Reviews for In Time of War
warshipShepp chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Nice job. I read the whole thing in one sitting. *For me that's good* I usually read a little bit at a time, then start another one.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Excellent story. (:
Elaine chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This is one of the few stories on that I have actually gone back and reread more than once. You do so well at capturing what I liked best about the series and the characters that inhabited it, and you make things so vivid I sometimes feel I saw it instead of reading it on a screen. Thank you for your brilliant writing, and I hope you're still doing fanfic for us lesser mortals...
RavenWeavesTales chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Great story! Well written and well thought out and very intense. Loved the whump for Shep and Co and their fear of trying to escape the civil war was almost palpable. Another great tale. Well done. Good on ya. Cheers! }:O

Raven
sheppardlover928 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Excellent, excellent story! Whump, angst, my fave team, impossible situations (but not for my fave team!) Gosh-I miss SGA so much!
ghostboi chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Brilliant!
Loopylou chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I think this is the best SGA story I've read. I really enjoyed it.
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
This was an excellent story...

There is something

definitely different about the trauma of it all.

Most of the time it was hard for me to decide whether I wanted

to cry or laugh, the latter due to Rodney.

I could not only visualize what was happening, but hear them

speak and the underground tunnels creeped me out
karonkgb chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Well done.

Karon
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
You write hurt!john so well - in fact John in Peril so well. and it may just have been my choice of fics to read so far but you also write Useless!Rodney so well too... he so often saves the day and well, its interesting reading him as frustrated and annoyed (more than usual).

and i enjoyed the complications that "Inquisition" leant to the story - the moral ambiguity over the whole expedition at times is very interesting.

thanks again
Aguirre chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
The opening scenes of this story reminded me of the bombed and ruined city-sets of Stanley Kubrick’s “Full Metal Jacket”. When you described that even the flags were still I could even smell the tension in the air along with the sweat which must have been on the back of Rodney’s neck. Thank you for making these images so real in my mind.

Once again you have the characters down so accurately that the sound of their voices accompanies the dialogue. You portray them with more skill than I have ever seen done within this fandom, and I believe that you deserve to feel proud of your achievements.

You have great control over the pace of the story, switching between scenes of movement and stretches of frozen anxiety very effectively. With many fanfics I must admit that my attention wanders and I tend to skim over sections, but I can’t miss a word of yours as each paragraph feels perfect and rewarding.

I love how you communicated John’s confusion by interspersing and skewing the segments of his memory instead of blocking them together. I really got the sense that his head was reeling and he was only able to focus on things briefly before snapping in or out of it, and that he was unable to distinguish between the past and the present at certain points of trauma.

“There was nothing there this time. It was like life ending, then starting again.” – What a beautiful description.

And at the end of this fic, my heart felt strange. As though I had come very near to dying and yet somehow life goes on, and in a certain light everything feels very vulnerable. You’ve transported your audience to somewhere far beyond the boundaries of a science-fiction series to experience something very precious, and I thank you very much for sharing your talent with us.
Ozlex chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I loved the whole bare feet thing. It totally worked for Bruce Willis and made him 10 times cooler and I think it worked ourman John as well. Congratulations on a whumptastic classic.
Laiquendi chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Wonderful story! Beautifully detailed. Really enjoyed reading it..thanks very much for sharing this with us all.
LilRicki chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Wonderful. Excellent story telling - I could really feel John's emotions and shock. Well done!

:-)

-LilRicki (aka Pansy Chubb)
KateRenn chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Wow! Intense and great whump! Wow!