Reviews for A Short Drive to Victory
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
Eery how possible you make this sound...
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Well, Doom had already made this work in Latveria... giving the people great benefits in exchange for loyalty. So why not expand the scale?
alf the explorer chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Great job! I love your short stories. I can definately see Doom doing something like this.
LZoril chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Doom savior of the economy. It has a nice ring. As always you present a fresh new glimpse of old hero's and villians.

I just wish there were more, high quality comic book, Doom fics out there.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
LOL! I can actually see Doom doing this.
kentmagus chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Reed Richards would see it coming, but I doubt he'd do anything about it.

Tony Stark would try to stop Doom economically, but Doom is just smarter than Stark. Doom wants to prove he's better than Stark and leave him alive just to rub it in his face. Besides, killing an American superhero would hurt his popularity poll.

It is a plausible strategy for Doom if he got past his prove he's smarter than Richards and destroy him utterly kick. He wants to prove he's better than Richards in his own field, rather than economics.

Doom would never admit failure. It'd be having a new field of study to acquire that he's been ignoring.

That last bit about playing with them is a flat-out lie. If he had been playing games with them, Doom would have been wasting time. He's not immortal yet.

Economic rulership. Good, I see my world domination runs unopposed.
almchristensen chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Brilliant! One of the basic aspects of Doom's personality has always been his near absolute belief in the fact that he should be the one in charge because he's just better at it than anyone else, and now he gets his chance to prove it.

I've had an idea similar to this about Ra's from DC just using his vast wealth and contacts to take over the world's industry and make better eco-friendly products and factories, but I could never get it to work to my satisfaction. I always end up having Lex step in and high-jack the whole thing in a half-baked plot to kill Supes or build his reputation while screwing over everyone.

Thanks for the fic, your short comedies are some of the best I've ever read.
seikotuner chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
A t.

Talk about getting pwned.

Awesome read, pal.
John Riehle chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Brilliant. Just brilliant as always.

I don't know if Doom could ever bring himself to change his tactics. He's too assured in his own brilliance and trying anything other than the direct approach as he always has could be viewed as an admitance of failure on his part, but if he wanted to do this, there really is absolutely no one and nothing that could stop him.
girlwithoutfear chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Well done!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
This is actually a bit more plausible than the whole 'Norman Osborne: Patriot and Hero' storyline that Marvel's been doing lately.
Strumwulf chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Two words. Doom rules.
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
LMAO!

I do so enjoy it when you write anything with Doom involved. Outstanding sir!
BenRG chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Oh, a brilliant idea, Adrian.

You have to wonder why no one has ever actually /tried/ this. After all, with everything on our planet so obviously up for sale (including our political 'leaders') it would seem to be an incredibly simple method of world domination. What is more, if one controls the economy, you can strangle any possible threat by economic sanctions than you ever could by brute, physical force.

Of course... even if this /had/ happened, we would never be allowed to know, right? ;-)

If there is one thing that doesn't quite scan here it is using Tony Stark to confront Doom. I would have thought that Stark, of all the heroes, would have seen what was happening and had attempted to prevent it; it is thus unlikely that he would have survived this long. It would have been more appropriate (if slightly cliché) to have had Reed Richards in that role.

That quibble aside, an entertaining little story. I love your characterisation of Dr. Doom - I think that you capture his essential nature perfectly.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10