Reviews for Despair of His Own
starfire25 chapter 11 . 1/24/2014
aww poor greg. i loved this story.
SandieBrody chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
OMG this is so heart warming! I can't wait for next chapter, poor Greg!
MadamShinigami chapter 11 . 11/3/2011
I would love to see this finished.
fighttowin1 chapter 11 . 1/19/2011
Wow...such instensity! Very nicely written, I liked how strong you made Greg, and the characters were believable. Very nicely done! Thank you for writing it...and sharing it with us!
635589793238 chapter 11 . 6/13/2010
he lived! yesssssssssssssssssss omigosh how did u get SO GOOD at writing? o wow i feel so good now that he lived...phew.

wow, ur AMAZING!
635589793238 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
plzplzplzplzPLZ dont let him die! this isnt FAIR, they were so close! whaaa
635589793238 chapter 9 . 6/13/2010
another fantastic chapter, i especially liked it cuz it made archie seem less one dimentional...less one dimentional. he has no dimensions...

anyways, U R SUCH AN INCREDIBLY EPIC WRITER! NEVER STOP!

and have u got any original work published?
635589793238 chapter 2 . 6/13/2010
i love ur greg humour, it seems so realistic, exactly what greg would say.

and also, if greg "doesn't survive this ordeal" then i will be very very very angry with you. i mean its bad enough you killed him once already!
635589793238 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
this is going 2 be AWESOME!
LupinandHarry chapter 11 . 2/28/2009
Aww :)

*snuggles Greg*

nice alt. ending, I liked it a lot.
Moochiecat chapter 11 . 2/28/2009
Outstanding fic! The plot was great, the writing crisp and not bogged down. The characters were very much "in character" and the closing was very satisfactory. Pat yourself on the back- it was great!
happyharper13 chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
Sorry I took so long to review here. I am a lousy reader, especially when it comes to a story I enjoyed so much. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Anywho,...

I still really like the tone of desperation you've set. I have to say that this is probably the best Gregnapping story I've read (and believe me, I've read A LOT). A lot of stories focus entirely on the productivity of the team while ignoring the emotional ramifications. You, however, take full advantage of the emotional issues and paint them believably and poignantly. I can really feel for the CSIs back at the Lab because they really do feel hopeless, and the reason is very understandable.

On a side note, something strange was going on with the ñ. There were various ñ's placed between words. Probably some strange formatting thing that happened when uploading.

I love that you actually use Warrick, let alone that you actually write him well. Bravo on that one. Warrick's fear of seeing the "empty eyes" and his memories of Holly were particularly poignant, and your careful word choice and sentence structure really brought out the best effects. Seriously, the Warrick paragraph was just plain beautiful (and I haven't even gotten to re-reading the rest of the chapter).

You paint a very clear image of how Nick's feeling. Perfect imagery and general use of descriptions.

One little thing - Lindsey Willows is Lindsey with an 'e' (vs. NY's Lindsay Monroe).

You do an excellent job of differentiating the characters' perspectives, which is especially hard to do when writing a story like this, where all of the team members are dealing with the same tangible cause of grief and/or angst. You have such a clear grasp not only on the characters, but on how their minds work. Nick is in a stressed out and borderline-irrational battle within himself. Warrick is calm, but is bordering on giving up hope. Catherine pushes the fears to the back of her mind, because she KNOWS she has to just focus on working. Each character is so totally in-character.

One other formatting thing - it's a lot easier to read when you put lines in between different scenes. For example, I'd recommend a separating line between the Lab scene and the Greg scene.

The Grissom realization scene was priceless. Just priceless.

"humanity that for Greg was worse than any torture." - I'm listing that particular quotation, but the entire thought process surrounding it was so insightful, so perversely sweet and just so... Greg. No matter what crap he goes through, he still has that automatic inclination to see humanity in people, and he's not capable of hating, no matter how hard he tries or what awful things his kidnapper does to him. Greg's desire to know the man's motives, even when he knows he's hours away from being killed by the man, highlights so well what a good CSI Greg has become, and how much he cares about his job - how right the job is for him because he has that innate curiosity.

Overall, so well done. You clearly have a knack for imagery, and for dragging out the moments and capturing emotions just right. Excellent job, and I look forward to more Greg angst (or Grangst, as you call it XD )!

;)

Harper
JamaicanSnowflakes chapter 10 . 2/17/2009
That was amazing! Please update soon!
NothingButSarah chapter 10 . 2/16/2009
This was a really good story, always love a good Greg story! Great writing, i am glad he was ok at there end though!
ShadowWolfDagger chapter 10 . 2/16/2009
Awesome ending to a rockin story. Will you be writing any more any time soon? If so what will they be about?

~Tala~