Reviews for Anger Management
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2019
haha I was really skeptical at the premise but I actually loved this
annamccallen chapter 1 . 3/5/2019
Severus and Harry are correct they are soldiers with no happy memories. It is no wonder why they are so angry. I loved the story though it was a little dark but halliours as hell!
Temple Cloud chapter 1 . 12/3/2018
Aaargghhh! The worst of it is, they actually DO need to learn anger management skills (after all, the personality clash between them, leading to Harry refusing to co-operate in occlumency lessons and Snape refusing to go on trying to teach Harry occlumency any more, resulted in Sirius's death), but not from someone like Serenity.

Even counsellors whom I've seen on a one-to-one basis have have tended to resort to pat cliches like 'Well, your self-hating, self-destructive feelings are part of you, and in time you'll learn to love them,' (no, they're not - they are thoughts which I know are mistaken and damaging, which is why I've come to you for help in overcoming them), or ready-made meditation techniques like 'learning to be in the moment' in order to feel calm and untroubled (yes, but first I need you to help me to overcome the feeling that I SHOULD be miserable and afraid, and don't DESERVE to be peaceful and untroubled).

But groups are a lot worse. While unemployed, I was once forced to go on an 'employability' course which was designed to teach us how to compose a CV and search and apply for jobs (never mind that the CV I already had, and the application letters I wrote, already regularly got me invited to job interviews). The teacher freely admitted that she was teaching an 'employability' course only because it was the only job she had been able to get in months. Much of her advice was plain wrong (for example, advising us, if we were asked whether we had any health problems, just to lie).

What irritated me most, however, was her habit of responding if anyone gave a 'wrong' answer (i.e. not the one she had been expecting), by saying brightly in a jolly, talking-to-toddlers voice, 'Whoa - big smacked bottom!' As I had been trying to overcome self-harming tendencies for some time, this hit a raw nerve as far as I was concerned, and on the last day of the course, when she asked for feedback, I tried to explain to her that I didn't like it. She smiled and said, 'Well, some people like smacked bottoms!' So I smacked her.

Obviously, as soon as I'd done it, I felt horrified at myself for hitting another person, and I beat myself on the way home to punish myself for it. I hope she wasn't left too traumatised by the experience. Lashing out at people just for being irritating because they don't know any better and can't understand what we're going through is not good.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2018
Hello Emily,
I'm not quite sure if you are ever going to read this review because it is about 10 years since you have posted the story... But I simply could not stop myself from writing a review to you. (First of all, please excuse my English, it might be kind of wrong sometimes, but actually I'm from Germany... I was reading German FFs for a long time but somehow I started to read the English ones as well - and that's how I found your adorable story.) All the time I was reading FFs I never have found one so funny and witty! Thank you so much!
Kind regards
Olivia
snowflaker chapter 1 . 4/3/2018
hahaha i love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
LoL, that was actually funny.
Lucinda Hindle chapter 1 . 8/20/2017
My favourite line in the story - "If I kill her will you help me dispose of the body?"
flawsinthisworld chapter 1 . 1/11/2017
Why wasn't I in this fandom earlier?!
Argon.847 chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
yessss
LBibliophile chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
I loved seeing the way the anger management exercises failed utterly. I think I lost it at the point when Harry started poking his imaginary dead Dumbledore...
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
How did Snape not splinch when Apparating to Voldemort? Or was it Floo, much of the time?
Serenity, your classes are worse than Voldemort's meetings ;-)
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck, Harry, Severus. Look forward to seeing your future. Aguamenti was so Slytherin :-)
ZuzanaMalron chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
I love this, I'm really laughing so hard even now, ten minutes after reading this story.
Mrs. Florish chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
LMAO!
quztuk chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
Laughed all the way through.
TranquilTevine chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
Oh god this was so funny I had stitches for several minutes in a couple of parts! Oh god that's how I felt when I took anger management the end I managed fine on my own xD