Reviews for Daughter of Númenor
canela chapter 13 . 6/28
thanks for putting so much effort into this story. I can't understand why you haven't got 300 reviews yet, because this is genuinely excellent writing and a well thought-out story-line, far beyond what one usually finds on this site... but is this the end?
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 13 . 5/12
Heart-wrenching and still lovely, the beginning to end I've loved this story. Wonderful work!
Vana chapter 11 . 6/17/2013
I am at my wit's end with this cellphone.

"There is." Said Haldir softly. The first period should be a comma, because the sentence is incomplete. Thus it should be: "There is," said Haldir softly. That is correct with this form of delivery. I've noticed this mistake several times throughout your story.

Be careful of using a particular noun twice, like pallet, so close to each other.

"In the confined space stood several Elves, clustered around a pallet in the corner. As Anária moved closer they all stood back respectfully as she knelt by the pallet."

It's more than likely you don't need to use it twice, but replace it with whoever is occupying it or use a pronoun like 'it'.
Blasted cellphone.

Even if you if it was dialogue, the way you presented it was incorrect.

"There is." Da
Vana chapter 11 . 6/17/2013
This sentence made little sense:

All that she had told Aragorn Gandalf suspected she never remembered for before she had grown to the age reason she had dreamt with her eyes open to the world and many things had she said.

With a little punctuation, you have this:

All that she had told Aragorn, Gandalf suspected, she never remembered for [being too young]; before she had grown to the age [of] reason, she had dreamt with her eyes open to the world, and many things had she said.

Forward, not forwards: past tense, not present. Readers are use to reading in past tense; present tense is awkward. Accidentally switching from past to present, then back again is uncomfortable.

Some of your sentences are run-ons; at least they feel that way, because you're missing commas.

This is not a correct sentence, even
"There is." Said Haldir softly.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/14/2013
You start way too many sentences with the word 'and'. That's a bad show my friend. In academic writing, it's a mark down. However, since this is not academic, a few here and there are dismissed, but one in nearly every paragraph? Bad show, indeed. They're not helping your cause, and you don't need them.

Gilgaladmegil? Arwen Aurëiel? I know arwen means noble maiden, but since there's a character with that name, wouldn't it be presumptuous within that world? I like the second name Aurëiel. For future elvish names for people, weapons, and horses, I love using realelvish . net; there you will find elven stem names, suffixes, and their meanings such as:

SilivegilShining White Swordsilifmegil

If you take Gail - Star/Bright Light (gail) Rin - Lady (rin) to make Gailrin
which would be Lady of the Star or Lady of the Bright Light, maybe even Lady of the Bright Star Light. Anária Gailrin who wielded Silivegil. There's other choices to make the names more grandiose.
Vana chapter 4 . 6/8/2013
Your story has a good pace to it, but the sentence flow is disrupted due to some missing punctuation in a few areas. It's not awful, but it makes me stop and reread to gage your meaning. If you reread this entirely, you'll see your mistakes, such as: "Now, even with the shitters closed the small plants leaned towards them, yearning for the sun." You see that? That mistake amused the hell out of me. However, it is simple things like that that take me out of the story.

You're story is rich in its simplicity otherwise.
Glory Bee chapter 12 . 10/12/2011
So happy I found this Sheila, a wonderful story and I am very happy with your characterization of Haldir :)
kurounue13 chapter 12 . 5/4/2011
Great story! and now I shall read the continuation of it! I wonder what will happen!
Ori Heartlyng chapter 12 . 1/15/2011
HI! I totally love this story! You're a GREAT writer! Please keep it up! I cant wait until the next chapter! There's this website that I came across that helps you with elvish, and you may be aware of it, but I thought it may help.

happy writing!
Pyra Sanada chapter 12 . 8/22/2010
I love it! Now on to the next story in the series!
trainwreck chapter 12 . 9/29/2009
i like it. theres a few grammatical errors but other then that its a great story and i love haldir. anaria is a great character. very strong. I love it
Destined Darkness chapter 12 . 8/1/2009
Omg i love this story, i cried when Haldir was injured, just a tiny little bit, because i knew he wouldnt die, but i just hated thinking he would, and most of all i hated how he just gave up, how he just lost hope, hope was with him, hope faught by his side, Estel (AKA Aragorn, AkA, Estel meaning hope) would never let him die,

Racheal, Grace, . . ( . .)
VeronicaD13 chapter 12 . 7/8/2009
Wow! Just read the whole thing and it was great!

I hope Anaria will give Eomer and his men what for since they were talking about her behind her back. what's worse is they don't even know her!

Can't wait for the next one! Going to read it now!
Myrle 16 chapter 12 . 6/10/2009

i dont like the end!

dont get me wrong, i really like the story, in fact i LOVE it! u did a great job. it just feels like u wernt sure what to do with the end, so u just ended it. is there more?

other than that lingering question, i love it!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »