seemed like a dreamer on occassion while Cody was too logical. Zack's explanation of dreams makes sense. Especially since it requires effort to succeed. I mean that's no way I think things could happen without at least trying to do it.

Cody's promise to Zack matches that as well considering what's the point of getting a second chance if you change into something worse than you were before.

Comparing the time shift to a static shock was creative. You at least give everyone an idea of what it felt like.

But I love hw you make the readers' heart go faster by not making it so easy on Cody to achieve his wish in the first place. I can see why Zack would get annoyed at Cody for some things. he did in the show. I love the words Zack uses, its so him.

At first I was confused by Cody pushing Zack away from him. Then I realized he could have been bracing himself for his own pain coming back. His own dream belief a part of his core.

I kind of hoped the new timeline would erase the pain of his old memories. That would make it perfect.
owlhero chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
The lyrics at the top make it seem Cody has cut himself off from his past.

You did a good job of showing Cody's depression inside himself. His coldiness and anger at the world, even at his friends is sad but telling. He's so torn between moving forward and worrying if he would betray his brother's memory.

As for cutting, its a stupid practice. But I suppose if he fell so far than where you were before, losing everything you had, it might feel like the only way to feel something.

But what got me was the underlying emotions involving everyone else. ESpecially Carey. Her world being torn apart. One by a randon act, the other by a self-inflicted choice. I cant blame anyone if they would feel someone sense of anger or injustice at that. But the unbounding love she showed was beautiful.

I'm not surprised Cody exploded. Its better than the other way he was trying to do it. I just love how you put Cody into the spiraling tornado of unescapable emotions and how they changed him completely from the smart nerd he was.

What's so sad is that even he is tormented by the mere prescence of his family members.

I smiled broadly when Zack arrived. Whatever saddiness was in my heart was lifted. Sometimes I wonder if anyone we loved came back to talk us and we knew our own memories was torturing for making them sound so different in our minds.

Showing Cody's outburst at Zack was a nice touch, realizing people dont change so quickly. At the same time, Zack's reactions shows how human we have to be in the afterlife.

I found a sense of happiness that Carey and Cody found a healing connection in their memories of Zack.
Toothless' Human Hatchling chapter 2 . 6/5/2013
Love this ending much better
Toothless' Human Hatchling chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Damn you for making me cry. This story is so sad, but very well written. I can just feel Cody's pain. I don't know what I would do if my lost one of my older brothers. I know that I'd be a wreck though. Anyways good story
DrarryFan75 chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
Phew! That was better... Though I almost thought that Cody was gonna mess things up when he stormed off the bus. I still love the first chapter though x
DrarryFan75 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Oh my goodness... you just killed me with that, how the hell could you do that to me? I'm snivelling like a child right now. So very beautiful... Kudos to you on writing something so amazing.

Cody's pain and heartache over losing Zack, gah!, my heart just broke for him.

Amazing piece of fiction x
Pheonix Autumn chapter 2 . 3/10/2011

THat was soooo amazing! I loved it! :D
Wragziez chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Love it!
Hailfax-McGee chapter 2 . 8/15/2010
Normally I'd say 'the happy ending was very touching and good, but I prefer the bittersweet one'. That'd be a lie. I like them both the same for different reasons.

This got more into Cody's mind, and Zack's of course. They were acting like Zack and Cody, not an author's Zack and Cody. It was very convincing and very touching.

The bittersweet ending is up there with 'Those Three Words' by LightThatBinds. And that's probably my all-time favorite sad ending. I think I might have to start calling it a co-favorite.
Hailfax-McGee chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Wow. I realize I'm late in reviewing this story but, wow. You've left me speechless. I actually have to take time to collect my thoughts.

This was so real, so full of emotion. I could feel it. I could feel Cody's emotions and I could hear him talking. The last three lines almost made me cry, and I don't cry when I read stories. I'm not a big crier.

Still, as I reread the last three lines I can hear Cody talking, like he's sitting next to me.

I just... I can't explain this. I hope you understand how good I think this is. I just can't explain it, I'm sorry. You've literally made me speechless.
AngelaCoryShipper chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
So Beautiful and emotional :)
Filomene Hara chapter 2 . 2/12/2010
i like the alternate ending better
Shadow chapter 2 . 9/4/2009
I must say I like the second ending more than the first. Not that the first wasnt good as well