Reviews for Divine Motivations
Monk'ichii chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
You pointed something interesting in this fic... Really... Because we all know that Roy is looking for power, but a power to help people. But a man with such a power can be dangerous.
Anyway, it's written beautifuly, the characters are perfect, we can feel the tension between them and of course, allusion to the chess game.
Thanks for sharing !
RosaLui chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
:D It's not OOC by the end, at least. :) Still love it... there's too little "before Ed takes the exam" fiction. Also, the Ed that Roy meets at this point is a bit dazed, if "fiery-eyed" and intelligent. Within seconds of meeting him PROPERLY, Hawkeye will no longer need to worry, because it's quite obvious that Ed is not the time to be... pushed around. Ahahahah.

Still, love it. :)
momiji-k chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Very good writing. It was well proof read and the story flowed very well. This was god quality stuff. Very thought provoking.

Interesting take on their relationship. Not impossible but I get a totaly different take on Roy. I have always felt strongly that he is very sincere and although seems manipulitive (and is to some degrees) I never felt he was using anyone, especially those in his crew or even Ed.

But regardless of how Roy is or isn't portrayed I recognize this is very good quality writing. :)
MoonStarDutchess chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I loved this. The writing as a whole was entirely powerful especially the last line which really gave it a final punch. Wonderful work!
radcat38 chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Interesting take. You would wonder sometimes about the man when you see him manipulating all around him. You would wonder if you were just another pawn to him or something more. It would be human nature. I do like to think that there are many decent motives and a decent man in Roy. But sometimes he does make you wonder. I would like to see him taking care of the boys more. It took a few airings of the anime for me to see it all and when I saw the scene where Ed is asking to be reinstated as a state alchemist and Roy blackmails regarding sending Al to a lab...I was not happy with Roy. Now I understand why but at the time I was not happily surprised. Like what you did with it. Riza is a smart woman. She would have asked questions.
YourFavouitePlushie chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
This is such a good story, I can see how Hawkeye could relate to this, seeing that something along the same lines happened to her when she was younger. (Through still different to Ed and Al.)

Brilliant story.
x.lithium chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
'"You dont do what he just did," he replied grimly, "and stay a child."'

'She prayed that she would not be the one to kill him.'

Both very powerful lines that I loved. I'm sure there were times when even riza doubted roy's intentions, so not out of character at all. despite her loyalty to him, I think you're right in how she would kill him if need be. great work, as always, (:
Anne Packrat chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Good insight into their relationship. I think it's in character.