Reviews for On the Way to Greatness
DarkAngel chapter 10 . 5/8
Done with year 4!
Ah, things are getting really interesting. This is why I wanted Rowling to write maybe just one Novel about how things would have gone if Harry had been sorted into Slytherin, how he would defend himself among the snakes after the return of the Dark Lord. Since she doesn't seem to be interested I'll make do with this. I just love that you are keeping the Slytherins in character especially Harry's friends.
DarkAngel chapter 9 . 5/8
Omg, this is getting better and better!
I truly underestimated this fanfic but honestly the first chapter was a little tedious but now this! The part with Moody was just ingenious, and how Harry handled the second and third task, he is really becoming a Slytherin (and saving lives without knowing it). I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil anything for new readers. Being sorted into Slytherin has really made him smarter. I can't wait to start the next chapter and again I'm pleased that you have lengthened the chapters.
I'll keep reviewing whenever I see fit, I'm honestly surprised that such a good fiction has so relatively few reviews but it maybe because you have posted a revised version.
DarkAngel chapter 8 . 5/8
Ah, I love how you have increased the interaction between the characters. I really like Blaise and Millie now. That conversation between Draco and Harry was great too!
I also find it interesting that you have introduced Luna sooner than Canon and that Harry has a different partner for the ball. Let's see how that will turn out.
DarkAngel chapter 6 . 5/7
Done with year 3!
I'm glad that you devote more than one chapter to the whole year now! That way we can see more of your take on the story. I have to say how realistic your depiction of Harry in Slytherin is and that's what distinguishes your story from others and it's what I like about it too. I would still prefer more interaction with the other characters as it is quite limited so far. As mentioned before it's more like scratching the surface.
At the end of year 3, you should have mentioned that Lupin has left the because of his condition and maybe Harry should have confronted him about it if he wasn't ready to tell Harry.
I'm off to year 4 now
DarkAngel chapter 3 . 5/6
I'm happy you devoted two chapters to the second year, pushing everything into one chapter only scratches the surface. I don't really know what to think about a Slytherin summoning Godric's sword...you need to show true bravery but would the sword really be summoned by a brave Slytherin given the enmity of the two houses?
You also mentioned Sirius Black and that Harry is aware of his imprisoned godfather. I'm curious about the coming year.
I really like your fiction especially because the characters are mostly true to canon but I would have preferred if you had more chapters for each year and put some more original ideas in. Currently it's like you have only summarized the story.
DarkAngel chapter 1 . 5/6
So, I just finished reading the first chapter and I actually liked it until I reached the end.
You managed to portray Harry in Slytherin quite well with him trying to stay out of trouble and not having lots or any friends but you left all the action out.
He didn't look for the philosopher's stone and didn't meet Voldemort, what happened?
You started very realistically but Harry is very dormant in this fic otherwise it would have been great. You kept Snape and the Slytherins in character unlike some other fics in which they turn to mush and all students are best friends with Harry. You actually put out a very realistic scenario but you threw out all the action.
You could have him befriend Hermione and Neville enough to join him in the original plot or one or two Slytherins like Bulstrode. I'll continue reading but I hope you start having Harry more involved.
Btw, you should have written something more about his talent for flying, the possibility of him becoming the seeker but Snape refusing to accept him on the team under the pretense that he's too young ( but in reality he just wouldn't want another James Potter)
Ptolemys pyjamas chapter 7 . 5/3
Nobody is on the path to greatness as best as I can tell. This is a Harry in Slytherin story where Harry lives in the dungeons, has slightly better grades and Ron is replaced by Neville.

It's well written but has very few plot deviations from canon till end of book 3.
notarowboat chapter 1 . 5/1
I was so sad to see this wasn't completed and then I saw your profile page. Thanks for not giving up on this fic. I will keep it in my follows indefinitely.
GoldNiffler1996 chapter 1 . 4/26
'There was a reason, after all, why Harry Potter started going to the library in his second week of school.'
I love this version of Harry
very well written, by far the most interesting and in-character dark harry i’ve read. you have a gift for this stuff. please, please continue it!
Ya I’m dropping this, there’s nothing going for the story. He’s not a slytherian nothing about his personality says otherwise he doesn’t have a shred of cunning, ambition, or subtlety he’s basically idiotic. The pacing is not existent and you don’t involve anyone interesting. If you had a shred of creativity you would involve people like Daphne and Tracy. You could actually play th is story out like a slytherian and still involve him with the base plot.
Holy shit it is one of the most childish things ever to start saying that Sirius should only have escaped for us godfather responsibilities. He’s been tortured by domentors for 12 years and the only way to don’t kill yourself is by obsessions. Obsessing over his love and care for harry wouldn’t work cause that would be eaten. Obsessing about revenge and hatred though would work.
I hate how you’ve driven the story, harry in slytherian would be completely different. That he initially felt harry deserved to be in slytherian if harry didn’t beg to be anywhere else that’s where he’d have gone. From this we can basically see that harry was denying who he really is to fit in and have friends amongst his peers. Slytherian didn’t mean blood superiority but cunning, ambition, and caution so far you’ve basically just don’t a gryffendor in slytherian and refused to write a slytherian.
Jaezmyn chapter 6 . 4/21
Being told is all Harry had about Sirius though, from the very beginning. So being told about his innocence shouldn't be all that different. Also, the fact that despite 'being insane', Sirius not attacking Harry should've been jarring, not something that should've been so easily overlooked by Harry. And Harry hardly ever put much stock in pride, so his 'weakest' moment is not so significant in the face of all the revelations.

And I do agree with Harry that Lupin should've tried harder to have come clean to him sooner, but that's the author's choice and I'd like to know how this decision would play out in the later chapters, maybe.
Quarkie chapter 20 . 4/17