Reviews for Something To Talk About
half-note chapter 4 . 12/12/2009
Interesting take on politics, it's very uncommon to find stories that focus on general plot rather than romance or comedy. This pretty well written, although there are sentences I feel should be rewritten for clearer expression. Sometimes being too flowery just makes you loose the point and make the reader re-read the sentence to understand the feel of it.

I can see where your Hanabi is coming from, however, even when she's mature for her age, I still feel she should be wrong somewhere, somehow. She's still 16 and stubborn and pretty much inexperienced. It's very different to learn how to rule and to rule. I also expect her to lose control somewhere, it's bound to happen when you act like that all the time, specially if you're passionate about things.

As for your Hinata, I'm waiting for her to bloom, to take a strong instance and stand up a strong case against her sister. Just like Shikamaru told her.

I really like both Hanabi's interactions with Konohamaru and Shino. Personally, I'm much fonder of Konohamaru because I'm more drawn to warm characters.

Continue the good work.
Randoh chapter 4 . 11/2/2009
Hmm... interesting. You write the political side of the story well, there are things where I dont share the same opinion on, but its your story and Im happy to keep on reading to its conclusion.

Just some thoughts, if you dont mind. For a family as traditional as the Hyuuga, having Hanabi installed as the heir seems unlikely to me. I understand that its an important part of the story, but its one of the things that came to mind when I was reading the first chapter.

As for the political side of the story... its good, but it feels one sided at this point. We have those who oppose the bill (Hanabi, Shino, Konohamaru), those who prefer to keep their opinions to themselves (Neji, Shikimaru), and those who support the bill (Inazuka, Hinata, Naruto, Tsunade). A fair amount of the story has been written on those who oppose the bill. Hinata's attempts on the middle group have all fallen flat.. Neji I can understand, but Shikimaru's was a bit bewildering. There doesnt seem to be victories for the third group, just the bone on the vote being somewhat narrow.

Kiba seems to be the most interesting character so far.

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.
AStory2Tell chapter 4 . 11/1/2009
This is a really interesting story! Can't wait to read more :]
For Spite chapter 4 . 8/2/2009
You do a very good job here, setting up Hanabi and Hinata in opposition while keeping both sympathetic and playing to what we know of the personalities of all involved. Your descriptive work is pretty good and your dialogue interesting.

The Shino and Hanabi interactions, in particular, are quite good.

Hopefully one day we'll see chapter five.
Helena chapter 4 . 5/6/2009
Im still supporting the traditionalists, which is unusual for me. I just think that there is nothing really to be achieved if the graduating age is raised to fourteen. Shouldnt they make the exams harder instead or something, so that there would not be any genins with inadequate skills? I just hope that Hinata (and Naruto) realise this and change their approach. It would be kind of sad if they just refused to give up even if they are wrong.
karinfan123 chapter 4 . 4/6/2009
Nice. Continue please.
top chapter 4 . 4/6/2009
The first two sections were very strong but the last section was a bit too flowery for my tastes.
ww chapter 3 . 3/23/2009
I like how this story is progressing. It's pretty rare to have a story focused village politics, and even rarer to have one that doesn't really take sides, but instead uses it to showcase how different characters think. I like how you've written all the characters so far, a lot, and am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 3 . 3/3/2009
Lovely. You've got a great sense of pathos, an unnamed burden that seems to suffocate all the characters. I like how you wrote around things at times, rather than giving them straight out.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 2 . 3/3/2009
Lovely chapter. I'm still rooting for Hanabi. Shino's POV was interesting, I'm glad he was able to pick up on Hinata's presence.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
This was lovely. I like your Hanabi ever-so-much. She's dealing with her grief by pushing it out of the way, doing what her father would have wanted. I'm not too fond of your Hinata, but that could be the free indirect style's influence. Strange as it is, I'm enjoying the coldness. I hope Hanabi doesn't fall, I hope she stays strong. Good work, creating such sympathy for your characters! Also, great job on creating pathos for a politics scene.
Cheetara chapter 3 . 2/28/2009
This is a good. In fact it just gets better and better. You have fleshed out the characters pretty well and the story is progressing nicely.
top chapter 3 . 2/28/2009
A nice overall chapter with the Kiba seen standing out as particularly good. It looks like Konohamaru and Naruto are on opposite sides of the same issue too. Will you be doing anything with that or is it just is?
karinfan123 chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
Very good. I hope Hanabi wins. Tradition gives you a column stability and strength. Change creates one that is fragile and uncertain, chaotic even. I always prefered the Hyuuga aproach. Now if only I could copy it.
Hinata C. Blue chapter 2 . 1/10/2009
I like it so far! There aren't many fics featuring the hyuuga sisters, and your fic is written so well _