Reviews for Repetitions
Current Name chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I haven't read that doujinshi yet, but I will soon. Even so, this story just about broke my heart. I love the repetition, and the subtle descriptions that really conveyed L's heartache. And the ending is sad in a way. Bittersweet, I guess. Great job, I loved it. :)
BloodyLittleMinx chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I adored this. You had a point about if you hadn't read it it probably wouldn't make sense. I loved that you connected his first time asking and last time.

~V
Emery Board chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
This is my new canon. Having read God's Eye and loved it, this was an extra special treat. Excellently written and perfectly paced. Well done!
Rogen-chan chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Aw... that is a wonderful perspective on God's Eyes! I loved that story as much as this. (Which is a whole friggen lot, just so ya know.)
Jesi and Frost chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
aw! cute but sad!

_ namu-chan
shiroi-miko chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
... Wow... You've given me something I was missing these days: something serious and deep from the Death Note fandom *sighs*

Thanks to the alert for your new one-shot, I got to read an awesome doujinshi (I totally agree; that HAS to be the true end of the series) and the fanfic that you followed-up with was amazing. Beautifully written-as usual-and not some story bordering on a crack-fic, with plenty of depth to leave me wanting more while feeling happily satiated at the same time. I thank you for this reading wonder and look forward to others in the future Ja ne!
BeyondBirthday'sBestie chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
SO CUTE! AH! *fangasm* ...okay, then. That was so beautifully written. Oddly enough, a commercial for Benjamin Button(movie, just incase you didn't know) came on! I was really freaked out by how alike they are. Anywho, I love the idea and plot. SO original. So fetch.

-Kitty
Urae chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Wow... that was something. I loved that doujinshi, too, so thanks for linking it. I'm still impressed by your mad writing skillz(-is shot by the grammar gods-)!

It's an interesting thought, L being stuck in limbo because he fell in love with a shinigami. It would be a sad thing, though, because L and Light would just keep repeating the cycle for all of eternity. And, surely that would grow tiring for L. Or would he just wait patiently, knowing that he would again see Light?

Hm. Anyway, great job :)
sayuri2023 chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
I just read the DJ (Thank you for the link); and your story concluded it beautifully. L and Light's relationship seems to be a never ending cycle. Good job!
l'envoi chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
That was an amazing one-shot! :D The concept is very original and logical. If I were Light, I would wonder too. (But I would be a lot more persistent in asking. :P) I also believe that you have presented it in the best way. The time lapse is just...just beautiful! You were able to show how Light aged (and how L did not XD) very clearly. The ending was just heart-warming. Your writing style is original and very understandable. All-in-all, it just hits you right here! *points to heart*

I am in awe! You have so much talent! _

I am especially glad that you made this a continuation of "God's Eye". It is my favorite doujinshi of all time! I agree with you. It IS the true ending of Death Note! Now...all we must do is animate it, and everyone will agree! (*o*)

Again, thank you for writing this beautiful one-shot. You are amazing! :D
LazyGC chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
A wonderful continuation- just as bittersweet as the doujinshi it's based off of...
Hime chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
I loved the doujinshi you're referencing...one of my favorite DN doujinshi in fact.

I love how you took that scene at the end of the doujinshi and turned it into something foreboding, having L become immortal. I also love how in the end, Ryuk comes back to inform L of Light's reincarnation, giving a somewhat happy ending to this story that will probably never end for L and Light...

I enjoyed this!
hyperRme chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
I have God's Eyes saved to my computer but its the Japanese version and it didn't make any sense to me. o.0 But I really wanted to write a story about how I saw it because, after reading the English version, I was way off. I was a bit freaked when I realzied that you were writing from the same doujinshi that I wanted to but you did the ending while I want to rewrite the whole thing. XD I was relieved. Although, now, I'm not sure if I want to write it now that I know what the English translation means.

Your story was so cute. Poor L, stuck in a never ending cycle. It must be so hard to watch your lover die as an old man when your twenty something. Although, I found it hard to figure out Light was an old man. I had to reread the section to realize that he was, indeed, old. Good job on your story!
Elendriel chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
The story is quite unique.

I really don't know what to feel about this fic. Sad? Happy? It's really hard to tell. I think it's sad to see the person you love die again and again. But then it's happy to know that one day you find that person again.
The Apple's Pie chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Gosh... I really love that Doujinshi, and this is a REALLY good spin-off! Thankyou so much for writting it!
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »