Reviews for Confessions of a Truth
CiderDrinker chapter 1 . 5/2
OK, I think I must have missed this the first time around, or at least most of the chapters, because I came on here to read some old fanfics and to my happy surprise found one of 20 chapters that I did not remember encountering before!

Firstly, my apologies for not reading/ reviewing earlier, but you know, better ummm... 6 years late than never! I really enjoyed this, it's a very interesting take on Merlin and Frik's conversation about the tale being "not how it really happened", and it's a much more satisfying take than the one offered up in the novelisation (the suggestion there being that the events of the film are true, but in recounting them, Merlin leaves Mab out completely, which doesn't really tie in with the miniseries where some of Merlin's "storytelling" voice overs explicitly mention Mab). It's a more sympathetic take on Mab, but without making her entirely faultless. The only part of the film it doesn't really fit in with at all is Merlin and Nimue meeting again post-story, but I can accept that this is an Alternate Universe take.

One question I do have (and apologies if it was covered in the story) is that Merlin mentions that in the final battle that he "still believed" Mab to be guilty of the murder of their son- implying that he subsequently discovered that it wasn't true. It isn't really covered in the story if/how he discovered that, especially since Mab and the Lady were gone - was it due to a vision? Did Frik know, and confirm it to him at a later date? Does he figure out it wouldn't have benefitted her? Or does he actually still believe that she did it, and just forgives her for it?
Arwen17evenstar chapter 4 . 6/18/2010
"but it was rather inevitable considering the amount of sexuality Mab naturally exudes in the movie."

Hell yes! How does Mab do it though? What is it about her? She hardly shows any skin at all, but she has this incredible sexual aura anyway.
Bellatrix Lepus chapter 20 . 2/19/2010
Aw *sniffles* t'was great even if sad.
Bellatrix Lepus chapter 18 . 12/15/2009
Omg can someone please just forget, kill, or physically maim that bitch. Wow well done you go fic rise from me haha *high fives*
Nea-9 chapter 18 . 12/14/2009
Saddest chapter ever. :( I HATE the Lady, I really do. I want Mab to kick her a**, how dare that witch to take her own sister's child! I'll scratch her eyes out!

Really awesome chapter, the wait was worth it! Keep going my dear, this stoy rocks socks!
Ms Shay X Pear chapter 18 . 12/14/2009
Wow. I actually feel sorry for Mab.

She was always my fave character... and you've given her a humanity she didn't have in the film.

I also love your characterization of the Lady of Lake. Such a refreshing change to her her juts as scheming... just as cold and manipulative as Mab.

It makes sense... we are told so little about her... and she is Mab's sister after all.

Great job. Keep up the excellent work!
Nea-9 chapter 17 . 11/24/2009
Uy, I am beloved, cool! Me likey!

And don't worry, I'll keep reading!

Sad chapter, tho. :( I am not particularly fond of merlin/nimue but her words (that were absolutly true) at the end made me sad.

I can't wait for the next one, I'll be thrilled to find out how/if merlin wants to confront mab. how far is her pregnancy by now?
Arwen17evenstar chapter 17 . 11/23/2009
Thank you for the new chapter! I'm still reading this fanfic! Is this really the end between Merlin and Nimue?
Bellatrix Lepus chapter 17 . 11/23/2009
Yeahup well am still readin and reviewin away to so speaking of, great update though I totally thought that monk dude would turn out to be Mab.
Nea-9 chapter 16 . 11/3/2009
Oy, what a sad chapter! Merlin is pretty torn right at the moment, and I am really thrilled to see how this is going to develope further. I am on the edge of my seat here, so keep going! :)
Nea-9 chapter 15 . 10/23/2009
Oh my God, that was bloody AMAZING! You are getting better and better with every chapter! I LOVED the conversation between the Lady and Mab, and the Lady being jealous of Mab because Idath loves her is a BRILLIANT explanation for her f*ed up behaviour! That was an awesome character study, and I loved how you brought out "the dark side of light" in the end. I am so thrilled to find out how this will continue, if mab is gonna get her revenge by doing something to Merlin...how her pregnancy will develope and what Idath has to say to this whole matter. Ah, bliss!

Oh, and btw, I posted a new chapter to my fic "black lilies" too. *totally innocent look*
Bellatrix Lepus chapter 15 . 10/22/2009
Gr ! Whether it's fic or the movie I always seem to hate the lady : Still can't wait for the next update :D
Nea-9 chapter 14 . 8/23/2009
A seriously cool chapter! And a very sad one, too, even if it was almost funny in some parts.

"What was the wizard doing? Casting a spell? Meditating on the field?"

You had me smiling at that.

I am glad to be reading from you again, and I hope there'll be more soon.
Nea-9 chapter 13 . 8/1/2009
Did you do it justice?

Oh hell yes you did!

*sighs happily*

Beautifully written, very in character, very touching, heartbraking and very very sad.

I really like your take on things, and that you didn't copy the whole dialogue from the movie - you altered it a bit, and that made it fit into the whole story very well.

I also liked that you continuously switched the POV, that made it all interesting to read.

So, I am very proud of you!

And if you'll excuse me now, I'll go and read that chapter again.

And what are you talking about someone here being obsessed, hm? ;)
Ms Shay X Pear chapter 13 . 7/30/2009
Chapter 13 was very well done.

A very important moment in the story and you brought it to life.