Reviews for Longing for Love
Obsessivebookdiva chapter 7 . 12/30/2014
I figured that Ed would have PTSD. Speaking as someone who has it, scheduling things can help, but it isn't exactly always possible. Also, as I read this, I found it very interesting. Though there are things you should review, since ther always will be, it was put together very well.
xxnarufanxx chapter 7 . 5/18/2014
hey your story is great and it has already been nearly 4 years bit i still hope you are going to continue it!
Matsukaze Tenma chapter 7 . 5/6/2014
This is truly very interesting and heartwarming. Please update soon
Glass Box chapter 7 . 1/25/2014
Three years to write the next chapter? It's already been three years; where are you? O_O. Anyway though, good job on this.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I think this pairing needs some more appreciation. I really like it sorry if I don't sound good I don't really review much:)
awesomenaruto chapter 7 . 10/28/2013
NOOO! don't leave it like this! please update! i really like this story! and i want to know what was written on the letter!
Scarlet-Rose-Nightcrawler chapter 7 . 7/22/2012
Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVE your stories! You capture such a beautiful…feeling with your words. I bow down to you. PLEASE update soon! You're killing me with the cliff hanger. .;
DragonOfRuby chapter 7 . 4/11/2012
Its been two years. Can you skip the third and UPDATE ALREADY?
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
Another excellent chapter from you. It's so sweet how Hughes was there for Ed throughout his illness. You did a great job of showing just how critical this fever was and how Hughes was a worried father who would do anything to care for his sick son.

The family moments between the Hughes family and Ed is sweet. It's nice to see them doing everyday things such as reading stories, playing games, and going to the store. It's also sweet how Ed said he wanted to stay there until his next assignment.

What was on that document that contained Ed's name? Whatever it was he doesn't sound to happy about it.

I await the next chapter. You have done a great job with this story, so keep up the good work!
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Another nice chapter. Poor Ed. He's always getting hurt, nearly killed, or sick. It's sweet how Havoc took care of him like that. The brotherly/parental Ed/Havoc moments were sweet, but I'm glad that Ed is going home with Hughes again. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
What an interesting chapter. There's so much drama in this one and it's all wonderful.

What I like most about your story is that you take the time to let the story grow. I like stories where the author pulls the reader into the story, lets the reader experience everything along with the character. By the time I finished reading a chapter I feel satisfied and excited to read the next chapter.

The amount of details you include are amazing. As mentioned before I feel like I'm right there with Ed experiencing everything. The emotions are well displayed. The angst in this piece is fantastic.

So much happened in this chapter alone, not to mention all the chapters combined. All the events and characters build upon something that happened earlier in the story. Your storytelling is very clear and leaves the reader wanting more.

Now onto the plot of the story. I have to agree with Ed that Hawkeye did overreact to the drinking incident. The guys were at home and just trying to release stress. I can understand her viewpoints though, if something did happen to Ed it would be better for him to be in the care of someone who could help him. That decision brought him back to the Hughes house where Gracia can look after him.

It's kind of sweet that Ed was so concerned about Hughes' wellbeing that he went to the hospital on his own. The bit on the bus where he tells the man he's not allowed to talk to strangers is a nice detail that really adds to the story. I can imagine Hughes telling Ed about stranger danger. Gracia's reaction to finding out Ed went against her wishes is true to her character. Havoc being afraid of Gracia after trying to stick up for Ed is a nice comical moment.

Of course I love the ending where they finally forgive each other, make up, and HUG! I'm a sucker for comfort stories that end in hugging. It's so sweet. Good work with staying true to Ed's character by having him protest at first then gradually agree to go along with it. It's such a lovely moment.

Amazing work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 4 . 7/27/2011
Now this is a fantastic chapter. The way Hughes rushed into action and would not allow Ed to quit no matter how grave the situation shows just how much he loves him. In a way it's good something like this happened because it gave them a reason to talk and Ed can understand that he overreacted and can possibly give Hughes a second chance at being his father figure.

I like that you chose to have Ed stay with Havoc a little longer. It's probably a good idea not to force him to go back to Hughes' house just yet. It's also good for Hughes character to let Ed gradually work his way back.

You did an amazing job with the details surrounding the panic attack. Everything sounded real. Hughes way of dealing with Ed works well.

Outstanding job with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
A wonderful chapter you have here.

You are amazing for including the carnival scene. It's nice to see that Ed had a chance to act like a child. I love his cheer when Havoc won that game. The part about the Santa Claus at the carnival when it's nowhere near Christmas is pretty funny.

I love the scene where Havoc is comforting Ed after they return home. That talk needed to happen and it's good that someone like Havoc, someone Ed can trust, is the one to tell him how much Hughes really cares for him. It seems that Ed is missing being with the Hughes family.

Now for the elevator scene. Of course Ed would get stuck in an elevator. His cursing of Mustang at the beginning of the scene is some nice comedy to add before turning things towards the serious. Is Ed about to have a panic attack? Good thing Hughes is there. Even though Ed is still somewhat hesitant to be near him, at least Hughes will be able to help him through it until they are rescued.

Excellent work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
A lovely second chapter. You did a nice job with Havoc and Ed's brotherly relationship. I love the scene where Havoc is comforting an upset Ed. So sweet. It's nice that he offers to let Ed stay with him.

The scene at Hughes' house is heartbreaking, especially when Elysia comes out crying and begging for Ed to stay. It's so sad that she thinks he's leaving because of her. How nice of Ed to set her straight on that. Him calling her Ellie is adorable.

You have done a great job at showing Hughes' remorse. The fact that he's trying to keep from crying (and your way of describing his eyes at that moment is wonderful) shows how sorry he is. Also, nice details about Ed's medication. Now I'm curious as to what the second bottle is for.

Lovely work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
This is a wonderful first chapter. Nice work with setting up the scene. It's nice to see that the Hughes family is welcoming to Ed. While I prefer parental Roy/Ed, I'd love to read some parental Hughes/Ed anytime. The Hughes are a loving family and that's just what Ed needs.

Good work with setting up the drama. Elysia is a small child so I can see her stealing Ed's watch. She sees that he likes it very much and would never go anywhere without it, so I can see why it would interest her. Ed did overreact to the situation, but it's Ed and he overreacts to a lot of things.

Nice job with showing the tension between Hughes and Ed. I can understand why he feels he has to control the boy's temper. Too bad he exploded and hit him. Now it seems that Ed is afraid of him. I really love how you make it apparent that Maes is sorry for what he did.

Good work with this first chapter.