Reviews for We're Caught in between Thank You and Goodbye
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This is really good!
Kyoshi7989 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
[Summer is ending and the things that she remembers are all the wrong ones; that spot along the curve of her hips where his hands used to rest, the exact shade of the lightning that pierces one's heart, and those two words, eight letters- thank you.]

SUCH a gorgeous beginning. Unbelievably so, really. Gaaah. I love this line.

"It's easy to pretend that she's not the girl who sneaks out at night to bend icebergs as big as battleships and stop waterfalls and geysers because she needs to let it out (she has yet to figure out what it is) and no one is willing to be a sparring partner."

Really original, but fitting description of Katara.

Also: love the title.

One critique: the storyline was difficult to follow sometimes. I wasn't quite able to grasp some of the reasons behind, for instance, Katara and Zuko's fight, and some lines were too vague for my taste. A little more clarity would've made the story even better.

Overall, though: great job!
Enchansive chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Flawless.
PeaceHeather chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
This is a pretty good story, but I first picked it up because it was labeled "hurt/comfort", and this isn't a hurt/comfort story at all. I like the introspection and the quiet humor here and there, it's all very gently done.

Hurt/comfort is a genre where one character is injured or sick and other characters take care of them. What you have here is more angst, definitely romance. Maybe you could change the label to fit your story better?

Again, nice story. Thanks for writing it.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
This... feels all too real. There are tons of Zutara fics out there, but these two people have so many expectations on them and so much emotional baggage & hidden damage that this is probably how a real relationship would play out. It's painful and bittersweet and leaves you hoping that something changes to improve the status quo for them... even as you fear that, because he's the Fire Lord and she's the Southern Master Waterbender and neither of them will change that, there will eventually be a Goodbye.
zukoisabeast1 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
this was very interesting. It was a little hard to follow who you were talking about at some parts, but maybe thats just me. I also kind of wished you used line breaks in the different parts of your stor to make it easier to read.

anyway I really liked how you portrayed zuko and katara. their love is subtle and they make duty the ighest priority so they wouldn't run away. I like how you showed them growing with each others help
Clear Plastic chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This is so beautiful. You have a wonderful way with words.
sableambiguity chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I found this awhile ago for the gift-giving thing on LJ and only now realized (yes, I'm slow) that you were here on ffdotnet. That said...

I love this. 3 Words cannot express.
helloheart chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Beautiful. Short, precise, and so very real. I truly enjoyed reading this oneshot. (:

old habits die hard

THIS.
eleventy7 chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Loved it. Short, succinct and absolutely beautiful.

You've managed to portray so much in so little (and...the first fic I've read so far without a single grammar mistake. You've given me hope for this site.)

Thankyou for sharing this fic.

~eleventy7
CoalescentDream chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Excellent fic. Beautiful, evocative and wonderfully subtle in the slight changes and progresses of a relationship. It was amazing work.
RicaNG chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
This is exactly how Zuko and Katara's bond should be post-series! I enjoyed reading this :) You're a fantastic writer!
Anise Nalci chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
I really enjoyed it. The simple, almost unfeeling narration by a third person POV makes the whole story dramatic, poignant and sweet. This goes in my faves immediately! :)
Liooness chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
loved it, but you might want to visually spellcheck, a few times i found the word in the wrong verse, sorry, can't say where, bu i loved it and how it flowed. great job
sweetwatersong chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
[They’re blowing up strongholds right and left and it occurs to her suddenly...]

I love how complicated and simple and twined together you make their lives; how even in these snippets, there's a lifetime of sunlight and heartbreak that fills in enough of the "in between" for everything to make sense. It's not perfect, because life -isn't-, but that last snapshot of waking up gives me hope that they'll make it work. :)

Beautiful job! *favs*

((Two notes:

Toph maybe Toph may be

something always go wrong always goes wrong))

[A truce is called.

But not before she freezes him to a tree.]