Reviews for On the Way to Greatness
stylo1 chapter 8 . 3/13
its not all that different from canon other then being wholy depressing, in this story harry has absolutly no one even less then in canon. it hardly focusses on magic same as canon, even harrys electives arnt clear.
the notion year 1, 1 chapter year 2, 2 chapters etc is just weird but somehow you've managed its just not something i like or think adds something.
now where this story complete i might have finisht it but its not so im not continuing
Lady Mage chapter 20 . 3/12
Wow, this is such a great story. It looks like you haven't updated in a while but I wanted to write you a quick review to say that I hope you plan on finishing this story! It is really excellent- one of the best portrayals of Harry as a Slytherin.

Nice work!

Lady Mage
InsaneImaginer25 chapter 20 . 3/11
Damn, this is dark
Dugleik chapter 20 . 3/9
...It was kind of a shock when I realized the story was over, because I've been spending so much time with it. I'll probably re-read it immediately and be amazed at how great the changes are, and how much i love the characters, even the ones Rowling made me hate.
Dugleik chapter 10 . 3/7
Can I just say that I really enjoyed the first three years, but this fourth one? Wow. I love the little changes, I love the big changes. The new graveyard scene was, in my opinion a better concept then the book.

I'll read on now.
Unknownmusic chapter 20 . 2/24
I've been rereading this story for YEARS. Over and over again. And I have to say that it is honestly still the best one I've read so far for Harry Potter. Thank you so much for updating on your profile about the ongoing status of this story; it made me so excited! And hopeful! I understand real life is paramount though so I just wanted to thank you for writing so amazing a story and for keeping it in your thoughts.
tylermech66 chapter 20 . 2/22
and so it ends, without completion... sadness...
tylermech66 chapter 10 . 2/21
and so it begins, his path to power.
tylermech66 chapter 9 . 2/21
the cloak that hides from even death... it's a death curse shield isn't it?! :D that would be soo awesome!
Andrea chapter 20 . 2/17
What. A great story. I’m holding out hope that inspiration strikes and you post another chapter or two. Thank you for taking the time to write and share a great story with everyone.
Todesfee chapter 20 . 2/9
After finding this a while ago and finishing it now (as far as it is finished), I must say - wow, this is great. It is incredibly interesting to see how much a seemingly little change in the beginning can influence the whole plot. I don't even know where to start...
The writing is witty and sharp, it perfectly reflects Harry chracteristic humour, even though he is a bit more attentive which is actually a refreshing change from JKR's original. The characters are close to their original counterparts (except of Harry and those he influences) which leads to interesting situations and dinamics.
I also enjoy the insight on the Slytherin house, which usually gets bashed or gloryfied, but here it gets its own social rules an coplex characters apart from the usual "bad" and/or "mysterious". Harry not only got sorted into Slytherin, he acts like one. Actually thinking before acting may help, but meddling with dark magic might not. I would love to see the outcome of this.
Actually I need to. I don't think I've ever read such an interesting, well thought of and well written fanfiction.
BreathingStar chapter 1 . 2/9
Thank you for that notice on your profile.
This story is dear to my heart, too. To the point where I look forward to all the things happening later when I begin to reread, can quote things by heart and have to wonder whether they aren't Canon.
Seriously, I love this story. That it is not finished does not take away from its greatness. :)
Anontbhfam chapter 20 . 2/7
Wow, that scene with Malfoy was fucking brutal.

Man, what can I tell you - I don't even like Harry Potter (or JKR for that matter) but this story was quite phat as the kids say nowadays. Seriously, fam, good job. Looking forward to the update that will come in the near future, hopefully.
laplankaestasmola chapter 1 . 2/6
First, I guess blhuez critics don't make much sense... Potter fandom got great grammer..." is just one of multiple highly generalized statements which are not funded in any way.

But she has, of course, a point when saying that a lot of Harry Potter fanfictions are highly repetetive, but I think that goes for fandom-fanfictions in general, since they are based on a predefined plot. Writers have two choices in handling this problem: Divert from the predefined plot as much as possible or sum up the known parts and go into depth once the plot has been altered enough to be considered completely new. The author of this fanfiction chose the latter and did so perfectly. Every time I began to think that I'd know what was coming, the paragraph ended and some time was skipped. I was entertained this whole fanfiction and am really sad it ended this abruptly. There were some really original ideas in there and the characters were extremely well written. It was awesome to see the differences in their development, all based on a small alteration in the beginning. I enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks for writing it.
3,638 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »