Reviews for A Few Words of Comfort
Go go YULLEN! XD
reader-san chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
this was cute!
Emzieluvsbooks chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Beautiful. In character. Absolutely adorable. I loved it :)
ajunkboat chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
this fic is so sweet. you wrote it beautifully, it was just... :)
BrokenFacades chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Okay, WOW. This is short, and yet... it is one of the best ficts that i have read somehow...
Bitter-Sweet Teardrops chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Wow, I'm amazed! how did you fit so much into so little? I really liked this, the way you portrayed emotion, and the Kanda-Allen comfort. It was so sweet. Great job.

- B~S T
Missus Ann chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
This was just genious. In fact, it was so much genious that it almost made me cry. Of /happy/ tears. That doesn't happen often. Well, there's the occasional "WELL OH MY GOSH, SOANDSO UPDATED." Happy tears. I think that might start to happen when you update. Because, yes, I will say this yet again, this is just amazing. How you managed to fit this much awesome into one thing, I'm not actually aware of. And I don't think I ever /will/ be.

Allen cries, and Kanda says nothing, but gives him his space and his time and maybe he’ll offer a quiet tch! when he thinks Allen should move on. Kanda never cries, but he always seems to be there when Allen does, and in the whirl of death and suffering that is their world, Kanda is unchanging, and that is something Allen can hold on to. And Kanda lets him.

“Come on, moyashi,” he’ll say sometimes, pretending that he’s not looking at Allen over his shoulder. “I’ll leave you behind.”

But he wouldn’t, not now anyway, and they both know that, and maybe that knowledge is what helps Allen dry his tears and stop sniffling and get back up on his feet in time to say,

“My name’s Allen, you retard.” And that. Oh, that!

That was just... brilliant! The way you portrayed their emotions was just wonderful.

~Ann
Hesunohana chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
great !
Azureila chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wow. This fic is written with simplistic impression, but somehow, while I was reading it, I know it has some deep-rotted issues, existed between those lines, wanted to be understand

And Allen's characterization is poignant, you go straight forward and telling the truth to reader, but still keep some sense of softness on his attitude.

Kanda's affection and concerns are just LOVE. He is like a solid, stedy rock that Allen can hold on to. In the end, Kanda's bitter remarks push Allen to start over, because they have ignited some spirit to him, to continue to live and walk forward.

Oh my, I don't know. I just love this. Forgive my incoherent rambling, ne?

Thank you for sharing!

Regards,

SheilaLuv
a1y-puff chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
It's probably late to review, but I just want to say that it was simply beautiful. I love how Kanda said and did nothing but just be there, and I absolutely love how you ended this drabble :D
chishero chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I love it. :) Everything in here's so true. It's very touching for something so short.. I especially liked your word choice, like "backlashes of love" or "whirl of death & suffering". It's vivid~ I wish I had a Kanda to lean on D:!
IOTR chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
"in the whirl of death and suffering that is their world, Kanda is unchanging, and that is something Allen can hold on to. "

I lovelovelove that part. :)

Great fic!
LylicaGalatea chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
I liked it, a lot :)

First because it isn't easy to write something so short and still be able to give a complete story full of details and characters. You dirctly explain the problem causing Allen's pain, then with one sentence each you perfectly describe Lavi and Lenalee's friendship and how their comfort is not adequate.

Then, the second reason why I like it is because I completely agree with you :)

Kanda is the perfect "supporter" for Allen because he never wavers and Allen can lean on him when instead he is crumbling. Kanda will never change, nor break, and Allen finds strength in his unchanging resolution.

And I also like the idea that Kanda keeps an eye on him without anybody noticing.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this piece of yours, because just yesterday I submitted a oneshot touching the same topic, that is how Kanda's unwavering life lets Allen use him as an anchor when he's loosing himself. But I didn't think it for Yullen week, it was inspired by Christmas letters :D I'd be glad to have your review since we both feel the same about Kanda and Allen's relationship :)
azab chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
i loved it
emerusmerlinus chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Okay! short and I fail to see the closeness between cold/hearted Kanda and Allen... I see Allen and the Lavi, Allen and the fck Lenalee but I don't see Kanda and Allen...

Arigato, do your best for Allen and Kanda