Reviews for The Lamentable Truth of Planning
renata regina chapter 19 . 6/8/2013
Fantastic! Happily ever after. You are so talented. I love everything I've read by you. Luckily, there are still several stories that I haven't gotten to yet.
lolita223 chapter 19 . 8/3/2011
Oh I loved this! The only problem was that I didn't get my english essay done. fantastic ending! :)

Congratulations on bringing 2 hours of happiness into a stressed student's life :)
Darthme1011 chapter 19 . 8/14/2010
great damn story man
Kay8abc chapter 19 . 4/1/2010
This has been my all time favorite "A Knight's Tale" fic. It much closer to the truth. I really enjoyed how it all ended. I really liked how you made Adhemar more human, and like-able. I really loved you shading of the character Christiana.

-Kate
Jolena chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I do believe this is more realistic than the movie, although I don't know if that's saying much P. I'm glad you address actual realistic issues, although I always thought that promotion to the peerage included lands and fiefs, or is that only for barons, earls and dukes? My grasp on medieval culture is rusty, but in any case, I like how William's lack of actual land and men presented realistic problems for Jocelyn and William's relationship. I always thought that she was too high-maintenance for William and actually made much more sense with Adhemar (if he'd get his head out of his ass). I like how you paired him with Christiana, since I always thought she was overlooked in the movie, and I thought the development of Jocelyn and Adhemar's relationship was extremely entertaining, especially the bit with Adhemar acting addled and lovesick and so very...William Thatcher-like. My only few complaints is that I wish you had fleshed out some more of William and Christiana's relationship. I felt like a lot of it was spent on tip-toeing around each other, which I guess given their more placid personalities, makes sense in comparison to Adhemar's temper and Jocelyn's volatility, but still-I wanted to know more of what Will thought of Christiana and how his feelings developed from appreciation to love. I can imagine though, that they might be harder to write as characters because their personalities and quirks aren't as strong or blatant as Jocelyn and Adhemar's. Also, I'd have liked to see more of William's father. He was a pretty cool character in the movie. Maybe I missed him in your writing or you killed him off, but I thought he was suppose to come live with Will and Christiana. In any case, I really enjoyed your fic and your very commendable attempt at a realistic outcome for the movie.
Bardess of Avon chapter 19 . 3/27/2010
I discovered this fic last night, but due to a thousand and one things cropping up (really, you'd think spring break would be *relaxing*), it took me over 24 hours to finish it.

And I am happy to report that it was worth every single one of those over 24 hours.

I was really not expecting much when I skimmed this fandom; I haven't watched the movie in awhile and I was less than impressed with the fanfiction. This snagged my interest, and I'm very glad it did.

You have a knack for writing the characters; they were so true to life here. And you obviously have a very, very good grasp of Medieval England, which an alarming number of authors, well...do not. The whole thing was very believable and, I felt, more historically accurate than the movie itself.

All in all, this was BEAUTIFUL; I'd never think of putting Will and Christiana together, but it worked so very well! Adding this to my favorites :)
alexceasar chapter 19 . 8/15/2009
This is the first Will/Christiana pairing I have come across and I absolutely loved it. The characterizations, familiar ones and originals, were so lovely. I really enjoyed how they got back to reality land (There was no way Jocelyn's father would have let her marry a peasant) and how they accepted the changes their livesended with. I very much look forward to reading more of your work.
gabbylynn chapter 19 . 5/28/2009
Awsome job loved where you went with this story and cant wait to read more of your stories.
Vegetasgirl01 chapter 19 . 5/26/2009
Excellent ending. This is one of the best stories I've read in a long while. Looking forward to more from you in the future. Keep it up!
Vegetasgirl01 chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
Great chapter. I just love the way Jocelyn gave Adhemar grief over not rescuing her fast enough or greeting her properly. Reminds me of the scene in the film where she gives Will what-for for not spouting poetry on demand. Typical Jocelyn behavior.
GracieClaire chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
Another wonderful job well up the awsome job that you are doing.
TaylorChesney chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
I really cant wait to see what will be happening in later chapters.
Allylynn chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
This is really getting good and cant wait to see what will happend next.
Lauren Grant chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
Love it cant wait to read up the good job that you are doing.
gabbylynn chapter 18 . 5/7/2009
Great job cant wait to see what will happen next.