Reviews for Cure for the Ache
patch138 chapter 4 . 1/17/2009
Even though I knew about Charles, i kinda wanted to see her with Brian...I guess thats how it goes though...and the next...
patch138 chapter 3 . 1/17/2009
I love Esme as a teenager...i wanted for my own personal thoughts something of her life before her change, and this is filling some gaps...on to the next chapter!
vss chapter 5 . 1/7/2009
I can't wait for the next chapter, I think you've done a beautiful job portraying Esme. It literally brings tears to my eyes as I estimate what is going to happen next.
Dravone chapter 5 . 1/6/2009
I'm absolutely loving this so far. Her dream with Carlisle almost tore my heart, it was so sad. Charlie's a really horrid man. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Acelinn chapter 5 . 1/6/2009
Yo, Cricket! I had such high expectations for your story, and I have to say, you surpassed them by a long shot. It was incredible. Just fantastic to read. The structure was clear, it was easy to read and very organised, which is always a must.

As for the actual content. Well. I think your Esme is one of the finest interpretations. Her love for her friends and for her life (minus Charles) is so clear and defined: it's so obvious that she truly does love passionately by the way you write her. It's a pleasure to read, truly. To Charles, however. In my last review I mentioned that I was looking forward to seeing how such a fine spirit was broken by one man. You completely surprised me. I've read so many of these fics, but all contain only Charles being a physically abusive man. You incorporated mental and emotional abuse in the form of blackmail. It made me hate Charles, but now I can understand how it would ruin Esme. Brilliant idea.

One more thing. The dream. That part actually wrenched my heart. Not only do you include Esme's love for her friends, but also for Carlisle. The dream just said so clearly that she'd lost him completely, and it hurt. It was powerful and special.

Keep up the good work! Please update soon.

Acelinn.

PS- I'm hopping on the Cricket Bandwagon! (And sorry about the length of this review).
vintage.elle chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
I love how you structured the latest chapter by months. It is good organization.

You do an amazing job describing Charles as an really ugly character.

That dream of Carlisle was utterly heartbreaking. She is losing him.

Please update soon.

(Gosh, I want to get a sneak peek of the next chapter, but I know it won't be enough).
Fanpire123 chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
yaay! awesome chapter! and super long too! how long did it take you to write that? anyway, love it and a sneak peek would be awesome!
Hawkins chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
I really feel like crying right along with Esme. This story is so beautiful. Please post more soon!
Teeny tiny Twilight chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
I'm so close to tears. I HATE Charles, and i very rarely say hate. You write so beautifully, i wish i could suck all the passion from your story and put it into mine. Actually, i wish i could copy it and then put it into mine, because lessening something so...wow i sound like i'm praising you.

The heck with it -bows down- oh great writter! I love Esme in this story, you have perfectly captured her love for her friends, for her family, for Carlisle definatly, and she has enough respect for heself that she doesn't come off as the damsle in distress. It's perfect. I'd ask for a sneak peek but i love the anticipation (it just puts the icing on the cake for me) and i wouldn't want you to try and hunt me down by just my name. Fan fiction won't let me sign in, neither will hotmail (sad face) :(

As much as i hate Charles, i also have to love him, because you have made him that kind of character who is so NOT the kind of character you roll your eyes at and go 'jeez, so cheesy' he has the right kind of mennace, with just the perfect amount of heartlessness. I especially loved the scene in 'the spot' where he just shrugged when she accused him of black mail. it's perfect. You probably think i'm insane now because i love something that i hate. _ it's a thin line, and all probably keep blabering on if no one shuts me up. Ah, oh well, if you get tired of me you'll just delete it, right?

Would it be over the top cheesy to say that my heart is aching right now for Esme? Because it is, i feel like i'm choking on her desperation. I just want Carlisle to swoop in and knock her off her feet (even though thats not really how it happens, but the afterwards, when they are vampires..._) I know i sound completly nuts and heartless saying this, but (at the moment since i'm not suffering through esme's pain now) i kind of want to see the whole story, to see all of Esme's suffering under the cruel hand of gray skinned, grey eyed, grey hearted Charles. Go ahead, hit me for that. I deserve it. I just kind of like to see the character in a low spot before she is picked up, so that the happiness isn't shallow, it's real and they can feel every moment, every layer of it. It's cherished and THAT'S where i can't wait to get to. The harder the times come on Esme, the more brilliant the happiness seems in comparision.

I'm so sorry. this is supper long, i just want to say in closing that you are a very talented writter, and i will always be a loyal fan, no matter how painful your stories get, i'll always be here, to cry on this end while you read my outragiously long reviews on the other.

Can't wait for the next chapter

Devoted follower of the Cricket cult _

Teeny tiny twilight
Hawkins chapter 3 . 1/5/2009
Okay, I have to comment again, lol. I'm completely in love with your Carlisle/Esme. They're perfect. I would be surprised if even Stephenie Meyer could write this story better.

Can't wait to read the rest!
Hawkins chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Normally I don't review until the last chapter, but I needed to comment on this.

"Not quite Miss Platt." -such a good line. Totally something I could hear Carlisle say with a little smile.
teamseth-justbecause chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
This story really tells a sad tale, and is not unlikely to have happened to her.
soccerstar12 chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
I love it! great job! please update soon!
Bubble Rao chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
*tear tear*

It's Gorgeous
Acelinn chapter 4 . 1/4/2009
Hey there, what a great story! It is, as of yet, believable and very well-written. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how you write the next stage of Esme's life: her husband, the abuse and why she doesn't leave him, like you'd expect. She seemed like such a strong spirit (climbing trees socially unacceptable at the time), yet she was broken by one man. I can't wait to read your interpretation! Please update again soon!

Acelinn.

PS- The chapter length is absolutely perfect. ;)
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »