Reviews for The Voice of a Fallen Horse
LadyVanya chapter 2 . 7/21/2013
3 it is never silly to include a horse in your prayers. I don't know if she's still alive at this point, but I'm praying for both you and your horse.
Elvenprincess chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
Your inspiration Ira the horse was most heart-warming to me. It was also a very well pieced together fanfiction.
sidjack chapter 2 . 1/22/2012
Most excellent whump and comfort for the Mirkwood prince.

I really enjoyed this.

sid
Louiseoblique chapter 2 . 5/15/2011
Again excellent, I really liked this fic.
Indilwen chapter 2 . 12/19/2010
Wow, I don't have a horse(so sad but my yard is too small) but I can "hear" my cat's thinking and they are like brothers to me. I loved the part with the bunnies, I really think they would talk like that. You are such a good writer this was so good.
Agena K chapter 2 . 11/1/2010
Dear PeppyPower

what a wonderful story! your slowly peeling out Legolas's identity and his reaction to the trees and animals versus the healing ward was a master stroke. I love the whole thing especially Fin and Asfaloth in the barn and the epilogue about Ira.

How is that wonderful horse of yours? I definitely will pray for you and Ira.

Jude
True Colours chapter 2 . 5/14/2009
That was a very touching story, and I don't think it's silly to pray for a horse. I loved the atmosphere you developed in this short time-frame, and heroic Asfaloth, though I don't get why they're all so happy even though Legolas's horse copped it. Nice air of mystery with the wolves and who they were really after.

True.
Leggylover chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
you are such a good author when it comes to animals. And I like the way you have the deer talk. Very well written.
Ellynn chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Aww, winter. :) I love winter. And I really love your description of forest in winter. :) You may not believe it, but I often have problems with visualising things while reading stories/books. But this time, I had no problem: I SAW every tree, every branch covered with snow, every snowflake, cold light of the moon, I FELT cold in the air. You did a great job with your descriptions. ;)

The only thing I miss is a little bit more details about Legolas' mission - where he was going and why, but that's no big deal, after all. :p

Great job, my friend! :)

P.s. Ira is 27? Wow! What is average lifespan of horses? *unsure*
Amiable Loner chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Oh wow! This is really amazing! I've always believed that animals have souls and voices, we just don't know how to talk to them. My incredibly generous friend gave me one of her Arabian mares, Dream Catcher, Dream for short. I'm still working on making friends with her, she's as stubborn as I am!:) You're so kind, I really enjoyed this story, thanks for giving me a heads up about it, I needed something like that. I pray that both you and your horse get better, I don't think it's silly to pray for animals. Amazing as always! Until next time!:)
Nosterineth chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
I must admit this was totally different from what I expected after reading only the title. But the story is really beautiful.

I love the relationship between Glorfindel and Asfaloth. This special kind of love between an animal and its beloved owner always amazes me. It always brings reflection and inspiration. One starts wondering what their true place in this world is.

What else can I say? I believe, I know that animals indeed speak to us. All the time. People just have to learn to hear and understand them. You seem to have learned it long, long ago :)

Thanks for the touching story.

Oh, and happy birthday to Ira! (though I am a bit late...). I hope that her tendons will heal!
Kiddo chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
hi,

nice quote at the beginning. There is also a german version to this but the English one sounds better.

The beginning explains quite a lot. A fever….

“Oh, Legolas, you should have seen Lord Glorfindel! He ran down the stairs in his nightshirt...ah...never mind...in his white robes and he almost fell to his knees, thankful his beloved horse had returned,"

Sorry, but this made me really laugh…

For me the story goes full circle. It’s hard to describe what I mean…

First I wanted to say, beautiful story. But now I “just” say nice story, because what touches me the most is the note at the end. It’s really beautiful written, brings tears to my eyes and from experience I know it’s so true .

Greetings Kiddo
Jedi Sapphire chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Very nice. I just love the idea of Glorfindel and Asfaloth together... and our valiant Balrog-slayer spending a sleepless night with worry for his horse. *g* But it's so sad that young Thranduilion's horse didn't survive. *sniff* He'll be devastated when he hears.

My best wishes to Ira, mellon nin. I hope she's better soon. *hugs*
Grey Pigeon chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Why should I write words of critic, when you actually made me sit in front of the computer and stare in emotion? You deeply moved me. Again.

The healing part is written much like in "His life in their hands" - with the tiniest details. You used several names of herbs, which of course are not imagined, but they exist and have exact effects. It is difficult to find proper informations and make a research, it is not so easy to write something which really takes place in the world. But an effect is really worth it. I have read the story with pleasure and knowing that it is a solid piece of work. One knows during reading that he is looking at something valuable.

What was the most - well, disturbing - was the beginning, the first chapter. what Legolas was doing there and why? And why he had such a strong hallucinations? You explained it only later, which made me wonder and think about possible endings or explanations, and that made me eager to read more as well. And for the first time in my life I have to admit that it is good that it is so short - there was no point in making it longer, that would worsen the effect. And the effect is strong. Nina, you are simply a good writer!

I have a dog. She is a small black pekinese, and she's not pretty, since she has only one eye, (the second one she lost in a fight with a cat.-") but for me she is the most beautiful creature of the world. And she has my character. I was with her all my life, my mum bought her for me when I was one year old. I do understand what it means to have a special animal, because she was better for me than many people Thank you for your message, It means much to me. (And I would like to help you by pointing eventual mistakes, but I can see none - mind that I am not good in grammar... but really, you did well. You did very, very well!)

Grey Pigeon.
Charli800 chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
But, but, but, you haven't explained how he got there! Leaving the question of who saved who open is lovely, but, personally, I'm stuggling to believe that Legolas could end up near Rivendell in his state. How?

I enjoyed the tradition and I think the piece about Glorfindel was particularly touching. Even unhorsey people like me can appreciate the bond you have shown.

Spelling/typos:

"hurt himself with all the trashing" I think that should be thrashing :)

"none the less" The synonym for 'in spite of this' is 'nonetheless', without spaces.

Grammar:

Your prepositions were a little ... interesting ... at times. The only one I can pinpoint as being /wrong/, though, is "poured hot water on the dried leaves". That should be 'onto' not 'on', as I understand it.

I like the story, but, as far as content goes, it doesn't feel complete yet. It feels almost like there should be another chapter explaining just what has happened to Legolas. I suppose I should just use my imagination. Sigh. I did very much enjoy reading.

Happy writing,