Reviews for Wayfaring
reagan o'connor chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Very impressive. Love your use of alliteration, symbolism and... well, the lemons are very. nicely. done.

This was recommended by a friend, and I am happy to say it was well worth the read.

A ten. Absolutely.
sk-lou chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Loved it. I really enjoyed the third person pov- very well done. Loved the convos between them- something there is not enough of in the books. Nice to see them interacting in a more adult way(not referring to the sex- although I liked your approach to that too). Thanks for this- I very much enjoyed reading!
stilljustceci chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
HA: "I just think it’s weird how they talk about him. Like he’s art. They wax poetic about his jaw. He’s just a guy."

Love the mention in there about the saint and "The Little Way." That's very philosophical. And lovely, actually. (And Edward folding the towels into origami animals was hilarious.)

Oh man, you are wrangling some heavy issues in this... the racism, Bella's inability to kill without hurting, ...and you handled so nicely the whole matter of them WAITING for each other in various ways.

I loved this. Very nicely written. :)
marukawa chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
wow. i don't really know what to think about this. i think i like it, but i'm not really..sure..hmm. definitely different-a breath of fresh air when it comes to ExB's relationshiip. feels so much more realistic than any other canon universe fic i have ever read, and for that, you have my utmost respect. *nodnod* i'm indifferent, but more like unable to wrap my mind around it-a major accomplishment. you've definitely captured my intrest-I'd really like to read more on this plot you have here. any hope to have a continuation of sorts someday? or perhaps some recs?
InkHeart17 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
My god this is beautiful and just brilliant!
RingTheBella chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
I really enjoyed this. If you ever decide to expand on it, fill in the gaps, add more detail, etc. - I would definitely read it.
nosleep3 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
I think this may be the most beautiful thing I've ever read.
giselle-lx chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
This has been recced to me many times (or I've seen it recced to other people) and I confess I've never gotten past the airport until this morning when I decided to give it another go.

I *really* like the choice of the omniscient third person for this fic. It gives this beautiful detachment to the story that is perfect for spinning what you're looking for. Few people do it well, and this probably wouldn't have worked as a long piece, but for what you're doing here the POV and the tense are just right. You have a beautiful way with words-I especially liked Bella's thought about the amputees.

My favorite parts were with Angela as Bella was eager to hear someone tell her that Edward wasn't perfect, and the shooting scene. Both were a really nice trip into Bella's head, which few authors do well, IMO.

All in all-really nice. Thanks for this.
dihenydd chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
That was absolutely beautiful.

I read this after a rec on the podcast Telling You How It Is and am so pleased I did. I found the whole thing just mesmerising. The pace, the word, the ideas. This is the only story where I have read a convincing reason for why Edward left; and only the second to deal with the institutionalised racism that must be part of his make up (the other being In The Blink of an Eye). While the thoughtfulness of the actions and structure of the story are evidently well thought through what holds me is the writing style, the language and the imagery; in particular the bestial quality of Edward.

I have of course read Trumped into Bed and like many others fervently hope that it will one day update.

Thank you for sharing.
thewasofshall chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
I love the way you've written this story... as if you, the writer, are an omnipotent narrator, but still feel the need to remind us, the readers, of tiny character quirks that we wouldn't be able to know otherwise (sort of like the character's inner dialogue, without them admitting or speaking such phrases). I'm also really into the timeframe that this takes place in... all the moments you've covered had to have happened in New Moon, but somehow you make them seem fresh and unexplored. I think that the time you took to fully flesh out these small interactions is a nice change; it definitely gives them a power that is otherwise under-represented.
oldsgt chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Awesome. Loved the way it was broken up. Loved behavior of both characters. Loved the POV.

Another reviewer used the word refreshing, and I second that. Crisp, clean, clutter-free story.
saraamin chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
wow this story was diferent and cool because after all Edward isnt perfect no one is perfect even if he looks perfect he isnt... thank you for this story great indeed :D
SherlockedCumberbitch chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Whoa,I liked this a lot,in a creepy sort of a bit of an eyeopener though,I wonder if it will change my image of Edward seeing I see him as perfect like Bella once did?
Sciffy chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
I read Twilight fanfic when I can't concentrate on revision. Normally I'll find a great idea for a story, fairly poorly written. Well, just a bit immaturely written, you know? I'll enjoy it anyway, because it's nice to escape into a world of stories, of plot devices, etc.

This, though...

If someone guaranteed me that some book just published had a similar style of writing to this fic, I'd go out and buy it. You use language, rather than just words. It's refreshing.

And it's also a wonderful idea for a story.
momma23 chapter 1 . 4/10/2009