Reviews for Just Fine: A Hellboy Christmas Tale
princessebee chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
This was lovely! 3

I think my only criticism is the guy who can lift four tonnes is not gonna strain over a tree, even a big one! ;)

But I really enjoyed this, the setting, the life, the love... how quickly his anger cooled as he reflected on what he had... which I think is very true of how emotions work a lot of the time... great story! 3
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This was very sweet, I'm glad to see that HB is trying to live up to his adoptive father's example by keeping a constant watch over his two natural children. He might not think he's succeeding at it yet, but I certainly do! Nicely done!

Weasley
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Aw...

HB needs some serious hugging.
theshadowcat chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Sorry it's taken me so long to read this. Very nice, but it seems that there should be more. Will there be?
dc4168 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh joy a new story from you! This is the best gift that a reader could hope for. I am always looking for new material from you and reading previous material while waiting.

Thank you and I hope that 2009 involves you writing more HB & Liz stories.
PrettyPopSugar chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
You really capture their family life well and the bittersweet feel to it was an added bonus. Thank you :o)
Jinx Author chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Sorry it took me until New Year's to get to this. But it was another great story. Hellboy's kids are adorable. And I like the names.

Keep writing,

Jinx
Lunnaei chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
This is a lovely little piece. To be honest I’ve never been the biggest fan of Hellboy and Liz getting together (but that’s just me), but I still enjoyed this, very much. It was well done and in character for all of them. I love the little touch at the end when Hellboy hears his father’s voice, and while he knows it’s probably just his imagination, he still answers, and it helps to lift his spirits. Keep up the great work!
The-Cursed-Daughter chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
D*mn!

Well, what do you want me to say? That was really, really good. Your writing makes mine look like kindergarten scribble! I'm glad you wrote this, and...well, all I can say is that it's REALLY GOOD!

Kit
LM chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Mishaps, chaos, and bad feelings-a normal family Christmas!

Starting off from Liz's POV and having all the "action" take place off stage is a good approach: it's pretty easy to picture what must have gone on, but describing it in detail might distract from the point of the story.
Jo Z. Pierce chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Merry Christmas, Beth! You know that Christmas Hellboy!

This was very sweet. I think I mentioned this for your Halloween story, but I loved the names you gave the twins, and it's sweet that they are so enthusiastic.

And I love that Abe is roommates with Johann! It must be a WHOLE lot of fun with those two. *rolls eyes* I can't help but think of a paranormal version of Burt and Ernie. LOL! Nice!

Great work!
PriestessOfFreya chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Totally awesome. Poor hellboy. He still miss his father, well at least Broom is still watching him.

Anyway, great job.

Merry(belate) christmas.
jelibeanne chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Once again you have perfectly captured the emptiness Hellboy feels from the loss of his father combined with the delight he has in the love he feels for Liz... and their children.

The characters of Trevor and Katherine are spot on in age appropriateness and combination of their parents genetics. The lil' bitty horns felt through Trevor's bangs just made me melt!

But while the story is compelling, it's the character study of Hellboy that you once again articulate better than anyone else. What could be a one-dimensional character is completely nuanced. A complex guy he is, with a heart as big as the whole Irish countryside they reside in, comes across effortlessly in your writing.

Merriest of Merry (belated) Christmases to you and yours.
Anonymous Howard chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Very nice detail!

I enjoyed it very much.

The description of everything was fantastic!
Zaedah chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
You don't know the joy that is a new story from you. It's like opening a prezzy and getting exactly what you wanted. What starts out as a simple Christmas scene goes into such touching territory and you give it such emotion (from the kids to the last cigar puff).

You know by now I adore your style and seemingly unending ideas. But it's the heart that you add to them all that I love best. Merry Christmas, Beth!