Reviews for The Other Side Of The Pond
Reven207 chapter 11 . 6/24/2013
Please sequel this story!
NarwhalWarlord chapter 11 . 5/6/2013
I enjoyed that. Nice job.
AD Lewis chapter 11 . 1/23/2013
A nice read all the way through, despite the very unlikely pairing :)
Azarune chapter 10 . 7/8/2012
I just realized, this isn't actually said to be completed. THERE COULD BE MORE YAY! Anyway, I still love this story, I enjoy rereading it lots and lots. Best wishes!
Azarune chapter 11 . 3/17/2012
Now we need a "Meet the In-Laws" moment with Garrus an Ashley's family.
Ted chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I have read through almost every Ashley fanfic before I noticed that the site automatically only searches stories rated K - T. Thoroughly enjoyed this story, hoping to see more of ME2 (and later ME3) from you!
James Beckett chapter 11 . 11/20/2009
I just read this entire story in a matter of minutes, and I loved every single minute of it. It's so rare to find a well-written romance on this site, and between with my favorite Mass Effect character (Garrus)! I loved the way you incorporated Shepard's in-game dialogue, and Garrs/Ashley's relationship was pitch-perfect. On of my all time favorite fan-fcitions, hands down. If I can, I'll give every chapter an individual review.

Absolutely amazing; I love it!

J.
Vicious Dice chapter 11 . 11/12/2009
I love it. Weird couple but it works.
Bojack727 chapter 6 . 11/4/2009
I have to say that I was worried for a moment when Ashley decided to come out and tell everyone. I was so worried that it would be a cringe-inducing moment...

And to my relief, it was perfect. You continue to portray Ashley in a favorable and flattering light- you understand the details of her character and realize that her frankness can be a strength when it's understood. And you are clever enough to realize this. Also, I was relieved in how you handled Garrus in the chapter as well- he managed to remain pretty calm and professional in spite of the situation.

Shepard is good in the chapter as well- I applaud your choice to portray her as a positive and diplomatic character... just like how I see Shepard. I also like the pairing of Female Shepard and Liara.

I recall that you said that Ashley seems less xenophobic with a female Shepard. It may have something to do with the fact that Fem-Shep can only form a friendship with Ashley. Perhaps as a result (in the writing), Ashley is more focused on Shepard's views... and thus learns to be more tolerant.

It's only a theory though, but I think it sort of makes sense. Anyway, I'm off to read more chapters!
Bojack727 chapter 5 . 11/2/2009
This was an interesting chapter. The dialogue between Ashley and Garrus was well written and fun to read. And again, I feel the need to point out some particular bits:

“Damn, we’re really gonna do this, aren’t we? This is surreal. I think I’m having an out-of-body experience. I don’t know, but I feel weird. But I don’t feel cold, that’s a good sign, right? Unless my whole body’s gone numb. That wouldn’t be so good... phew...”

That, and the "cereal" remark, were really cute moments. You're such a good writer- it's amazing. As always, great work. I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters and I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.
Bojack727 chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
I'm only on the second chapter as I write this... So far, the story is really good. You really have a good grasp of the characters.

I've read a lot of stories that don't really get the characters quite right. I can see that you've really taken some time to get a feel for the characters. I can tell that you genuinely like the characters. Firstly because you've actually taken the time to get Ashley's character right and not just make her act bitchy. You've also done a good job with Garrus- he's clever and witty like he should be.

Also, I love this line:

"Ashley decided that maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to be stranded with the turian. He was, after all, nicer than most guys she’d met, but then, he also had reptilian skin and mandibles on his face, so maybe comparing him to them was just an exercise in pointlessness."

That's brilliant. You're a very good writer and I can't wait to read more chapters.
RaZoRMandiblez chapter 11 . 10/31/2009
This is easily the single most heartwarming romance tale in the entire mass effect fiction section. It takes an unexpected pairing and makes it work beautifully, demonstrating that you do indeed have a firm grasp of the characters you write about. Well done. I look forward to reading further works from you.
CrayonMentality chapter 11 . 8/7/2009
This chapter was cute, and the action scene was great. I like how you've developed Ashley and haven't bashed her- I quite liked her in game despite her faults, (with a female Shepard). Hope this is still being updated. :)
CrayonMentality chapter 8 . 8/6/2009
Ouch.
CrayonMentality chapter 7 . 8/6/2009
It was awkward but it was still cute, huzzah! :)