Reviews for Hello, Operator...
Sandi chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
That is a good ending.
TeacherTam chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Wow. This was sweet and heartbreaking. Really well done.
HoVis chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Yeah... I always wondered what the various crew members said to their parents/relatives/friends/loved ones after they got that communications array up. Briliant.
BlackRose1356 chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
That was great I loved it. Is there more?
water babe chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
Very sweet. Love it. Actually I love your stories. :) Write more soon, P/T RULZ!
Kate Davis chapter 1 . 9/27/2000
Oh that was so good and so in character! I think all the fics that have something to do with contacting people from home or author's ideas on how they will get home are getting more popular as the series draws to a close. Well done!
kate chapter 1 . 8/17/2000
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Kalen chapter 1 . 8/13/2000
Sweet! I always hate it when people write Owen Paris badly...and you didn't. Good going.
Rachael chapter 1 . 8/4/2000
I absolutely loved it! I'm a big fan of the Paris father thing and that was great!
Jaclyn chapter 1 . 8/1/2000
Ohhhhh...wah...::eyes are really tearing:: That was so good! i loved it! so true...exactly, perfectly in character...i know that doesnt make sense but whatever...i loved it! keep writing!
Cleo the Muse chapter 1 . 7/24/2000
You've outdoune yourself again, PJ. This is absolutely great! Just the way I could imagine an episode.
Gracie too lazy to sign in at 1100 p.m chapter 1 . 7/24/2000
Good, great, fantastic! I'm not so sure the title fits, but that doesn't really matter, I guess. You did well showing Paris's thoughts vs. his spoken words, and portraying the relationship between him and his father. Great job. Now for my nitpicks-but remember, I don't bother with specific little criticisms unless I think the story is worthy of analysis . . . : ) Only one line: "The old man ached to put his arms around his son to comfort him." Although this is third person, you have established that it is *limited* omniscient-that is, the narrator is restricted to only one character's perspective, rather than having the ability to skip around into everybody's heads. The above line is presented as fact, when Tom couldn't really *know* his dad wanted to put his arms around him. He could hope it or maybe even think it so, but he can't know his father's thoughts. (This all changes when writing a telepath, btw. : ) I would take this line out, or change it to a possibility rather than a stated reality- "Something in his voice reached out to Tom, as though he wanted to put his arms around his son to comfort him." Or, "Why did Tom suddenly get the feeling that his father wanted to put his arms around him?" Etc. How's that for analyzing a single line? : ) This is really well-written. Now I'll have to look up the rest of your stuff . . . tomorrow. : )
Alexis Lane chapter 1 . 7/23/2000
I want to hear what everyone else has to say! Good job though!
Lyra chapter 1 . 7/22/2000
Dang, I like this story. You always do wonderful work, PJ!