Reviews for Legends, Part 4: Calm Before The Storm
Lili-Mai chapter 2 . 7/22/2014
Such a great start so far, I love your original content. First, Irons feeding the poor STARS his bullshit and now this chapter. The tension between Wesker and Nicholai kept me at the edge of my seat the whole chapter.

And I love your Wesker, he is a true dirt bag, but still feels a tinge of guilt and regrets sometimes, like a real human being!
Skiptrix chapter 19 . 6/19/2011
I'm kind of glad that you kept it to Nicholai's POV in this chapter, as I'm not sure I'd want to know what was going on in Wesker's mind as he made salami out of Nemesis.

I've read all the current legends stories, and have deducted that you are obviously a brilliantly talented author - you actually make Resident Evil scary, and Wesker's character is excellent.

I look forward to your rendition of Code Veronica :)
2ndsly chapter 20 . 3/8/2011
Before I review this part of legends I'm going to specify what I ment in my review for part three.

Nemesis, meet my friend, her name's Lisa!

Something about Lisa and Nemesis fighting draws me.

I put this here because of part four's in-between nature, so it's not a spoiler.

Now, I know a large point to the series is how the antagonists are not one dimensional. But that really is the most fansinating part to me.

Irons, Wesker, Hunk. I especially liked how you handled Hunk and what happens to Willaim Berkins.

I likemthe idea of Wesker being behind Nemesis, and remaining in RC during pt 5 and 6.
cjjs chapter 19 . 11/18/2009
Great couple of chapters, the way you described Nemesis was really (sickeningly) disturbing.

To be honest, I never cared for Nemesis much. I always Imagines the game designers discussing what would make a tyrant scarier, and decided to fall back to the trusty old Japanese "more tentacles" approach. I still don't care for the end result, but the devellopment of Nemesis is pretty dang interesting. Well done.
cjjs chapter 14 . 11/17/2009
I know I have mentioned this before, but I really like how you have written Chief Irons. He is very well rounded and believable. I can imagine the torment he must be feeling for becoming embroiled with Umbrella, truly an unenviable situation for a (fairly) decent human being.
cjjs chapter 10 . 11/17/2009
Argh, the Birkin chapters drive me nuts. I know very well that everything will NOT be fine.
cjjs chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
Great Chapter.

It sucks that Jill is taking this as had as she it (though i would be in the same boat as her)

Cheers to Brad for coming to her rescue. I actually always liked Brad, I suppose its because I can relate with him, I would totally have flown away as well if I had been in his shoes.
cjjs chapter 4 . 11/9/2009
Okay, a few chapters in already.

Fist of all, I realy liked how you are writing Chief Irons. Way too many fics (I am guilty of this as well) portray him as an incompetent bully who has all the restraint of a serial rapist. In all reality, a man like that would probably never raise above the rank of toliet scrubber in an actual police force, so I'm glad you decided to reboot his character.

Poor Bill and Annette, I know that they're both doomed, but I still hope that they can make it out.
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 20 . 4/23/2009
This fic was EPIC! I seriously enjoyed every moment of it and was enthralled from start to finish!

You did a great job with writing this fic and this part of your Legends saga! You should feel proud because it was a great piece of work, one of your best yet.

You were able to take every piece of detail that was essential in regards to the aftermath of the Mansion Incident and the beginning of the Raccoon City Outbreak, write them up in brilliant detail in a way that made sense of every small description involved with all the characters and the chronological order of events, and display to explain away all of the pieces of RE that were left blank whilst articulating it to your own perception.

Now THAT, that my friend, is both creative and enjoyable to read! And in conclusion, you had made an incredible segment to flow into your saga. I didn't find anything boring about it nor did I feel disappointed by the lack of action; you made up for that with intrigue, horror and suspense, especially with Wesker's newfound life, Birkin's transformation and the UBCS moblization.

I can't wait to read the next parts of your saga and the sub-plot you have planned for Rebecca and Billy, which you had implied to earlier with the last part of Rebecca in Legends.

But don't worry about taking too long with writing it. If something doesn't seem right or you don't think it is ready yet, then take the time you need to edit it. Rushing through things makes them look messy and disorganized, which leaves them looking less then what you intended to create, so take all the time you'll need, since we're all eager but patient to read it. I am struggling with my fic a lot and the updates come quite slowly because of everything in my life and work, but all of them are patient to wait so I take time to make it good for them to read.

Anyway, this was a brilliant part and it was good to read! I can't wait to see how you will write up the next two parts and intertwine it with all that has transpired here.

Later,

Scholar JVG.

(P.S. Sorry if I prattled on a lot. Bad habit.)
Starlight-Ninja chapter 20 . 4/21/2009
I didn't find it boring at all. I can't wait until you start part 5!
Sythlia chapter 20 . 4/19/2009
Whew! All caught up and I can't wait to see what the next saga when it comes out. Until then, just know that you kept another person glued to their monitor, reading away for the last few hours. It was so worth it. :D
Kryptech chapter 20 . 4/19/2009
And so it ends...

Part four wasn't boring to me, don't worry! Even the dialog sections were good reads. I wish we'd heard a little more about "Alice Cooper", but I suppose you were setting the stage for future events.

Thanks again for a wonderful creepy narrative. Keep it up!
Kryptech chapter 19 . 4/19/2009
I love Wesker's matter-of-factness. And it is good to see the tough guy Nicholai truly creeped out.
Kryptech chapter 17 . 4/19/2009
Graphic and disturbing...

"She stumbled backwards, the door swinging shut again. It swung back and forth on the open hinges, giving her brief glimpses of the room beyond the hallway, flashes like a nightmare strobe light."

"Just as they closed completely, she saw a narrow glimpse of the monster land on the soldier’s back and tear his head off his shoulders. Then the doors closed, and the only thing Annette saw was her own terrified image reflected back at her."

I particularly liked these two description.
Kryptech chapter 16 . 4/19/2009
I was a little surprised Birkin was so bold when making his demands to the soldiers... Interesting section though. The ending with the vial was painfully reading - brutal!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »