Reviews for Love is a Four Letter Word
20yearfriend chapter 22 . 1/19/2009
Well, how sweet was this story? I loved it!

You managed to keep Keith at 15 and 16 true to who he is at 17 and 18. Sometimes people lose the essance of a person's character when they start playing with their ages. They have their character's saying and doing things that there is NO way they would do at ANY age. But you kept Keith...Keith! His emoions and reactions were very much age appropriet, but it was very much the personality of the Keith we know so well. GREAT JOB!

I especially enjoyed when Reuben showed up. You had him down too and Danny as well. The family's and Reuben's impressions of each other, I felt, were very realistic.

I am sorry your story is over, (As I always am when one of your stories end) I hope you are feverishly writing a new one!

I am amazed at how fresh and different all your stories are! Mucha Talenta mi Amiga!

Great Job Jackie!

Aprile
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 22 . 1/19/2009
Wonderful ending, I just wish that it hadn't ended. There's nothing more to look forward to every night. LOL Hurry on that next story.

Keith will always be a flirt at heart, even when he doesn't know it. I don't blame Beth for getting in that last kiss, though.

Shirley always knows what to say...in just about every given situation.

Very well done, Jackie. I really enjoyed this one!

20yearfriend chapter 21 . 1/19/2009
GOSH! I LOVE this story! I especially loved the last two chapters. I feel bad for Beth, but then...not really, kinda like she feels.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the whole Reuben Kincaid becomes their manager amd the buying of the bus and Danny's wheeling and dealing! It was SO great!

This story caught me at bad time, when a lot of stuff is going on that I have to deal with, that's why I have been sporatic in my comments. PLEASE do not for a second think my absence has been for any other reason!

I LOVE your stories and your writing style. So interestng and REAL!

Can't wait for the rest!

A
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 21 . 1/18/2009
This chapter was so very cool! It was kinda like going behind the scenes of the first episode. Super Cool!

The thought that makes me giggle is that Keith is so shy about singing lead.

I was thinking last night that ITILY would be the perfect love song written by Keith for his lost love, Beth. Looks like Jackie was thinking the same thing!

Also a good point as to why Keith gets away with calling him Rueben, instead of Mr. Kincaid. Good thinking!

I can picture Keith teaching his mom to drive that beast!

What's with this "one last major happening" in Keith's life? Is Beth going to tell him?

Doh!

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 20 . 1/17/2009
Well, I'm glad that Keith and Shirley got to talk, and he finally opened up to her, it was very heartwarming.

"Slap and Tickle?" Oh, that was precious! LOL

I was wondering how Keith was going to react to the news that he was going to be a daddy. Now we'll never know, or maybe she'll tell him somewhere down the line. Good thing Barbara is such a good sister, and fast thinking too. To have Beth pretend that she's her, to get a once over by the school nurse, that was brilliant!

Don't know how close you are to ending this story, Jackie, but I think this would be a good character to revisit somewhere down the line. Keith runs into his first love a couple of years down the road. Could make for some interesting stuff.

Wonderful chappie, girlfriend!

More, more, more!

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 19 . 1/16/2009
OMG, she didn't tell him? Oh, he's going to be pissed off when she does tell him!

I can't believe that Shirley saw the hickey and didnt' put two and two together. Or should I say one and one? LOL She's going to be pissed off! Oh wait, she already is!

My favorite quote: "we’re going to be late for school. I’d hate to think what she’d take away from me if that happened." I shudder to think!

Great job Jackie!

sigh...is it tomorrow yet?

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 18 . 1/16/2009
First, I want to say sorry for not leaving reviews on the last few chapters. Been feeling under the weather, and not spending a lot of time on the computer.

Wow, lots of firsts in these last three chapters for our Keithie. First breakdown, first complete song, with lyrics, first...um lay, first potential child.

Jackie, you have done a wonderful job capturing all of the whirling emotions of the whole family after sustaining such a huge loss. Not going into great details on the funeral was good, it was just enough information for the reader to imagine the rest. That's what I think a good writer should be aware of. Sometimes there is such a thing as TMI.

It's really great to see just how the band came together and under what circumstances. And you remembered to introduce Simone!

Beth going to her older sister for help was very realistic. I would've been scared out of my mind. So now we have to see if it's just a scare or if she's really preggers. That Keith, I always knew he was a Fertile Myrtle. The very first time he has sex, he gets her pregnant. YIKES!

Feeling much better now, so bring on the next chapter!

20yearfriend chapter 18 . 1/15/2009
AND this is just what Keith needs right now! AND his mom! Keith! Keith! Keith!

Great job! Still Lovin' it!
20yearfriend chapter 17 . 1/14/2009
I,m loving it Jackie! Keith's emotions are right on point, and even his encounter with Beth is very realistic as to the how and why it took place and the awkwardness of the "Aftermath".

PLEASE tell me Gordy and Skizzy aren't about to offer beer or whiskey to Keith!

OY!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

A
20yearfriend chapter 15 . 1/12/2009
Jackie...I don't even know what to say!These last few chapters about Keith and his dad and finally his dad dying have been superb! I tell you, you have brought everything to life and I don't believe I have actually read a fanfic that dealt with Dan's actual death.

I think you have nailed Keith, the guilt for the drinking, the numbness, but still the drive to take care of the family, the worry and guilt that something is wrong with him because he isn't falling apart, and finally when he does in the privacy of his room. It happens, but he doesn't allow himself the time to wallow in it.

I think it is very much Keith to go to the hospital to see the guy who did this to his Dad, his family. But Keith can't help his goodness, he will want to kill the jerk but will instead walk away, and end up with his grandpa or maybe even the morgue. So typical of him.

I just LOVE the whole thing! Awesome, AWESOME job, Jackie!

Aprile
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 15 . 1/12/2009
Whoa! Our little Keithie thinking about pulling the plug? And he's not even sure if this guy is one? Whoa!

It never even dawned on me that he would feel guilty on account of he had been drinking the same night his father is killed by a drunk driver.

Having to physically fight down his own emotions in his bedroom...is so like Keith! What a trouper!

As for him knowing exactly how to answer Danny's question about why God took their daddy away, was both heartwrenching and heartwarming!

Suburb job, as always Jackie! You RAWK!

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 14 . 1/11/2009
Wow, what a powerful scene at the end. Awesome job!

This story is exceptional for a lot of reasons. Getting aquainted with Mr. P just before he passes away, and seeing what a wonderful father and husband he was, makes taking his death all that much harder for the reader. We know it's coming, obviously, but it still takes our breath away. At least it did for me. The very subject of Mr. P was something that wasn't gone into at all on the show, which was kind of weird, especially since it was stated that his death had only taken place 6 months ago. You made this very human, Jackie, and I applaud you for it.

Keith's initial reaction, I'm sure, is only temporary. But it shows us very early on that he took the "Man of the House" job very seriously. It was almost like he went on auto-pilot. It'll probably catch up with him, when he least expects it. Something tells me that it won't be a good thing.

Bravo, girlfriend! Can't wait for more! (Really)

Karen

I know I keep saying that I can't wait to read the next chapter, but now...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! My imagination will be working overtime, I think!
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 13 . 1/10/2009
OMG! "If he didn't make it in music, he'd have a job driving a truck if he wanted." Puh-leeze! LOL I couldn't help but laugh out loud, you never fail to make me laugh at least once, Jackie.

So Greg is pretty much off the hook and free to do what he wants, huh? Plus the fact that he lost his scholarship because of the "tustle", makes me think that we haven't heard the last from him. Ruh-ro, I smell trouble.

And Molly is conviently moving away...hm...interesting. Me thinks that Keith and Beth will end up together one way or another. The fact that she showed up at the hospital to say "good-bye" to him just proves that she really does have feelings for him. DUH! I mean...who wouldn't? A blind, deaf, and dumb girl, that's who! LOL

Great job once again, Jackie.

Still jonesin here...

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 12 . 1/9/2009
Wow, not only does Greg have a short fuse, but now we learn that he's got a switch! Crazed, jealous boyfriend to sweet, apologetic boyfriend, and back again in mere seconds.

Lot's of action in this chapter, poor Keith! First, he gets strep throat, then he gets the snot kicked out of him. I almost want to send him a "Get Well" card.

I don't think his girl troubles are quite over yet. He's going to have to deal with Molly, she's becoming suspicious, I think. Poor girl, I feel bad for her.

Great chappie tonight, Jackie!

More, more, more!

Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 11 . 1/9/2009
Whoa! Keith is getting in deeper, soon he'll be over his head!

He sure has a golden ear, getting Beth to sing in a different key, and another style. He's so sweet to help her out, even if he has other motives.

My favorite part was when Grandpa caught them under the mistletoe. "Swallowing her face", oh man, that was priceless!

Okies, where's the next chapter?